dcsimg

New storage solution for your Kreg stuff

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I just got a email from Kreg about a new storage box for their jig, clamps ect. I was really hoping it would be an L-Boxx, but unfortunately, its not.

It does however hold tons of stuff and might be a good solution for anyone who has a bunch of clamps and boxes of screws lying around.

Build quality looks decent, but still less than an L-Boxx.

https://www.kregtool.com/store/c22/kreg-jigreg-accessories/p363/system-organizer/?source=1677

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Looks like an OK box they came up with Jon. Would have been nice if they could have put a drawer or two on the bottom of it for fasteners.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

https://www.kregtool.com/store/c22/kreg-jigreg-accessories/p363/system-organizer/?source=1677

I might use that as inspiration to set up an LBoxx. My K5 is still kept in its cardboard box, and the screws are all just in the small boxes on a shelf. Not a great solution

I really need to use my Kreg more often. It would probably save me a lot of unnecessary M&T joinery

Doobie

What would be smart on their part would be to offer inserts for the various type of boxes in the market to fit their kit(s) rather thhan come 9ut with a different one on their own.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I might use that as inspiration to set up an LBoxx. My K5 is still kept in its cardboard box, and the screws are all just in the small boxes on a shelf. Not a great solution

I really need to use my Kreg more often. It would probably save me a lot of unnecessary M&T joinery

That’s really what I thought about it as well. It needs to fit into my L-Boxx setup, but the m needing some inspiration as to how to do that. Right now, all of my Kreg stuffns basically dumped into an L3. My screws are in a 1A.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Yes, it would be a good solution to hold all of your Kreg stuff including screws in an l-box. Although I would want the screws in a separate container that slips in and out. Someone have access to a 3D printer to create a custom insert? I would buy one.

Doobie

Someone have access to a 3D printer to create a custom insert? I would buy one.

You can custom make your own. They sell foams of such at Lee Valley and places like that.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Looks like a nice box, guess Kreg has been listening to their customers a little. For the price though, I think I will just work on putting the system in an l-boxx when I have some time. A 3D with a couple of 72 drawers would be the ticket I think to keep everything compatible.

Doobie

Looks like a nice box, guess Kreg has been listening to their customers a little. For the price though, I think I will just work on putting the system in an l-boxx when I have some time. A 3D with a couple of 72 drawers would be the ticket I think to keep everything compatible.

My Kreg kit, which I bought over ten years ago, came with one of those blow-mold cases. Never use it. I set up a permanent board with the Kreg stuff instead.

My Kreg kit, which I bought over ten years ago, came with one of those blow-mold cases. Never use it. I set up a permanent board with the Kreg stuff instead.

So I guess that means you use it quite a bit. What kind of projects get pocket holes for you? Is the strength good enough for a chair/bench and things like that?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

What would be smart on their part would be to offer inserts for the various type of boxes in the market to fit their kit(s) rather thhan come 9ut with a different one on their own.

that would be smart as I’ve never been able to get my whole kit and kaboodle back into the blow molded box. I just usually keep it on a shelf next to my workbench for easy access. Im hoping once I get the domino i’ll just put the kreg away for good.

Doobie

So I guess that means you use it quite a bit. What kind of projects get pocket holes for you? Is the strength good enough for a chair/bench and things like that?

I’ve rarely ever used it since I bought a Domino back in 2009. I mostly use it in non-woodworking applications for oddball reasons mostly in household reno situations.

I’ve rarely ever used it since I bought a Domino back in 2009. I mostly use it in non-woodworking applications for oddball reasons mostly in household reno situations.

I keep wanting a Domino, but the price keeps me away. I hope someone makes a cheaper alternative, since basic biscuits/plates just are not the same. I just don’t do enough to justify the insane price tag, and as a hobbyist, time is not money in the same way it is for a pro.

amulder
    Pro
    London, ON

I keep wanting a Domino, but the price keeps me away. I hope someone makes a cheaper alternative, since basic biscuits/plates just are not the same. I just don’t do enough to justify the insane price tag, and as a hobbyist, time is not money in the same way it is for a pro.

Try dowels in the meantime… not as quick as a domino, granted, but still pretty solid and no metal fasteners.

I have the dowelmax jig for dowels and it is awesome. Jessem makes another version which is not bad either.

…art

www.wordsnwood.com

That would be a great solution. The i-Boxx 72 bins can be used in the 72 drawers and as long as you don’t toss your 3D around it should stay in place. You could also use i-boxx72 which would allow you to carry the case around if needed.

I used the kreg jig even i was making some cupboards in my garage and found the strength was enough and was happy with the finished product.

For $40 I’ll stick with my L-Boxx 2 Kreg setup.

You can custom make your own. They sell foams of such at Lee Valley and places like that.

I have done that before. I would think the 3D material would be more durable than the foam and once the design was done, easier to produce in quantity.

Doobie

I’m not a pro, just a Toolaholic who likes fancy shmancy tools. It’s a hobby and if you’re making money at your hobby, it’s soon not a hobby any longer.

amulder
    Pro
    London, ON

I used the kreg jig even i was making some cupboards in my garage and found the strength was enough and was happy with the finished product.

Yup.

All those tool comparison videos and articles that I’ve come across that compare the relative strength of joinery never really address “what is strong enough”.

I use pocket holes and they’re plenty strong. I use dowels and lap joints and even the occasional biscuit.

no Domino yet.

www.wordsnwood.com

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.408 seconds