dcsimg

New Milwaukee Tools 2017

Tagged: 

Viewing 17 posts - 421 through 437 (of 437 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I see pics of an M18 Random Orbit Sander going around IG.

I wonder what took big red so long with the orange little brother has had a cordless RO sander for years now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wonder what took big red so long with the orange little brother has had a cordless RO sander for years now.

Milwaukee has traditionally always been about power tools for the plumbing / pipe-fitting and electrical trades first, as I’m sure you know. DeWalt only just recently came out with something to rival the M18 Hawgs, 2 years later. Do either of the blue shades have one yet, at all?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Milwaukee has traditionally always been about power tools for the plumbing / pipe-fitting and electrical trades first,

I don’t think so,, that has only happened sense TTI the Hong Kong investment group has bought them out. 30 to 40 years ago they were known for their sawsalls and circ saws and drills. They were mainly known for their sawsalls tho. The circ saw was so much of a beast that nobody used it, at least not here or in Florida.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Do either of the blue shades have one yet, at all?

I don’t know much about Hawgs because I am usually building buildings with wood and we just don’t have a need for Hawgs. Not even sure what a Hawg is.. I have some very strong drills but none of them are blue.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I don’t know much about Hawgs because I am usually building buildings with wood and we just don’t have a need for Hawgs. Not even sure what a Hawg is.. I have some very strong drills but none of them are blue.

I don’t know if this is supposed to be some kind of joke but a hole hawg is one of the most popular right angle drills around. If you haven’t seen one I’d be pretty shocked.

Anonymous
    Inactive

sawsalls and circ saws and drills

Which you never saw a chippy with, ever – at least not around here. Too powerful, I think. All you’d ever hear about on the drills from them would be how “you’re going to break you arm”. Never did.

I’ll see your hawg, and raise you this:

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Which you never saw a chippy with, ever – at least not around here. Too powerful, I think.

No, The saw just too heavy. It was heaver than the SkilSaw. The SkilSaw was the saw that everyone always used.
    Is that your cat?? That was the Lazy Piggs yard pigg I posted.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, just too heavy. It was heaver than the SkilSaw. The SkilSaw was the saw that everyone always used.

No, I know – heavy, and expensive at the time. If a carpenter didn’t mind heavy and expensive, he’d usually have Porter Cable. My drills and saws were mostly PC, had little Milwaukee back then. But, every single plumber I knew had nothing but Milwaukee.

Speaking of which, I see on Ebay that the Porter Cable stuff I still have is worth a small fortune. Maybe time to cash out on it.

Hangman
    Pro

It’s a good looking design, I have the Ridgid one which is nice to use. Still I don’t find it assmoothe of powerful as my Bosch Corded version. Though it just depends on the task at hand, seriously don’t expect to get away using one tool for every application.

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@Clev08 we probably need a new 2018 Milwaukee Tools thread?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t know if this is supposed to be some kind of joke but a hole hawg is one of the most popular right angle drills around. If you haven’t seen one I’d be pretty shocked.

No joke man,, when the plumbers and electricians are in there the building is built and we are gone on to the next one..

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Just had a trigger failure on my fuel drill today so I’ll be looking at buying a new drill this week. Just trying to decide if I should get the one key drill or just the regular fuel as a replacement

Clev08
    Pro

Just had a trigger failure on my fuel drill today so I’ll be looking at buying a new drill this week. Just trying to decide if I should get the one key drill or just the regular fuel as a replacement

Get the Packout rolling box kit at HD, it’s 500 but you get a one key Sawzall, drill, impact, 2 5Amp and 1 9 Amp battery.
    If I didn’t already have all three I would hop on this deal so fast!

Get the Packout rolling box kit at HD, it’s 500 but you get a one key Sawzall, drill, impact, 2 5Amp and 1 9 Amp battery.
    If I didn’t already have all three I would hop on this deal so fast!

Wow, that’s a nice package, just those batteries alone are worth more than the price.

@kswiss
    hey Kyle, didn’t they replace your sawzall that had a similar problem. Hopefully they do the same with the drill.
    I saw that picture / video on Instagram, you certainly have had good use out of the drill.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Why not just replace the trigger?? I get em at E-Replacments.com

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Why not just replace the trigger?? I get em at E-Replacments.com

I’ll probably just throw it out when I get a new one, I don’t really want to spend any time fixing it. It’s been through a lot so it’s probably time for a new one anyways.

yes

Viewing 17 posts - 421 through 437 (of 437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.125 seconds