dcsimg

New skilsaw metal cutting saws

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I saw the post on the front page of the btp site talking about the 3 new metal cutting saws from skilsaw. I was just wondering if anyone mentioned them anywhere on the forum here yet? I just sent my email away, I’m hoping I’ll get picked for testing one.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i wanted to see the concrete saw as i have a project coming up that could use it. As for metal, i’d like to see everyones reviews on it, i generally cut most of my stock with my metal bandsaw.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I saw they had a new metal cutting saw but a concrete saw too?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We have a Dewalt chop saw with an abrasive blade and a Fein circular saw for metal. I would be very interested in trying the 12″ dry cut saw. from what I understand, they are a much faster cut than the abrasive blade, but the blades are significantly more expensive. What we found out with the Metal cutting circular saw was that your material needs to be held extremely solid or the vibration will eat up the blades. I would guess it is the same for the chop saw version.

I also use my portable band saw a fair bit also.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I would be very interested in trying the 12″ dry cut saw.

That’s the one that I was hoping to try out too. I figure that I could use it a lot at work for cutting unistrut and threaded rods.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I would go with the 18V metal cutting circular saw for that. Much more portable and you can use it in a lift. that is what most of the electricians that work for us carry. Plenty of power for strut and even rebar. They use it on conduit also. I would think that you would find a big saw bulky for those items.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I talked to SKILSAW yesterday and I am reviewing the dry cut saw.
    The saw will be here in 5-7 days

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I would go with the 18V metal cutting circular saw for that. Much more portable and you can use it in a lift. that is what most of the electricians that work for us carry. Plenty of power for strut and even rebar. They use it on conduit also. I would think that you would find a big saw bulky for those items.

I usually use a portable bandsaw for when I’m moving around. I was thinking this could be set up as a stationary saw for when we need to cut a whole bunch at the same time. Also it could be used to cut pipe and other things.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Those saws look great. I have used one cold cut saw once and it cuts steel like butter. If I used metal at all I would’ve been all for testing it out.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

What would be the difference of using a regular circular saw with a metal blade . That is all I have ever used .

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

What would be the difference of using a regular circular saw with a metal blade . That is all I have ever used .

I think the difference would be added spark protection and more metal in the body of the saw.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I think the difference would be added spark protection and more metal in the body of the saw.

Motor is better protected also from the fine metal particles.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Sweet, I think I might have been selected as well, I’ve been told to expect some contact from skilsaw today.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

“and they also have a concrete fiber sidewinder 7 -1/4 in that weighs in at only 9 lbs). ”

thats what they said but i didn’t see anything about it in the rest of the article.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Sweet, I think I might have been selected as well, I’ve been told to expect some contact from skilsaw today.

grats to you Kyle 😛
    which one did you pick?

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

grats to you Kyle 😛
    which one did you pick?

I also picked the 12 inch dry cut, hopefully that’s what they send. Still waiting for confirmation from skilsaw.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

grats to you Kyle 😛
    which one did you pick?

I also picked the 12 inch dry cut, hopefully that’s what they send. Still waiting for confirmation from skilsaw.

good choice!
    I send them yesterday the paperwork and skilsaw told me how long it will take to ship it out.
    but no confirmation about shipping yet…would have been awesome before the memorial weekend

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

“and they also have a concrete fiber sidewinder 7 -1/4 in that weighs in at only 9 lbs). ”

thats what they said but i didn’t see anything about it in the rest of the article.

I have the concrete fiber sidewinder, I posted it up in the “I got a box” thread a few weeks ago. Nice saw.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I have the concrete fiber sidewinder, I posted it up in the “I got a box” thread a few weeks ago. Nice saw.

Did you already make the review about that saw or have I missed it somehow?!

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Did you already make the review about that saw or have I missed it somehow?!

if so i missed it too, i didn’t realize it was out yet, i wouldn’t mind seeing what it can do as i have a nice concrete project coming up i could use it on. Is it out for sale in stores?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.253 seconds