dcsimg

New Milwaukee Tools 2017

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 437 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Interesting I like the idea about the anti-friction coating.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Interesting I like the idea about the anti-friction coating.

I’m curious as to how long it will actually last though

CB
    Spectator

Do love my Milwaukee 18V Caulk Gun it’s saved me bundles of cash on expensive Marine Adhesives.

How has the 18V caulk gun saved you bundles of cash on expensive marine adhesives?

This one had me confused too???

Probably due to the automatic stop/reversal feature. Definitely saves a lot of product when you don’t have anything oozing out the end.

Reversal? How far up the tube does the caulk reverse?

Does the 18V gun plunger somehow grasp the flanges of the rear seal/piston built into the caulk tube and pull it back?

I use Cox manual guns, and they have a lever above the trigger that immediately releases the apply pressure and stops the caulk from flowing right now. It doesn’t REVERSE the caulk though.

I’d actually be quite interested in REVERSING the seal on the back of a caulk tube, and removing it altogether. That way, I could reuse the tube, by pushing in the contents of a brand new tube whose forward end I broke off down to the shoulder of the tube itself. I could then transfer the contents of the broken tube into the tube with the rear seal piston removed, restore the seal piston, and thus save the caulk.

I use expensive caulk too. I special order OSI Quad MAX from MBS by the case, in any of 201 different colors offered… about $102 per case, which works out to $10 a tube, or about 2 to 3 times the price of the more commonly used DAP Dynaflex 230. I’m addicted to the MAX. I like it more than regular Quad. It’s hard to explain, but you can feel it.

And that’s what worries me about the battery caulk guns. Can you feel it? I can feel the pressure in a manual gun. I can feel how much restriction is in the nozzle versus the pressure I’ve squeezed into the grip handle. I know when a “lump” inside the nozzle has shifted, where flow was previously permitted because it was flowing around the lump, but then hydraulic pressure shifted the lump. I know when to repierce a pathway through or around the lump, or remove the nozzle (thankfully, higher quality caulk is shipped in tubes with removable nozzles) to clean or replace… so as to prevent a blow out of the back seal inside the tube, which requires a full gun cleaning (another concern I have about battery guns).

I also can control the trigger when I see that the bead is about to end, stop squeezing new drive pressure and just ride the remaining pressure out as it slowly dwindles, and slow my pull or push travel while it finishes oozing to terminus. Can that be done with electrics? Sure would save my aging hands from cramping sometimes.

Anyway, what is this “reversal” business?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Probably due to the automatic stop/reversal feature. Definitely saves a lot of product when you don’t have anything oozing out the end.

Yes the Milwaukee 18V Caulk Gun has an anti-drip reverse suction. When the adhesive cost over 15 Bucks a tube you don’t want half of it in a rag or paper towel.

Good point @hangman. That sure makes sense. I would not mind it with a 3 dollar tube, but 15 heck yeah

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

milwaukee anncounced today a M12 rivet gun

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Attachments:

Nice, they are really going into all fields,

Hey did you see the post on Instagram from one of the guys from Germany, I think, don’t quote me on that, I think it was a Bosch 18 volt biscuit joiner?
    Looked pretty cool.

Hangman
    Pro

Best way to know how it works is order the 18V caulk gun, you can always return it. It has a dial to control the rate of flow from a microbead to filling large gaps. Like anything you get the hang of it fairly quickly, the benefit is continuous flow for window seals or hatches. You can put any style tube need, they sell an extension for larger sausage tubes. It’s easy to clean up if a tube busts, you can run the front under a faucet without risk to the motor mechanizm.
    The suction is controlled by the plunger motor, the reversal function is automatic.

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Hey did you see the post on Instagram from one of the guys from Germany, I think, don’t quote me on that, I think it was a Bosch 18 volt biscuit joiner?
    Looked pretty cool.

yeah I know what you mean, it’s a frankenstein tool modification.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Looked pretty cool.

Ah okay, that’s what I thought he said.
    Looks pretty cool though, it looks like a part of a grinder or something.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yes the Milwaukee 18V Caulk Gun has an anti-drip reverse suction. When the adhesive cost over 15 Bucks a tube you don’t want half of it in a rag or paper towel.

I don’t have problems with drip on my guns. Drip less guns aren’t a new thing.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Looked pretty cool.

Ah okay, that’s what I thought he said.
    Looks pretty cool though, it looks like a part of a grinder or something.

yeah he used the new bluetooth-ready brushless 18V grinder for that project

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

CB
    Spectator

I don’t have problems with drip on my guns. Drip less guns aren’t a new thing.

Neither do I. The Cox (Made in England) caulk guns (all manual, stepless, very smooth) stop right now with their lever release tab. Completely dripless (as long as you remember to hit the lever to release pressure when stopping).

However, as I age, the idea of not having to squeeze my hand anymore is appealing, so I’ve been intrigued by battery powered caulk guns, not for saving sealant… but for saving my right hand.

Clev08
    Pro

That looks interesting. Not something I would use but maybe an aircraft mechanic would use one?

Hangman
    Pro

That’s a definite fact, repetitive task syndrome is a real thing. The 18V caulk gun is a superb hand saver, especially when caulking gapes for hours.

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Pop Rivets?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That looks interesting. Not something I would use but maybe an aircraft mechanic would use one?

Yes most definitely, and even someone in sheet metal work, or even some HVAC guys could use.
    I’ll be curious what sizes will it be able to do,
    And the runtime to.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Round-up of all the new Milwaukee screwdrivers

http://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-screwdrivers-roundup-of-new-styles-2018/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Round-up of all the new Milwaukee screwdrivers

http://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-screwdrivers-roundup-of-new-styles-2018/

I’m very happy with my new premium ones so far – especially with them ditching the silly wire stripper, allowing for the handles to be thin enough to nest down properly in the loops of a tool pouch, which was my other real complaint with the original ones. No more worries of them falling out. That was definitely something that was keeping guys that wear a belt from using them.

Clev08
    Pro

I see pics of an M18 Random Orbit Sander going around IG.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-5-in-Random-Orbit-Sander-Tool-Only-2648-20/304591900

Hmmm that’s tempting, my current sander has a dust bag and a cord. If I’m upgrading in two areas of the tool is it justified? If it had the option to be plugged it i’d Be sold.

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.705 seconds