dcsimg

NFL playoffs 2016

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 159 total)
  • Author
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Toronto has the worst sports fans IMO. Bandwagon jumpers and fairweather fans. If the team doesn’t do well they’re not supported, nvm what the ticket prices for NFL games here would be…OUCH!

But there are enough fans to keep the seats full. Leaf games are always sold out come game time. 75% of that is season ticket holders. the rest, scalpers. LOL
    NFL would have no problem with erratic fans, jumping on and off the bandwagon..

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I think Buffalo tried a few games in Canada a few years ago but they were not happy with the results. The push seems to be Europe. It is not so much the fans in the stadium as it is the TV market. It is a fact that the NFL wants a team(s) in Los Angeles. It is also very probable that the stadium will not be a sellout (it is the reason every team that was ever in LA has left (Rams, Raiders), but LA is the second largest TV market in the US and the NFL feels a team there would boost its ratings and TV ad rates.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Some wild games for week 1… Looking forward to Chiefs Pats!

After the Royals won the series, maybe it’s the magic they need for a double crown 😉

--Steve

redwood
    Pro

When I followed the Bills for a few years, as I knew a couple of players on their teams, I know their fans hated the idea of the team moving to Toronto. I seem to remember that one of the clauses when the team was sold, was that it would stay in Buffalo.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

keko
    Pro

maybe the packers still do have an offense they finally got something going lets hope it spills over to next week in the desert the pack owes them one.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

GO PACK GO!

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Oh wow a football thread. What a great game. I’m just not a fan.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the pack always did have a offense. they have the two time mvp at qb remember.. the issue has been the recievers inability to get open when playing against db’s that play press coverage. and too many dropped balls. next week is gonna be a test though. they played the cards only 3 weeks ago and got smoked by them not to mention rodgers was sacked 8 times

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

I will be cheering for the Packers but I will not get my hopes up. The Cardinals are a very good team.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I think Buffalo tried a few games in Canada a few years ago but they were not happy with the results. The push seems to be Europe. It is not so much the fans in the stadium as it is the TV market. It is a fact that the NFL wants a team(s) in Los Angeles. It is also very probable that the stadium will not be a sellout (it is the reason every team that was ever in LA has left (Rams, Raiders), but LA is the second largest TV market in the US and the NFL feels a team there would boost its ratings and TV ad rates.

yah they did have a few games in toronto, but they didn’t market it very well, and no one knew about it till game day where people here were wondering what the crowd was about lol.

yellaD
    Pro

yah they did have a few games in toronto, but they didn’t market it very well, and no one knew about it till game day where people here were wondering what the crowd was about lol.

Tailgating is a big part of football culture in USA. It’s not allowed here in T.O. Do you remember what they tried to charge the first NFL/Bills game here years ago? It was like way overpriced and when they tried to charge the same prices for the 4th game here, it wasn’t sold out cuz the novelty wore off. NFL will never succeed here vs relocating to a major US city.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i remember the whole bills to toronto discussion a while back. there was even recent talk of them relocating within the states but nothing ever happened with it.. right now the big thing is whats going to happen with the chargers and raiders.. even if one of them relocates it will cause a big shuffle of the divisions and whos in what one

as for playoffs.. the steelers/ broncos game id have to go with the broncos.. the steelers are just too banged up especially with rothlesburger being questionable

chiefs/ pats, im siding with the chiefs as i like what they’ve bee doing lately however you cant count brady out as much as i hate the guy

packers/ cardinals… GO PACK GO. the offense awakens

panthers/ seahawks.. this is a toughy.. the panthers are playing good ball and seahawks are weak right now however their defense has been on of the best for multiple seasons now

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I think Carolina will rise to the occasion and defeat the Seahawks soundly.

redwood
    Pro

I think Carolina will rise to the occasion and defeat the Seahawks soundly.

I can’t say who is going to win, but I’m rooting for Carolina. What I will say is when was the last time someone beat Seattle soundly. There worst defeat this year was by 10 pts. in Green Bay, real early in the season.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Tailgating is a big part of football culture in USA. It’s not allowed here in T.O. Do you remember what they tried to charge the first NFL/Bills game here years ago? It was like way overpriced and when they tried to charge the same prices for the 4th game here, it wasn’t sold out cuz the novelty wore off. NFL will never succeed here vs relocating to a major US city.

that was one of the big problems with nfl here, is that the tailgating culture couldn’t be brought over. No drinking in the parking lot, and probably no bbqing like that either.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i think the bbqing would be fine as long as the flame is controlled. all that would have to be done is have a little extra security patrolling the parking lot

yellaD
    Pro

Just wondering if anyone is in NFL pools? If theres enough interest, we could start one (next year for NFL) as it’s so much easier with internet/online sites vs traditional way of actually getting together. I really enjoy the NFL because of the “pools” I’m in.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Carolina Seahawks matchup will be very interesting. Carolina seems to be on the way up and the Seahawks trying to hold on.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

redwood
    Pro

Sorry for the Green Bay contingent here, but very interesting ending to the game.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Not really into watching football unless I place a few bets. That always makes the game more fun for me.

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 159 total)
  • The topic ‘NFL playoffs 2016’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.530 seconds