dcsimg

New Sponsor Test – GeeFix Wall Anchors

Tagged: 

This topic contains 78 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • Author

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

At the 25 second mark of the video, they start with a spade bit but on the back side it doesn’t look like a spade bit breaking through the drywall. Looks like a hole saw.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

doesn’t matter as I just looked to see where I can get them in Canada and nothing shows up on google. So right now I guess they are only available in the states.

That’s not cool…about 1/2 of the BTP members are from Canada!

had no clue that there are so many.
    but its great to see another sponsor on here.
    lets see who will get those free products to review them.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

I wonder how friendly it is to not piercing vapour barriers versus other methods that almost always bust thru them on insulated exterior walls.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

doesn’t matter as I just looked to see where I can get them in Canada and nothing shows up on google. So right now I guess they are only available in the states.

i was willing to go to home depot to buy a few to test them out.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

i was willing to go to home depot to buy a few to test them out.

i have not seen them at the homedepot store or on their homepage.
    but as soon as they are. i’ll do the same

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

The nice thing about these is you can use them more than once, Unlike a toggle bolt. You undo it and ya lose it, Imagine how many of those are laying in the bottom of walls LOL

I have to agree and I think that goes to the point of the size of the hole also. When I bought my house the people before had used some heavy duty wall anchors for pictures and other things and it worked out perfectly as it was the normal spot you would hang stuff. I had no holes to patch and was able to use the exsiting wall anchors.

I think these are meant to be for more permanent applications.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

@

I have invited them. They may just send me responses to the questions and I will post it. As I said, we are evaluating them. As for CA folks, I will make sure to find out if they have distribution for them in CA.

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@

I have invited them. They may just send me responses to the questions and I will post it. As I said, we are evaluating them. As for CA folks, I will make sure to find out if they have distribution for them in CA.

Jim

Thanks for the update Jim! New products are always great, but if our Northern friends can’t take advantage, that would be a bummer.

@bethepro Just for sake of my own curiosity, how often does BTP get solicited by companies to be sponsors? Does BTP actively seek out new sponsors?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

@bethepro Just for sake of my own curiosity, how often does BTP get solicited by companies to be sponsors? Does BTP actively seek out new sponsors?

We get several requests a month, but usually we turn them down as they do not understand the nature of what we are doing here. We do not actively seek out sponsors generally, but do from time to time reach out to companies that we feel could add to the discussion.

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I wonder how friendly it is to not piercing vapour barriers versus other methods that almost always bust thru them on insulated exterior walls.

Great point Doobie, Guess you would break the barrier as soon as the drill breaks through the back side of the drywall. No matter what type of drill is used.

Jim,
    Thanks for the reply.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well after watching the video they look interesting. I’ll be on the lookout for them at my local big box stores.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I like the concept of them , im not sure I would be comfortable hanging a $ 5,000.00 tv with them but for most things yes .

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I like the concept of them , im not sure I would be comfortable hanging a $ 5,000.00 tv with them but for most things yes .

I’d question hanging anything heavy with them. Especially some of today’s high end TV’s.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

We get several requests a month, but usually we turn them down as they do not understand the nature of what we are doing here. We do not actively seek out sponsors generally, but do from time to time reach out to companies that we feel could add to the discussion.

Thats about what I though Jim. As you previously mentioned here, BTP is the 2nd largest construction related site online…so I can see how companies would want to take advantage of the volume of members.

Thanks for keeping a top notch site up and running! We appreciate your efforts!

Jon P.
    Instagram

yellaD
    Pro

What’s that in English?? 1 inch??

Right on the money, Dirty.

I would almost have to say that the initial install kit should come with the proper sized hols saw, just so that the installer isn’t using an incorrect size and has issues with the plug fitting. I can see that happening.

I wonder how it would do on an older home with a double layer of plaster wall with only a 1″ space behind it? I still have a couple of original exterior walls that are original.
    @bethepro, Jim will the sponsor be chiming in to answer a few questions?

NAINA is bad,
    NAIC is worse.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like the idea. It looks like they would be very strong for a towel bar or even a cabinet to a knee wall. The last kitchen I installed i had to use a toggle bolt and it was a pain in the butt!!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’d question hanging anything heavy with them. Especially some of today’s high end TV’s.

Be interested in a weight test for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Luckily I hung my tv with Tapcons in solid concrete.

A Working Pro since 2004

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The last kitchen I installed i had to use a toggle bolt and it was a pain in the butt!!

I hate those things! I can’t even imagine trying to hang a cabinet with them…

Jon P.
    Instagram

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’d question it if it was on one of those but when you have 4 the weight is evenly distributed. However if the drywall ever got wet, I wonder how easy for it to get pulled out would be.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.449 seconds