dcsimg

New walkway/steps

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

@redwood
    You can add some calcium to your concrete to kick a bit faster on cold days.

Good looking project.

When I was a Nurse I did a lot of work with Type 2 diabetics and there feet. Have to watch very carefully for injuries and loss of sensation.

redwood
    Pro

You know why they have a top ski resort close to you Mark?
    Lots of snow! ha ha

I’m not that close. the ski resort is another 40 miles up the road. I wish that I could still ski, this location would have been near perfect. I skied there many times in my youth.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

redwood
    Pro

When I was a Nurse I did a lot of work with Type 2 diabetics and there feet. Have to watch very carefully for injuries and loss of sensation.

@Lakelover

I’m almost looking forward to loss of sensation, though I suppose that is not good. Right now, my feet hurt, mostly at night and in the morning, in various places, for no reason. It comes and goes and to different spots. Not complaining though, as they are fine for the most part during the day.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Anonymous
    Inactive

@redwood Whether you do a project or not, I’m loving the pics of your home. Beautiful surroundings!

Sorry to hear that you’re diabetic. Yes, please take care of your feet. My middle brother was a severe diabetic until this past year. His doc had him start mixing a “diabetic drink” at home that he drinks before meals to absorb the sugar, and he uses a lotion for his feet at night..it’s called “Sleep” by aromatherapy and takes the tingling/burning feeling out. His weight plunged, and his kidneys have become full function again. If you’re interested in the recipe for the drink, just let me know.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That sounds interesting Tara . Last time I went to the doctor they said I was borderline diabetic. Sometimes I get sharp pains in my feet but don’t last to long. Blood pressure was out of sight and they gave me some meds that almost took me out. Biggest thing I have done is eat celery which is a natural diuretic . It really helped and brought blood pressure down.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That sounds interesting Tara . Last time I went to the doctor they said I was borderline diabetic. Sometimes I get sharp pains in my feet but don’t last to long. Blood pressure was out of sight and they gave me some meds that almost took me out. Biggest thing I have done is eat celery which is a natural diuretic . It really helped and brought blood pressure down.

@roninohio sorry such a delay in getting a post back to you. I’ve ran myself silly this evening. I do indeed hope that you’re doing better. Alot of raw veggies do have so many nutrients that can really fight a number of diseases. My brother swears by both this lotion and this drink. His feet had got to purple stage, and stayed swollen all the time. if feet can be cute, then he has cute feet again, and like I said in the previous post his weight has dropped, and he feels like a different person now. I gave the recipe to @redwood, and if you’re interested, I would be more than happy to do the same for you. It’s a mixture that really absorbs the sugar before it gets into your bloodstream. I probably should have drank it myself on Halloween. 🙂 I don’t even know how many kitkats, reese cups and butterfingers I gorged myself on. Couldn’t let it go to waste right? 🙂

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Diabetes is nothing to mess around with. My older brother has had several toes amputated, was on dialysis, and had a kidney transplant. The paramedics know him by name. He has had it since he was a teenager, and is a very severe case.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hate to hear that @Warren6810. How is he doing now? Does he get to have any good quality of life?

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Hate to hear that @Warren6810. How is he doing now? Does he get to have any good quality of life?

He never complains. He worked construction until about 10 years ago.Works in an office now doing drafting. He has ups and downs. I think he takes about 4 doses of insulin per day, and has to check his sugar before each dose.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Warren6810 Poor man, but that’s more than admirable of him. Most people would’ve gave up by now. The mention of kidney transplant would be overwhelming. Hope he continues to be able to do his job, and what he enjoys. Strong minded men must run in the family.

Diabetes does not seem to have the medical research focus like cancer, ALS, MD, and others. I believe it affects tons more folks that any of the others. Sorry to hear the challenges mentioned above the loved ones have had to face. I sure wish they would find a permanent fix for people with this disease.

redwood
    Pro

OK, I promised a few more pics of my poor man’s walkway. Weather and age have slowed me down. More snow expected Tues. and Wed., then again next weekend.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, I promised a few more pics of my poor man’s walkway. Weather and age have slowed me down. More snow expected Tues. and Wed., then again next weekend.

@redwood that’s the kind of poor man’s walkway that makes it on Pinterest or Houzz 🙂 Looks great! I love that look.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Looks like Tanner Likes the new walkway. Is he a good helper? It appears he is good company always with you. Sorry I am a dog lover.
    The walk is coming along good. Are you making the stones one at a time or several at a time? My dad made similar and put them on his front porch to hide the bad cement. They have been there 3 years and still doing good. Looks like the snow is letting you work for a bit.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It’s coming out nice. I like the stairs.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Looks like your making good progress despite the weather Mark. I do like the way it is turning out.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

redwood
    Pro

Looks like Tanner Likes the new walkway. Is he a good helper? It appears he is good company always with you. Sorry I am a dog lover.
    The walk is coming along good. Are you making the stones one at a time or several at a time? My dad made similar and put them on his front porch to hide the bad cement. They have been there 3 years and still doing good. Looks like the snow is letting you work for a bit.

For the most part Tanner has stayed out of the way, but close. He stepped in one of the early squares before it was stamped and nicked another wet one that had been stamped. When I start digging at the stairs, he is right there digging with me.

I only have 2 of the forms, so that limits me a bit. I know, I can make my own, but these work well and are lightweight and easy to pull up. They also have little stakes formed into the bottom, so they don’t move around. On a good day, I have done 6 squares. Stairs are much slower, as I have to dig them out and I need room to do my thing.

that’s the kind of poor man’s walkway that makes it on Pinterest or Houzz Looks great! I love that look.

Well I’m glad you like it, but I doubt it’s going to win any awards. It’s certainly better then those small round stepping stones that were spaced like over 2′ O.C..

I’m bordering it with native rocks that are just lying all over the place and infilling between the squares with rock that someone before me brought in and spread all over the place.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Mark, the walkway/steps are coming along. Snow?? and Americans always talk about us up here in Ontario. LOL Haven’t seen a flake yet in my area.

Some advice Mark, take it with a grain of salt.
    Guess you need to make the walkway as smooth as possible, it’s a pain to shovel one that isn’t. 😉

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

it’s a pain to shovel one that isn’t.

Shoveling any snow is a pain… and the older you get, the bigger the pain. For the record, shoveling steps tops my list of all time non-favorite things that have to be done.

redwood
    Pro

it’s a pain to shovel one that isn’t.

Shoveling any snow is a pain… and the older you get, the bigger the pain. For the record, shoveling steps tops my list of all time non-favorite things that have to be done.

Can’t be worse then sanding drywall, can it?

Guess you need to make the walkway as smooth as possible, it’s a pain to shovel one that isn’t.

Unfortunately, I like salt. This can’t be any worse to shovel then what was there before. All the squares are pretty much in plane with each other. I figured the texture might help with traction.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.718 seconds