dcsimg

New plasma cutter / welder

This topic contains 11 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Lakelover 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Hi all.

A friend was over the day were fired up the clay oven.

He was reading about a new Plasma unit that can solder copper and cut steel. He works in a large hospital maintence department. Sounded to god to be true.

Well he got the link to me.

http://www.multiplaz.com/about

What do you think?

The price seems reasonable.

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

That’s an innovative tool.

“Multiplaz is the only company worldwide that holds a Patent for this unique welding technology by use of a water-alcohol solution instead of shielding gas. It is the first company to utilize ordinary tap water for heating materials by turning the water into plasma 14400°F (8000°C).”

Bert

That’s an innovative tool.

“Multiplaz is the only company worldwide that holds a Patent for this unique welding technology by use of a water-alcohol solution instead of shielding gas. It is the first company to utilize ordinary tap water for heating materials by turning the water into plasma 14400°F (8000°C).”

Great minds built a real innovation tool there . To be able to use water .

Always willing to learn .

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

that’s pretty neat. Never read/seen it before. I would be very interested to see how it performs. I am not sure I would be like to be refilling every twenty minutes.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

I have never done any welding and will take a course one day so I have no experience. That looks pretty nice and so compact! Obviously, unique in how they do it. I wonder how the price will change as it rolls out.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Looks like a great piece of equipment. Not sure it would have a place in my shop, I don’t think i would find enough use to justify it.

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

I dunno… On the welding forum I frequent, there’s not very good reviews..

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?257601-MULTIPLAZ-WELDING-is-this-for-real&highlight=multiplaz

--Steve

I don’t weld. Soooo bad at it, and it is something that I admire when done correctly. Yes, I can run a stick over old farm equipment, but nothing with finesse . But it sounds like it would be nice to make a still with.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I don’t weld. Soooo bad at it, and it is something that I admire when done correctly. Yes, I can run a stick over old farm equipment, but nothing with finesse . But it sounds like it would be nice to make a still with.

Same here. It’s embarrassing how bad I am at it.

Can someone explain how this one machine can possibly do all of these things? Is the temperature adjustable for different applications? Forgive me if this is a stupid question. Welding is beyond my skill set.

I can solder copper with no issues, but welding is something I’ve never gotten the hang of.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ll have to check this out. Thank you for the link and info.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I can’t get the link to open……
    It sounds like a good idea but TQ says no good reviews on the forum so then,,,,

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

I went review hunting also.
    Not many good things said. Not much independant testing by labs.

Still have a Stick welder, Got a small MIG I have yet to play with.
    Sold the Oxy/acet torches. Tank rent was nuts and gas refills went stupid high, for all I used it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.482 seconds