dcsimg

New tool

This topic contains 28 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Skillman 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

I have one I purchased a few months ago. I have been using it for cutting 1/4″ thick walled steel tubing in 2×2 and 2×3 sizes. It has been great! Yes, it’s loud, but no sparks! Chip collector works really well and can sweep up the small amount it does not catch. It is so much faster than using a bandsaw and angle grinder to cut steel. It enables me to cut nice straight cuts as well as angles. I clamp a sped square too the steel tube to use as a guide. Goes thru 1/4′ plate steel easily. I have been very happy with it so far.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have the Skill and the Fein version of that saw. I use my Skill quite a bit, more than I thought I would. I seem to use it at least once a week for miscellaneous things around the shop. Sometimes more. I have cut up to 1/2″ plate with mine without issue.

Most recently I cut some 4 x 1 1/2″ channel. It cut the material well. There is a review of the Skill version I have on the home page.

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

As long as you go slow it will cut the full dept of the blade, which around that 2″s.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

As long as you go slow it will cut the full dept of the blade, which around that 2″s.

Thanks for the tip . Will try not crowd it

My name is Gerald Taylor of Taylor made granite furnishings LLC . .

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

I always wear ear plugs thanks

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Yes skill man . Its a spare my son lets me use . It’s a Lincoln 300 . It doesn’t make me a great welder but helps .

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Thanks for the tip . Will try not crowd it

<a href=”http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/new-tool-

2/#post-578565″>Doobie wrote:

How is that saw comparable to the Bosch metal cutting saw?
    Will let you know .how it performs . Will be cutting some aluminum sheet also .

Hers a photo open box

thats a good looking saw, congrats – let us know how it performs.

Nice saw, I only do a little bit of metal so that is in the toy / wish list category for me – let us know how it goes 🙂

Will

Yes skill man . Its a spare my son lets me use . It’s a Lincoln 300 . It doesn’t make me a great welder but helps .

Cool deal . It’s something I would like to get into more is light steel projects nothin structural thow .

Always willing to learn .

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.520 seconds