dcsimg

New Sponsor Test – GeeFix Wall Anchors

Tagged: 

This topic contains 78 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Doobie

I like the concept of them , im not sure I would be comfortable hanging a $ 5,000.00 tv with them but for most things yes .

I’d question hanging anything heavy with them. Especially some of today’s high end TV’s.

I’m thinking the same. Just seems better to be into studs for anything super heavy or precious hung from a wall.

How many times do they sometimes ‘forget’ to properly nail/screw on the drywall? That happens. How this device could be the catalyst of a large panel tear off is also one of the potential risks.

I’d like to see a comparison strength test against a fastener that is in a stud. For sure the stud fastened fastener would hold up better, but how close is this contraption to it in load capability?

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Thats about what I though Jim. As you previously mentioned here, BTP is the 2nd largest construction related site online…so I can see how companies would want to take advantage of the volume of members.

Thanks for keeping a top notch site up and running! We appreciate your efforts!

Not the 2nd largest, but the 2nd most active of the 30 or so we survey monthly. Most are much larger than we are, but then again they don’t have the type of active membership that we do.

As to top notch, thanks. The Construction Marketing Association named BeThePro their SuperStar Online Community for Contractors and Construction Pros. You can read more about it here: http://www.cmastarawards.com/ I will have a much larger post about soon.

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Construction Marketing Association named BeThePro their SuperStar Online Community for Contractors and Construction Pros.

Wow that is really nice. Hopefully the publicity will result in more guys signing up and being active.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

As to top notch, thanks. The Construction Marketing Association named BeThePro their SuperStar Online Community for Contractors and Construction Pros. You can read more about it here: http://www.cmastarawards.com/ I will have a much larger post about soon.

That’s great, looking forward to reading about your future posts.

GeeFix
    Pro

hi Jim sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
    Yes, they are easy to use, once you have installed one they are dead easy to fix.
    Best of all for heavier fittings they do the job.
    we have just launched them in the UK. They will be available in the US in the near future.
    Regards
    Gary

GeeFix
    Pro

The backplate is 12cm long and 2cm wide to give you an idea of the size.
    Regards
    Gary

GeeFix
    Pro

Yes, the fixing stays in place. If you remove the shelf or whatever then the fixing stays in place and can be used again which is always a good idea.
    Regards
    Gary

hi Jim sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
    Yes, they are easy to use, once you have installed one they are dead easy to fix.
    Best of all for heavier fittings they do the job.
    we have just launched them in the UK. They will be available in the US in the near future.
    Regards
    Gary

Hi Gary, welcome to the forum and thank you for your responses. Definitely think this product would be worth a try.

GeeFix
    Pro

It may seem a bit deceptive in the video but we have tested these in our workshop with 4 fixings in the cavity and not the stud and have still been able to do lift ups on the bracket.
    Regards
    Gary

GeeFix
    Pro

Worth a try. You need a 25mm hole to get the backplate into the cavity. This allows you to insert the packplate into a cavity of only 30mm depth.
    Regards
    Gary

GeeFix
    Pro

The hole is plugged.
    These fixings are meant for heavier items such as kitchen cupboards, radiators etc
    Regards
    Gary

GeeFix
    Pro

That’s right. the secret is the area of the backplate
    Regardsgary

GeeFix
    Pro

No big repair job afterwards. The plug covers the hole you have drilled to insert the backplate.
    Regards
    Gary

GeeFix
    Pro

The backplate is 120mm long. The plug is 25mm in diameter.
    it is designed to carry heavier loads such as radiators.
    Regards
    Gary

GeeFix
    Pro

25mm is roughly 1 inch. It’s not big at all. Most of the larger items you fix should be no problem at all.
    Regards
    Gary

GeeFix
    Pro

They are available in the UK on ebay.
    They will be available in USA sometime in the new year
    Regards
    Gary

GeeFix
    Pro

At the moment they are available on Ebay UK
    They should be available in the USA sometime in the new year
    Regards
    Gary

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Regards
    Gary

Gary Thank you for the update. Will be on the lookout for the US launch.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It looks like a very strong hold. I’m excited to try it.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Regards
    Gary

welcome to BethePro, do you happen to have a timeline for entry into the Canadian market?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.407 seconds