dcsimg

New Prize List Values

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Hi There,

Before anyone sends me an email, I hope you read this regarding changing the point values for tools and gear on the Prize List.

After discussions with the Sponsors it was apparent that the prize list needed to be adjusted in order to bring the values in line with costs.

The points have only been reset once (in a major way) since the site was brought into existence 7 years ago.

If you are having a difficult time with this change, we empathize with you. But if you are just here for the points (i.e. maxing out your point total daily, stopping posting for the day when you hit your point total even though you have more to add to a conversation, posting a bunch of short posts that add little to the knowledge base of the site, and several other “point hogging” type activities) then you probably don’t need to be here.

The wonderful thing about this community is that they are for the most part very respectful of the points system. The majority of members provide excellent content that really helps the community understand best practices that construction pro’s use to Be The Pro. The Sponsors see this too and this is why they have agreed to continue supporting the site.

Our goal is to continue to grow and expand by adding new qualified members. As membership grows so too does the financial burden of prize redemption and this is why we had to adjust the values.

We appreciate your understanding.

Cheers,

Jim
    Community Manager

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Kevin6
    Pro

This is a great community and we have designed it to be a helpful place for contractors. We have fought hard to support that mission and many of you have been great contributors to the cause. The moderators have done a great job and we have had to police the site to keep it the great place it is. One of the benefits has always been gaining points to earn prizes, we get that. But even with this change, it’s still the best prize value in the industry and we want to keep the content strong. We also still have a testers club for contractors that provides access to the latest tools as well.

So we look forward to continuing a healthy, friendly exchange of good construction practices – that true sense of community and thank you for your continued support.

We have held off on this for a while but decided this path vs. taking any pure ad dollars to keep the nature of the site this way. We don’t want spammers that you get on other sites, and this helps keep that clean.

As always, we look forward to your feedback and thanks for supporting this virtual jobsite since we founded back in 2009. You’ve helped it come a long way! Thanks for helping!

Kevin6
    Pro

By the way, if there are other sponsors you’d be interested in seeing participate, drop me an IM to discuss

redwood
    Pro

This is a great community and we have designed it to be a helpful place for contractors.

Ah, ha, the site is for contractors.

No worries, thanks for the site, BTP

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

What I learn here is worth more than the points I get.

Thanks BTP!

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

This is by far the best construction site on the net and you guys have been more than generous to us , Thank you BTP !

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

BTP is the best opportunity I have found to learn and to share information. Thanks Jim, Kevin and the sponsors for continuing to support the site and for keeping it a valuable resource.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Makes me wish I had not been hoarding points and used them. No wories, this site is a great value no matter what the values are on the rewards list. I enjoy posting about our projects and seeing others projects, dolling out the ocasional piece of advice and the general comadery of those on the site. Over the years many have come and gone, but there are still sone of the old faces and a lot of new ones.

Thanks to BTP and the sponsors for their support.

Still a bargain, getting paid in tools to learn about tools 🙂

Thanks BTP

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I know that for most of us the points are just an added bonus. I would be posting here even if the points and tool rewards did not exist – I believe many others share the sentiment.

Thanks BTP, Jim, Kevin, Bosch, and all the sponsors for a fantastic forum!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

woodman_412

I know that for most of us the points are just an added bonus. I would be posting here even if the points and tool rewards did not exist – I believe many others share the sentiment.

I agree Chad. BTP has always been an excellent community and a great place to learn and share. The value of what I’ve learned from you guys and what I’ve been able to share goes far beyond the points and tools. I think the sponsors have been very generous and continue to be so a big thanks again to Jim, Kevin, Bosch and all the sponsors for making such a great site possible!

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

its not surprising that point values have gone up but its also a truly amazing thing that the sponsers are doing by providing these prizes to everyone on the site.. there are other sites that have prizes and giveaways but they are just that occasional giveaways that are randomly drawn.

this is a great community, everyone brings their knowledge and experience to the table and is willing to share it.. although i am still waiting for @woodman_412 to provide some of those muffins that have been discussed here for so long… i first heard of them roughly 5 years ago now i guess lol

i do look forward to seeing where be the pro can go in another five years

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I also agree with you.

I find that I have a pathological need to discuss and learn about the trades and all things surrounding them. The points and free stuff are great, but I would be active on Some forum if they didn’t exist. BTP is a great place to be for many reasons aside from the points. We learn and share experiences here and the atmosphere is better than all of the other construction sites that I’ve been a part of.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Anonymous
    Inactive

It took me over 7 months to earn not quite 40,000 points, 😮 so I’m certainly not here just for the points, but I still think it is incredible that you can earn tools, just for posting on the site.

Because of that, I try to keep a good thing going. I stay away from the fluff threads, and try to post helpful information, in the hopes that when I do redeem for something, that sponsors feel that they have gotten something worthwhile in return.

It’s also nice to have a little reward for taking time out of your day to attempt to help another individual who is in the position we were in once, just starting out and looking for help. But I think if someone is here just to accumulate tools, they really shouldn’t be here.

In the last month, I’ve purchased a $700 Milwaukee roto-hammmer, a $200 grade rod, $500 worth of fall-arrest gear, a $200 pop up canopy, and another few hundred bucks in blades and incidentals, so anyone who is here for the shopping, probably isn’t legitimate anyway.

Just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Delta

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

For the short time that I have been on here I thought that the sponsors have been more than generous with the points vs cost and still do. Cant thank btp enough. Its a great community and I appreciate everything that everyone here does, sponsors, mods, and members. Love all of you guys

Doobie

Everybody has price increases. Why should it be any different here. Sounds like it was long overdue.

Thank you BTP, Jim, Kevin and all the mods for maintaining and making this site possible. I learn a lot here, and I hope I offer enough back in return for all I get from this forum in whatever form it is.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

thank you btp and jim, kevin and all the mods for keeping this place a great place to be. I learn alot here and hopefully can pass along my knowledge as well. The tools are just icing on the cake.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I have already learned a lot and have had a lot of questions answered. The folks are great too. The point system puts icing on the cake that I have really grown fond of.

Met some great folks in person too. Found a saw mill and bought some wood, which got me out of the house for a change. Can’t be a hermit all of the time.

Thanks to Jim, the mods, and all the sponsors for all of the above.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

No big deal in my opinion. I have been crazy busy are work for the last 18 months or so and have less time to post, but I still enjoy checking in and adding comments when I can. This is still one of the best sites out there and free tools is just an added bonus. I appreciate everything the moderators do, Jim – what you do and the sponsors. So thank you!

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Oh I agree with ChadM.

BTP has always been an excellent community and a great place to learn and share. The value of what I’ve learned from you guys and what I’ve been able to share goes far beyond the points and tools. I think the sponsors have been very generous and continue to be so a big thanks again to Jim, Kevin, Bosch and all the sponsors for making such a great site possible!

And with WoodMan412

although i am still waiting for @woodman_412 to provide some of those muffins that have been discussed here for so long… i first heard of them roughly 5 years ago now i guess lol

I too am waiting for my muffins as well!!

I find that I have a pathological need to discuss and learn about the trades and all things surrounding them.

Man you think you have a problem,, I have about 15,000 post across the street.

I stay away from the fluff threads,

Those threads were fine till they got fluffed to death.

No big deal in my opinion.

The worst part that I see is people will be less likely to give to the IWK to help Dan help the ill kids. Now the things he may need will be even harder to get. It’s a good thing he’s got so much already.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘New Prize List Values’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.814 seconds