dcsimg

New storage solution for your Kreg stuff

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

For $40 I’ll stick with my L-Boxx 2 Kreg setup.

Which jig do you have? I couldn’t squeeze my K5 into an L2..had to get the L3 for it.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I love my Kreg SYSTEM! If you do face frames you will never do it any other way. They make a very strong joint and you don’t have to clamp things up. I have also used them on larger picture frames to join the miters. I just keep mine in a drawer on my bench.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

I haven’t taken a good look at the new case yet, but I liked the cantilever organizer they had… The Kreg Crate I think it was called. You could fit something close to 1000 screws in it, plus there was room to spare for a K4 and several clamps.
    But I’m biased because I have four of those same organizers already.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

Man, that is so close to being an LST-92 OD drawer… why couldn’t they have simply partnered for the offering…

It does provide a great example for imitation though – great find!

John S

Its not big enough for my kreg setup . I have to many clamps and screws of different types .

Always willing to learn .

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Its not big enough for my kreg setup . I have to many clamps and screws of different types .

I tight it could be modeled and made to fix an L-box since many of us use them. I’ve seen another version of the Kreg storage box…looks like a cheap tackle box, IMO.

Jon P.
    Instagram

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I used the kreg jig even i was making some cupboards in my garage and found the strength was enough and was happy with the finished product.

ahh yes I remember this cupboard, I don’t remember how did you have it fastened to the wall? I was thinking of doing the samething but somehow I think you had some wood studs already there right?

I love my Kreg SYSTEM! If you do face frames you will never do it any other way. They make a very strong joint and you don’t have to clamp things up. I have also used them on larger picture frames to join the miters. I just keep mine in a drawer on my bench.

I keep everything but the K5 itself in the L2. The K5 is attached to some plywood to keep it from sliding around and wouldn’t fit in an L3 anyway.

Attachments:

I keep everything but the K5 itself in the L2. The K5 is attached to some plywood to keep it from sliding around and wouldn’t fit in an L3 anyway.

I didn’t bother to attach the K5 to anything – I never had it move on me. I do admit I have not used it very much at all though….

Does the plywood give any other advantage? It has a thin enough profile that I could probably hang a plywood-mounted one from a wall easily enough, or make a rail/rack right under my benchtop for it to slide into upside-down

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

quick pole. How many have the kreg jig ??

@jaydee

I have two. Mini and K5.

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

I have the old K4. I was just trying to figure out which box it will fit in. I’ll only be storing a few different screw types in it as I don’t use it for much variety.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I have the mini and the K5. I also have the domino and like them both for different reasons. I keep mine in an L3 and the screws in a dewalt case.

Sortimo needs to make an L2A boxx with a clear lid.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

quick pole. How many have the kreg jig ??

I also have the K5 and the mini.

I didn’t bother to attach the K5 to anything – I never had it move on me. I do admit I have not used it very much at all though….

Does the plywood give any other advantage? It has a thin enough profile that I could probably hang a plywood-mounted one from a wall easily enough, or make a rail/rack right under my benchtop for it to slide into upside-down

The plywood just keeps the extensions set firmly with the main block. They are joined with dovetails and can move against one another unless they are screwed down. It’s not totally necessary, but it does keep things aligned very well.

I tend to transport mine to the job site, so a 30×10″ chunk of plywood isn’t the best solution for me. Personally, I need the ability to disassemble the jig.

Jon P.
    Instagram

I forget where, but we had a link to an all-plastic insert with 8 slots for screws that fits in an L-boxx 2, but it is not the same as having colored bins.

John S

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

I’ve got the R3, the Mini, and the K4….I’ve never used the Mini.
    The K4 stays in it’s case, the R3 stays in my trim kit (and gets a surprising amount of use, comparatively), and the screws are in a simple Husky clear top screw organizer.
    I’ve only got three of the clamps and they all live in my trim kit as well.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Good idea Brad. I would be helpful.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I want to sell my k4 and buy the k5, i’ve always ended up pinching my hand or finger on the k4 lol.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I have a K4 kit that I picked up a while back. It works really well, nice little setup. I would like the K5 too, just can’t justify replacing something that still works well.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Not sure if it was mentioned… But those Kreg Crates are the same product as the Husky (HD), and Keter cantilever organizers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.484 seconds