dcsimg

New Workshop Construction

This topic contains 84 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Cheers @ronw – Will be going with 1″ styrofoam and Tyvek house wrap on the sheathing. Flashing the bottom and concrete, and then add siding to bring it flush. That should give me a nice bit of extra insulation, before I insulate and drywall inside.

Actually, footings were in place before the pour…….

Haven’t measured the ledge overhang, but will probably just add flashing and then siding to bring it flush…Still mulling over what my best option is.

Depending on the amount of hangover, flashing would be the least I would do. The extra insulation from 1″ foam board might be a good thing too.

Good call on the extra insulation. You can get styro insulation that has a “house wrap” bonded right to it, usually foil faced. Just tape the seams with the same stuff you use on house wrap.

From my understanding and I could very well be wrong, I’ve just heard so many different conflicting opinions on the matter – taping the seams of your foam is actually a bad thing.

I’m guessing your thinking of IKO silver board with tuck tape on the seams. It actually seals it too tight, and leaves no room to breath.

Typar/Tyvek whatever kind of house wrap you use is a directional wrap that breaths out. So when wanting to seal the exterior the best you can, a house wrap that is taped is best before foam with its joints left unfinished.

we have prepared the building application documents for the construction of the new workshop and the storage and personnel facilities in cooperation with the engineering.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

we have prepared the building application documents for the construction of the new workshop

Congrats on starting a new project. How big a facility will it be?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Was thinking about this build last week. Had been wondering how @geordie99 was doing with his shop build?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Was thinking about this build last week. Had been wondering how @geordie99 was doing with his shop build?

True Ron, haven’t heard anything, would be nice to see the progress.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.762 seconds