dcsimg

New Milwaukee Tools 2017

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 437 total)
  • Author
    brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

@theamcguy The difference between a milled and smooth face in a framing hammer? The milled face “grips” the head of the nail, resulting in fewer bent nails. Someone more articulate with words can explain it better, but that is the best way I can explain it. Also, the milled face makes more impressive damage on your thumb when you miss the nail!

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

You will always hit your thumb with a Milled face hammer the first few days of owning it. Guaranteed 100%. Has to be done while it’s still nice and new and sharp.

Smooth face is also better for finer work and decks (my opinion) as the face will leave an indent in the work, but not a big ugly gouge full of marks.

Clev08
    Pro

I would love to support American made hammers again.

I am going to give the new Milwaukee ones a try. They have a nice design and not overly expensive.

Here’s a question I hope somebody can answer the new Milwaukee framing hammers come with either a smooth or milled face. What is the difference? I mean what is the advantage of the milled vs the smooth face?

I always go with the smooth face because I will use my hammers for finish work where I don’t want the milled face to leave dents. People who do strictly framing or want a hammer they will only use for framing would get the milled face. I’m guessing if you hit a nail with the edge of the face it grabs the nail rather than glancing off of it and bending the nail.

@monman1
    would probably have some useful insight.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

precisely.. though ive found that the milling on those hammers tends to wear off within a year with regular use

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I always go with the smooth face because I will use my hammers for finish work where I don’t want the milled face to leave dents

I have many hammers for different uses.

precisely.. though ive found that the milling on those hammers tends to wear off within a year with regular use

The more we hit our hardened steel nail bars the faster it wears out. If you hit the hardened steel with something else it stays good for a long time.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

@DirtyWhiteBoy, looks like you need more hammers!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Smooth face is also better for finer work and decks (my opinion) as the face will leave an indent in the work, but not a big ugly gouge full of marks.

Thank you guys for all the info, looks like I need the smooth face.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@dirtywhiteboy, looks like you need more hammers!

That pis is not showing my rubber finish hammer, I need to update it.

monman1
    Pro

I would love to support American made hammers again.

I am going to give the new Milwaukee ones a try. They have a nice design and not overly expensive.

Here’s a question I hope somebody can answer the new Milwaukee framing hammers come with either a smooth or milled face. What is the difference? I mean what is the advantage of the milled vs the smooth face?

I always go with the smooth face because I will use my hammers for finish work where I don’t want the milled face to leave dents. People who do strictly framing or want a hammer they will only use for framing would get the milled face. I’m guessing if you hit a nail with the edge of the face it grabs the nail rather than glancing off of it and bending the nail.
    monman1 would probably have some useful insight.

What you said is right on.

When it wears out you make it a custom milled face like my one Estwing.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Attachments:
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

lol nicely done, i did the opposite on my japanese hammer about 6 years ago.. it had a milled face and actually has better steel than the estwing and stanely hammers so the milling didnt wear off.. i needed it to have a smootth face using it for finish work.. i simply put it on the bench grinder

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I have estwing hammers and I use both depends on the task. If you doing framing it’s better to use the milledface hammer. If you are doing finish work I prefer smooth face since it’s doesn’t leave a mark. But smooth face is can be used for framing to not much of a diffrent. Also I milled face hammer ruins crowbars.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Doobie

OLD THREAD WARNING.

I’m almost certain that while it doesn’t specifically say it, that this new router motor and side controlled on/off and speed selector being offered by Jessem is made by Milwaukee and is an update of their previous model 5626 that was made for Jessem years ago and discontinued about 8 years ago. I have the old version and it is great.

http://www.jessemdirect.com/Pow_R_Tek_Router_with_Remote_Control_Box_p/05200.htm

Here is the old discontinued 5626 model.

https://www.amazon.com/JessEm-05626-Milwaukee-Rout-R-Table-Variable/dp/B000W3O3GM/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Next week is Milwaukee Tools new tool event. So be on the lookout for lots of new tool announcements, videos etc from the event.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Next week is Milwaukee Tools new tool event. So be on the lookout for lots of new tool announcements, videos etc from the event.

They definitely have been putting out nice products lately
    Even the garden equipment
    Makes it more expandable

Plus the high performance battery packs also.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

To be honest there is only one tool which I would like to see uptaded with a brushless motor.
    It is in my TOP 3 favourite tools (which I use everyday)

Milwaukee M18 18Gauge Single Cut Metal Shear

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Milwaukee will probably be releasing a bunch of new tools. Looking forward to see what they have.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Milwaukee will probably be releasing a bunch of new tools. Looking forward to see what they have.

Especially with their Ridgid and Ryobi lines being so innovative

I came across these new Milwaukee snap off blade knives and absolutely love them. They are so much better than the others out there that I have tried.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

really? the knives have been around since 2013. i have a bunch of them but i bought them not so much for performance but to seperate my tools from the guys using the olfa brand ones. if a guy on my crew is using a milwaukee knife i know they were digging in my truck or toolbox

I came across these new Milwaukee snap off blade knives and absolutely love them. They are so much better than the others out there that I have tried.

Nice, are they selling at big box stores, is that the full size exacto or is it those small slim ones.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.550 seconds