dcsimg

Nice Deck

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Holy Cow!

redwood
    Pro

Well since you guys brought this topic back from the dead. As I expected, the deal fell through with the buyers. That house is/was going to be a really tough sell. My understanding was that the sales price was very fair, for all the damage, but lenders were going to have a big problem with it.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Sweet rolling deck. Lol

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

I think that place is in need of a flip… Correctly done of course.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

redwood
    Pro

I thought I would look back at the pics of this place and I found another one that should have been posted to show how good of shape this deck was in.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

redwood
    Pro

Here is another one I didn’t get to repair. I guess they felt it could last another year

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Here is another one I didn’t get to repair. I guess they felt it could last another year

Like I said “Your deck shouldn’t smile.”

It does amaze me how bad some people let things get, and they won’t even think twice about having a party on the deck…

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

It amazes me to think it lasted that long

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man that some sad looking decks. It looks like deck rot.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Those are gruesome decks. Hard to imagine someone would let them go that far.

Pat

Anonymous
    Inactive

Holy crap, I’d be afraid to walk out on that one. Don’t they realise how dangerous that truly is?

You should carry around some pics of decks that have fallen down to show people what can happen

SamM
    Pro

This deck is approx. 22 years old. It kind of shows how some of our codes today are probably a little too strict.

bingo. we did an addition/renovation a few years ago and they had us demo and reframe their deck. no plans, and the GC told us to just reframe it exactly how it was before. the existing deck was barely nailed together and had no hardware whatsoever. when we demoed it, it basically fell part like slow roasted shortribs. yet it stood for 30 years. so we re-framed it like it was before, but the right way with the proper amount of nails and hardware and blah blah blah. architect and engineer come by and say it’s no good and have us double up all the joists and all this overkill shit. unreal.

Engineers make a living by having things overbuilt. Doesn’t cost them anything to say add more to it, and covers their butt because less can go wrong.

We framed a warehouse last year and the engineer wanted 2×8 studs 12″ OC. Boss talked him into 16″ OC.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

You sure see some horrible decks!

RSG
    Pro
    Niles, OH

I wouldn’t want to even touch that deck unless it was a complete demo of it and start fresh with a new one. Its unbelievable what some people try to get away with when building

redwood
    Pro

I wouldn’t want to even touch that deck unless it was a complete demo of it and start fresh with a new one. Its unbelievable what some people try to get away with when building

My understanding on the last painted deck that I posted, was that I didn’t get the job because I opted for a complete replacement and would not try to repair it.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

it’s like your walking on a pirate ship or something, or the plank! arg!

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.479 seconds