dcsimg

New walkway/steps

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Can’t be worse then sanding drywall, can it?

It can and is worse…. sanding mud doesn’t even make my list. Carrying bags of pre-mix concrete and hand mixing is right up there with shoveling snow on my list.
    On another note, I don’t know if using salt on your new pads is a good idea. Being they are “fresh” you could risk spalling…. and salt will burn your dogs paws.

redwood
    Pro

It can and is worse…. sanding mud doesn’t even make my list. Carrying bags of pre-mix concrete and hand mixing is right up there with shoveling snow on my list.
    On another note, I don’t know if using salt on your new pads is a good idea. Being they are “fresh” you could risk spalling…. and salt will burn your dogs paws.

Well I already had to carry those premixed bags of concrete up to the top and mix them. But I do have a mixer, which makes that part a piece of cake.

I don’t plan to use salt anywhere. But I’m new to all this.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I already had to carry those premixed bags of concrete up to the top and mix them. But I do have a mixer, which makes that part a piece of cake.

I don’t plan to use salt anywhere. But I’m new to all this.

You need a pulley system for that hill @redwood as far as the salt situation, I know around here, these guys that install the pavers or the concrete squares always tell the customers don’t throw regular ice salt on them, but use a calcium chloride based salt. Just don’t let Tanner lick at it though.

redwood
    Pro

well I guess I should pretty much finish this thread. I added cheap low voltage path lights. I still have to bury the line, but it was pretty darn cold out today. I don’t see how you folks work in freezing weather.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Turned out really nice Mark. What’s up with that white stuff? Looks cold to me. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

well I guess I should pretty much finish this thread. I added cheap low voltage path lights. I still have to bury the line, but it was pretty darn cold out today. I don’t see how you folks work in freezing weather.

Heck that looks great RW. I love the hand rail. In the Diamond Head hillside there are a lot of cotton bushes and we get that cotton all over the ground there like you have going.

Doobie

What! No Bosch jacket on your coathook! Shame Mark.

Nice lookin’ job Mark. Are you happy with it? That’s all that counts!

Thanks for sharing your project. What’s up next on your to-do list?

redwood
    Pro

A neighbor is trying to commission me to build a Lego table. You know, for about $25. I’ll probably do it.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Doobie

A neighbor is trying to commission me to build a Lego table. You know, for about $25. I’ll probably do it.

A Lego table. What the heck is that?

redwood
    Pro

What they don’t have Lego building blocks in Canada? That’s a shame.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Doobie

What they don’t have Lego building blocks in Canada? That’s a shame.

I was just surprised it was what it was. Thought it some kind of nomenclature for something else.

I guess that’s the niceties you get in retirement Mark. The build requests get notched down somewhat. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, it’s a plus. Would you not agree?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I added cheap low voltage path lights.

All in all the project came out pretty good Mark.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@redwood thanks for the update Mark, it turned out great, nice little addition with the path lights.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@redwood
    Great job on the walkway.
    You need to move north of the border. LOL No freezing temps OR snow here, YET. 😉

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

this i gotta see, do you make the whole table including the legs with lego? that would take quite a few legos to complete.

redwood
    Pro

this i gotta see, do you make the whole table including the legs with lego? that would take quite a few legos to complete.

Well, I can see how you could get that impression. No, it will be a wooden table in which to build Lego projects on. Probably some storage underneath for the Legos.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Anonymous
    Inactive

@redwood Bet you’re glad you’re finished, and feeling proud. Looks great, and the lights add a nice touch.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Nice job Mark ! I also thought you was building the table out of Legos.
    My grandson is into them big time.

redwood
    Pro

Bet you’re glad you’re finished, and feeling proud. Looks great, and the lights add a nice touch.

Glad I’m finished, yes. Proud, not as much. I know I could have done better. But they do accomplish what I set out to do. It’s a much better walkway then what was there originally. The lights do light it up just fine at night

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

redwood
    Pro

Where did my walkway go?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.576 seconds