dcsimg

Noise and vibration analyzer for android phone

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Just found this neat app from Bosch, it use your phone to analyze both sound level and vibration, gives you a history graph and you can even record them. The vibration measurement isn’t particularly sensitive but I don’t know if it’s because of my phone or the app itself.

Thought you guys would find it useful.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bosch.nvh_analysis

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I have a couple of Sound Meter apps on my phone for trouble shooting sound in the field.

ThanX, I’ll have to download the Bosch App and check it out. I’m surprised they dot have it as an add on to the Bosch Toolbox App.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I have a couple of Sound Meter apps on my phone for trouble shooting sound in the field.

ThanX, I’ll have to download the Bosch App and check it out. I’m surprised they dot have it as an add on to the Bosch Toolbox App.

Seems this one was done by a different crew and not under the “official” Bosch banner, only found it today by chance even though it was available since 2014.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Might be a good up to use when doing some tool testing.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

If it reads decibel it’s not gonna be much accurate. I have a app like that also it’s simular but you don’t get the actual reading.but then there is a level app and it does work. I wouldn’t use it on something crazy but it’s accurate

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I just downloaded it, I’m gonna fool around with it tomorrow.

Thanks for pointing it out.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I wonder how accurate it would be depending on the phone and placement of the mic on the phone itself.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Probably more useful for relative measurement than absolute value. I recall the microphone used on phones are optimized for human voice frequency/loudness. It looks like this app let you adjust compensation for individual frequency ranges, but I don’t know how would one do that without an actual sound meter to compare with.

The vibration meter is more interesting, haven’t seen an app does that before, could come in handy for fine tuning (stationary) power tools.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Got it!
    I’ve always wanted a sound measuring gadget.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.324 seconds