dcsimg

New work vehicle – Mercedes Benz Metris – Passenger Version

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Moze
    Dallas, TX

I posted about my first Metris here:

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/new-work-vehicle-mercedes-benz-metris/

I liked the van but there were a few annoyances:

1.) Visibility was really bad due to there not being any rear/side windows.
    2.) The road noise was pretty bad, even with sound deadener.
    3.) There was a sliding door on the passenger side only. I had my Tstaks stacked on th drivers side facing the passenger side sliding door. It was fine but I had to crawl into the van anytime I needed anything out of them. And if I had a bunch of signs in the back, they often blocked the drawers and I couldn’t get to the Tstaks to get anything out. Pretty frustrating.

This passenger version fixed all of those issues. Visibility is great, road noise is pretty low, and with two sliding doors, I’ve placed twice as many Tstaks, but they’re facing outward for easy access.

A few pics and vids below:

Resident Sign Guy

Moze
    Dallas, TX
    MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

That is a pretty slick setup right there @Moze. Accessibility to tools/supplies is always a good thing.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Moze nice to see you back, nice van.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That is sweet!

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Nice and neat and organised.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Nicely done Moze. Very effective use of space.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Curious what are the color matching parts and fasteners boxes on top if the TSTAK cases? Do they connect with the TSTAK system or it’s incompatible? Looks pretty handy to have individual covers on them.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Thank you, all.

@miamicuse
    the parts organizers are sold on Amazon. If you search for “workvanequipment”, one word, it should show up. They’re not compatible with the Tstaks.

Resident Sign Guy

CB
    Spectator

Talk about black ops stealth… Moze’s van is the F-117A of work vehicles.

Is “hanging signs” your cover for being a wiretapping contractor for the FBI?

Moze
    Dallas, TX

@cb You know the deal….If I told ya, …… 🙂

Resident Sign Guy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yes that is a super setup!! I really like the door on both sides. I have cargo doors on both sides now too.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Oh nice @ditywhiteboy

What van are you driving?

Resident Sign Guy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Thanks Moze.

I also like how you can slide open all your drawers in the TSTAK tower and it didn’t tilt over and fall. Is this prevented by the strap across the top or there is something else holding them into position?

Those are real nice parts organizers. Wish they were compatible with the TSTAK.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

@miamicuse The Tstaks are held in place with 1″ ratchet straps. There are tie-down points in the floor on either side of them, so it worked out pretty well.

The parts organizers are just held in place with a flat bungee. The bungee is hooked on the Tstak clips on either side. When the organizers are closed on the bungee, they’re basically locked in place. When they’re open, the bungee keeps them in place.

Resident Sign Guy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

@miamicuse The Tstaks are held in place with 1″ ratchet straps. There are tie-down points in the floor on either side of them, so it worked out pretty well.

The parts organizers are just held in place with a flat bungee. The bungee is hooked on the Tstak clips on either side. When the organizers are closed on the bungee, they’re basically locked in place. When they’re open, the bungee keeps them in place.

Got it Moze thanks!

I am on the TSTAK platform for mobile storage, I bought the Craftsman version (but peeled off the logo stickers lol), I have been pretty happy with it the only thing I wish they have is a more versatile and modular parts organizer and a deep “tilt out” box.

CB
    Spectator

How deep (up and down) are the largest TStak drawers?

How deep (front to back) are they?

How far do the drawers extend outward? In other words, when the drawer is fully open, how much of the open end of the drawer is exposed to withdraw and replace tools into?

Is there an interlock between drawers that prevents the drawer from being opened whenever the first drawer is opened within the same couplet of drawers? (Something you would have had to have manually bypassed for your photo above)

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Got it Moze thanks!

I am on the TSTAK platform for mobile storage, I bought the Craftsman version (but peeled off the logo stickers lol), I have been pretty happy with it the only thing I wish they have is a more versatile and modular parts organizer and a deep “tilt out” box.

You bet!

Resident Sign Guy

Moze
    Dallas, TX

How deep (up and down) are the largest TStak drawers?

How deep (front to back) are they?

How far do the drawers extend outward? In other words, when the drawer is fully open, how much of the open end of the drawer is exposed to withdraw and replace tools into?

Is there an interlock between drawers that prevents the drawer from being opened whenever the first drawer is opened within the same couplet of drawers? (Something you would have had to have manually bypassed for your photo above)

@CB

The drawers are right at 3-7/8″ high/deep and 13-3/4″ wide.

The depth (front to back) varies because the fronts aren’t flat inside. They’re 9-1/4″ at the middle, 10″ on either side of that and 10-3/4″ along the sides.

The drawers pull almost all of the way open except for about a 1/2″ So subtract that from the above dimensions.

Resident Sign Guy

CB
    Spectator

Thanks for the details and the quick response on the dimensions Moze!

(No black line redactions either!)

(I’ll get over the stealth van eventually, but it will take a while)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.359 seconds