dcsimg

New Sponsor Test – GeeFix Wall Anchors

Tagged: 

Viewing 19 posts - 61 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

The hole is plugged.
    These fixings are meant for heavier items such as kitchen cupboards, radiators etc
    Regards
    Gary

@GeeFix,
    Welcome to BeThePro Gary.

I would use this for the towel rack in my main floor bath, as my kid uses it as a if it were a safety bar and puts all her weight on it. On day it will rip out of the wall with just the typical plugs in the wall.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

hi Jim sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
    Yes, they are easy to use, once you have installed one they are dead easy to fix.
    Best of all for heavier fittings they do the job.
    we have just launched them in the UK. They will be available in the US in the near future.
    Regards
    Gary

Welcome to BTP Gary, and thanks for bringing a neat new products out into the Market, I know I could have used them a couple of times. I will be looking forward to seeing them in Canada.
    Thanks.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I use the Togglers and unless I’m missing something, don’t see anything convincing enough to make me want to switch.

With the Togglers, there are less steps to install them. You drill a hole, push the metal part through, push the plastic filler piece into the hole, break off the excess, and you’re ready to go. It literally takes about 15 seconds or so.

The Togglers also require a smaller hole (1/2″ vs. 1″). That means less clean up and a smaller patch job if removed.

I don’t see a weight limit listed for the GeeFix, but the Togglers can hold up to 265 pounds in 1/2″ drywall.

Not saying the GeeFix product won’t work well, but I’m not seeing any advantages over the Togglers.

Resident Sign Guy

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I use the Togglers and unless I’m missing something, don’t see anything convincing enough to make me want to switch.

With the Togglers, there are less steps to install them. You drill a hole, push the metal part through, push the plastic filler piece into the hole, break off the excess, and you’re ready to go. It literally takes about 15 seconds or so.

The Togglers also require a smaller hole (1/2″ vs. 1″). That means less clean up and a smaller patch job if removed.

I don’t see a weight limit listed for the GeeFix, but the Togglers can hold up to 265 pounds in 1/2″ drywall.

Not saying the GeeFix product won’t work well, but I’m not seeing any advantages over the Togglers.

I had to google “Togglers”, have not heard of these fasteners before.
    Look simple to use, just watched a Tube video.

ThanX @Moze

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Moze
    Dallas, TX

They’re technically called ‘Snap Toggles’, but yeah, same concept but with less steps.

Resident Sign Guy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

but the Togglers can hold up to 265 pounds in 1/2″ drywall.

Man that is an impressive weight load for dry wall.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Those are impressive numbers. Still don’t think I could trust them to hold heavy items myself.

I do like the fact that they require a smaller hole. But at the same time they don’t spread the load over as large of an area. So technically might not hold as much weight?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Bingo!! This right here!! Cheap, easy to use, readily available, and a few sizes of fastener to choose from. That and if you want to remove the screw the toggle stays in place.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Those are impressive numbers. Still don’t think I could trust them to hold heavy items myself.

I do like the fact that they require a smaller hole. But at the same time they don’t spread the load over as large of an area. So technically might not hold as much weight?

There is only one way to try it out, who is up for testing it. Build a platform to test the failure point of the fixture.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

OK, after much delay, the GeeFix wall anchors are in. I only have 6 sets of 4. I know a number of you have asked to be a part of this and that was some time ago. I am assuming that the projects that you had in mind have probably been completed. So I want to ask for 3 good projects to use these on and I will send out 2 – 4 packs each for the test.

Just send me an email to @bethepro.com">bethepro@bethepro.com with the subject line “I need GeeFix” and we will select the 3 projects that will put these anchors to the test. It doesn’t have to be a project, it can simply be seeing how much stress these things can take (must be able to objectively measure) and replicating the claims they make in their own videos. The goal here is to see if they can be called “BTP Tested & Approved”. We want to make sure that they are going to be a quality sponsor.

Of course those who are willing to document the project in video will be given priority. I will also need at least 200 words from you.

Looking forward to this being a fun little project.

Jim

Attachments:

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Doobie

I assume these same rules/parameters apply Jim?

In order to be considered you MUST:
    1) be a professional contractor
    2) have a need to anchor on your next job
    3) be able to write up a short 250 word review
    4) provide a few images or a video on your own tests

What you will receive.
    – a free pack of GeeFix anchors to use as you see fit
    – 20,000 points

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Jim nice to see you finally got some GeeFix Anchors to test. Looking forward to seeing the tests on these. Looks like a different approach to anchoring stuff to drywall.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I can’t wait to see some video by our guys on this, i want to see some testing as well. Too bad they don’t sell these in Canada, hey @bethepro any chance of being able to pick up a few so I can buy it and use it?

Russ
    Pro

Has anyone used the Geefix wall anchor on lathe and plaster walls?

Doobie

Welcome to the forum Russ! 🙂

I haven’t tried their product myself, but according to their UK website, yes you can use them for that.

https://www.geefix.com/shop/geefix-plaster-board-fixings/

@Russ

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I have, they work well in plaster and lathe. Just be careful not to blow out the lathe when drilling the hole.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Kev
    Pro

Hi guys -I can second that. They work well in lathe and plaster. This guy provides an awesome overview of the anchors, worth checking out for sure:

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The view of the back was very helpful. It seems to be a very strong hold going on there. I’ll have to put some in my anchor kit.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes very interesting video showing how they work. Thank you for posting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 19 posts - 61 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.006 seconds