dcsimg

New skilsaw metal cutting saws

Viewing 16 posts - 101 through 116 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

congrats on the saw Alex, will you be starting the trailer build soon, should help out with all the cutting,

I gonna talk to him tonight over some BBQ and a few beer about that project.
    Not sure if he ordered the kit yet or not.

Arn’t most kits just bolt together?

That’s so the assembler doesn’t need any specialty tools.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The saw was packed up nice and sturdy in the box.

The Boxxing looks fantastic!!

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

congrats on the saw Alex, will you be starting the trailer build soon, should help out with all the cutting,

I gonna talk to him tonight over some BBQ and a few beer about that project.
    Not sure if he ordered the kit yet or not.

Arn’t most kits just bolt together?

thats what included in the trailer kits:
    trailer axle(s), leaf springs, u-bolt kits, hanger kits, fenders, fender backs, light kits, wheels and tires mounted, jacks, couplers, wiring, and safety chains.
    It does not include:
    “The steel, wood, and frame and the know how to complete your custom built trailer” – text from the supplier

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

I received my 14inch Skilsaw today as well. I will post a review in the next few days.. Anything anyone wants me to test cutting?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@madman_us well make sure you film some of the build, i haven’t seen a kit like this put together.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@madman_us well make sure you film some of the build, i haven’t seen a kit like this put together.

Well, when building a trailer you have to buy the axles, wheels tires, coupler, suspension parts etc. Ya just can’t build all that stuff lol, Although the fenders can be built but when I built my trailer I found it easier to just buy them.

BTW, A cut off saw is nice for cutting the overall lengths of the frame but that’s it, To do it right ya need to notch the ends to fit into each other at the joints. Even with channel material, It’ll give more welding surface. All that has to be done by hand with a hack saw, recip saw or a torch if yer surgical with it…Of course square tubing can be butted together

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well, when building a trailer you have to buy the axles, wheels tires, coupler, suspension parts etc. Ya just can’t build all that stuff lol, Although the fenders can be built but when I built my trailer I found it easier to just buy them.

BTW, A cut off saw is nice for cutting the overall lengths of the frame but that’s it, To do it right ya need to notch the ends to fit into each other at the joints. Even with channel material, It’ll give more welding surface. All that has to be done by hand with a hack saw, recip saw or a torch if yer surgical with it…Of course square tubing can be butted together

Did you build that????

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did you build that????

Yep, in 2001 and it’s still holding up great. Just used it again yesterday to haul my golf cart to camp and my 4 wheeler back to the lake, bout 220 miles total

Did you build that????

Yep, in 2001 and it’s still holding up great. Just used it again yesterday to haul my golf cart to camp and my 4 wheeler back to the lake, bout 220 miles total

From what I see, it looks pretty solid, good info on the build and tools needed

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

that looks awesome and sturdy, eventually i’ll want to build one.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Did you build that????

Is there a thread on that build

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The new metal cutting saws would be perfect for building a trailer.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

How can you tell which is the best broker from the list on this site?
    https://bestcircularsawreviews.com/best-pole-saw/

Doobie

How can you tell which is the best broker from the list on this site?
    https://bestcircularsawreviews.com/best-pole-saw/

Hey Randy, here’s a new forum member for you to cajole with. Racheal seems so sweet too. Just wants to be a good forum member posting her links to some glorious reviews.

@dirtywhiteboy

Enjoy buddy!

How do you choose the best choose the best product among the ones listed here?
    https://onlychainsaw.com/best-chainsaw-chain/

CB
    Spectator

How do you choose the best choose the best product among the ones listed here?
    https://onlychainsaw.com/best-chainsaw-chain/

How to “choose the best choose the best product”?

That’s easy.

Firstly, using brains.

Brains say… based on the syntax, grammar, subject matter, and similarity of your questions… not to click on the links you have littered this forum with over the last two days with your six posts.

Secondly, using eyes.

Eyes look at forum threads on saws with some discernment, reading the nuances of the discussion that provide the all important context of the type of saw being discussed. This is actually a lot easier then the previous sentence makes it sound. For example, the title to this thread is called “Skilsaw Metal Cutting Saws”, not “chainsaws”.

Thirdly, using experience.

Experience knows not to use a chainsaw to cut metal.

There are a vast number of other useful techniques to help one choose too, none of which involve web traffic farming.

Viewing 16 posts - 101 through 116 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.272 seconds