dcsimg

New Rolair

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Just saw this new smaller Rolair compressor. Looks very similar to the baby Senco we have. Our Senco is starting to die so this could be it’s new repalcement. I have heard really good things about the Rolair compressors.

http://www.toolnut.com/Rolair_AB5_Air_Buddy_Super_Quiet_Compressor_p/ab5.htm

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I guess if the JC10 is too big this is a good choice?

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Seems like a punch list trimmer. I can’t see framing or roofing with it.

As far as brand……. The tanks & pump is shot now but I had a 714k I think……. gasser I used daily for about 15 yrs it was a work horse.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Seems like a punch list trimmer. I can’t see framing or roofing with it.

As far as brand……. The tanks & pump is shot now but I had a 714k I think……. gasser I used daily for about 15 yrs it was a work horse.

Not even a small closet frame or repair a couple shingles as it’s so small. But yea some punch list trim and it will rock out.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

my local senco dealer has that on display right inside the window.. tempted to get something like that for running trim, i find my twin tank hitachi is a pain to lug around for trim

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Oh definitely not for framing or roofing. We use our senco just for finish trim. Thats what I would use this for as well. We have 4 other compressors to choose from for the bigger needs.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I would love it for trim. A small 7.25 or 8.25 miter saw is on my list too.

Don’t know how the Bosch is here but the Makita is mucho dinero.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

I have heard really good things about the Rolair compressors.

I agree with you on that. Good brand.

The JC10 is an excellent compressor, so I don’t doubt that this new one will be quality as well. I am surprised that the specs show that it is louder than the JC10 if I am reading that right…

Still, it could be a good alternative to that small Senco 1010

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s a cute little thing and the price is right..I like it

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

That’s a cute little thing and the price is right..I like it

Cute? Lol

I am curious if this new rolair will fit inside a systainer/l-box like the Senco JC10 will…. If so, that would be a win-win situation for those modular box users who are considering a smaller compressor.

http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-and-tanos-systainers/senco-1010-in-a-sys-4-34424

John S

Attachments:

Anyone ever try just using one of those lightweight aluminum air tanks for trim work? Then just fill it off a larger compressor? It would be a fraction of the weight of even this small Rolair.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I am curious if this new rolair will fit inside a systainer/l-box like the Senco JC10 will…. If so, that would be a win-win situation for those modular box users who are considering a smaller compressor.

http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-and-tanos-systainers/senco-1010-in-a-sys-4-34424

I don’t see why I would put it in a box?

I don’t see why I would put it in a box?

To be more efficient on storage and transportation. But I’m with you… my compressor isn’t going in a box. I’ll never have one that small anyway cause we do more than just trim. The JC-10 is a perfect compressor for interior remodeling and we’ve got a larger one for the framing stage.

That looks pretty cool. I wonder what the cycle time is like in real-life? 68 decibels is not too loud.

Orange County, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like a compact unit with a good price.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.499 seconds