dcsimg

New Milwaukee Tools 2017

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 437 total)
  • Author

Bosch is expanding their 12V line with an amazing new router and planer. They don’t have as many 12V tools as Milwaukee, fortunately I don’t feel limited to owning only one brand. Also I still love the ridgid 12V Palm Driver still one of the handiest tools…LoL!

You are definitely right about that, Milwaukee have some good tools in the both lineup 12 and 18 volt, we use plenty of the 12 volt tools at the shop, the ratchets are great.

And yes, I would like to maybe get into another line eventually, one that offers not just tools, but the garden tools, this way I can use the batteries for plenty of options.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Bosch is expanding their 12V line with an amazing new router and planer. They don’t have as many 12V tools as Milwaukee, fortunately I don’t feel limited to owning only one brand. Also I still love the ridgid 12V Palm Driver still one of the handiest tools…LoL!

You are definitely right about that, Milwaukee have some good tools in the both lineup 12 and 18 volt, we use plenty of the 12 volt tools at the shop, the ratchets are great.

And yes, I would like to maybe get into another line eventually, one that offers not just tools, but the garden tools, this way I can use the batteries for plenty of options.

I can fully understand the thought process. There are a few cordless tools that I would like to have. It does not look like Bosch will make them, so instead of getting into a second battery line by the same manufacturer, I am thinking I would be farther ahead to get into another manufacturers line that makes a wider variety of tools. I am really wanting a cordless 18 ga nail gun and a cordless router. So those are the brands that I will probably move to. I think Rigid and Makita both have those tools. Not sure about Milwaukee having them though. Need to do more research on it. Of course it will also depend on what else they have to offer too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I highly doubt that Bosch will ever catch up Milwaukee with their 12V line haha.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Also I still love the ridgid 12V Palm Driver still one of the handiest tools…LoL!

That orange step brother of Milwaukee has some good tools, I really like the JobMax system.

Hangman
    Pro

Yes indeed @Boschmanbrian the Milwaukee ratchets are great, one of the companies I sub out with has them on the jobsite. It’s very handy for putting together LED wall frames over a regular impact. Honestly don’t think it’s realistic for companies to catch up or mimic each other. It’s cool to see them innovate different tool designs beyond standard tools.

@JimDaddyO
    Milwaukee does make an 18V Nailers for certain. In my case I bought a reconditioned 18V Ridgid Finishing Nailer from CPO and it works great! Was never plagued with the complaint issues I read in some reviews. Perhaps the ability for the depth adjustment made more sense to me than some others. Have worked with the Ryobi onsite and found it not to perform as well as my orange version.

@DirtyWhiteBoy
    absolutely right Ridgid does have some great tools!

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

I can fully understand the thought process. There are a few cordless tools that I would like to have. It does not look like Bosch will make them, so instead of getting into a second battery line by the same manufacturer, I am thinking I would be farther ahead to get into another manufacturers line that makes a wider variety of tools. I am really wanting a cordless 18 ga nail gun and a cordless router. So those are the brands that I will probably move to. I think Rigid and Makita both have those tools. Not sure about Milwaukee having them though. Need to do more research on it. Of course it will also depend on what else they have to offer too.

Definitely worth looking into Jim,
    Me to I like the nailers from both the Makita and ridgid, but I started even looking at the Ryobi trim nailers, since I already have some batteries from the garden tools,
    Will definitely look more into detail this spring, for the moment, still using my air nailers and compressor,

Might even opt for the Milwaukee since I think I might buy the cordless stapler eventually.

Hangman
    Pro

Well from hands on experience the Ryobi Nailer only has one dailing adjustment. The ridgid actually has two seperate ways to adjust depth and speed. Would be interesting to try the Milwaukee because their 12V Stapler is amazing. What I’d love to see from them is a good pin nailer! Makita came out with a 2nd generation pin nailer, ergonomically it looks better though functions worse. It’s definitely something I do believe Milwaukee could engineer well on a 12V platform.

Well from hands on experience the Ryobi Nailer only has one dailing adjustment. The ridgid actually has two seperate ways to adjust depth and speed. Would be interesting to try the Milwaukee because their 12V Stapler is amazing. What I’d love to see from them is a good pin nailer! Makita came out with a 2nd generation pin nailer, ergonomically it looks better though functions worse. It’s definitely something I do believe Milwaukee could engineer well on a 12V platform.

How was the Ryobi nailer, I just received an email from someone, showing the new Ryobi pin nailers coming out now,what Ryobi do you have, the 18 or 16 gauge. You still have it

Hangman
    Pro

Well hopefully they improved the Royobi Nailer, it might have be 1st generation. it wasn’t mine it was an on job site tool, my Finishing Nailer is Ridgid 18V and it’s 18 gauge got it reconditioned.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

Hey Benjamin, indeed Bosch is expanding with great new tools, like that router and planer.
    I do have some reasons why I’m not into Bosch’s 12v line up, the main reason is that some tools I need everyday are not made by Bosch, but made by Milwaukee.

12v tools not available from Bosch:

M12 grease gun
    M12 right angle impact driver
    M12 drain auger snake
    M12 polisher

12v tools available from Bosch but I prefer Milwaukee ones:

M12 Fuel Circular saw (left side blade, australian version with dust port)
    M12 Fuel reciprocating saw (brushless)
    M12 inspector camera (Which l think is better than Bosch’s one)

Thanks

Hangman
    Pro

Really I’m not devoted to any single company, just turned out I had more Bosch cordless tools from 10 years ago. My Milwaukee 18V Caulk gun and Driver Drill are both prized tools, also love my 12V stapler too it’s absolutely amazing. Milwaukee does make great tool, I’d buy any ones that are needed.

Bosch makes a 12V Circular Saw from Europe, it has a dust port and track guide. Also they have a Rotary Cutter which is great with, canvas, fabric, leather, and linoleum. As for Bosch’s 18V circular that need to come out with a brushless, still I’m accustomed to mine for the time being.

Have a great laser guided Porter Cable Circular Saw that’s corded, it’s fantastic even with a cord.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

Really I’m not devoted to any single company, just turned out I had more Bosch cordless tools from 10 years ago. My Milwaukee 18V Caulk gun and Driver Drill are both prized tools, also love my 12V stapler too it’s absolutely amazing. Milwaukee does make great tool, I’d buy any ones that are needed.

Bosch makes a 12V Circular Saw from Europe, it has a dust port and track guide. Also they have a Rotary Cutter which is great with, canvas, fabric, leather, and linoleum. As for Bosch’s 18V circular that need to come out with a brushless, still I’m accustomed to mine for the time being.

Have a great laser guided Porter Cable Circular Saw that’s corded, it’s fantastic even with a cord.

I’m not devoted to any tool company, I buy whatever I need, doesn’t matter the brand.

That little 12v circ saw is cool!
    Indeed, Bosch need to come out with brushless saws.

Their lasers are one of the best out there, green ones

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That little 12v circ saw is cool!

I have the Bosch one and i like it. I don’t believe the Bosch 12V circular is available in NA yet.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

my Finishing Nailer is Ridgid 18V and it’s 18 gauge

Really I’m not devoted to any single company,

I’m not devoted to any tool company,

I’ve had nothing but good luck with the Ridgid 18volt 18ga. gun… I’m glad to see I’m not the only one locked into one brand..

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve had nothing but good luck with the Ridgid 18volt 18ga. gun… I’m glad to see I’m not the only one locked into one brand..

Neither am I. My shop is a rainbow when it comes to tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

my Finishing Nailer is Ridgid 18V and it’s 18 gauge

Really I’m not devoted to any single company,

I’m not devoted to any tool company,

Looks like a great gun. I have a couple of the DeWalt 18ga cordless guns and they’re the size of a framing nailer. It’s pretty comical. At least they don’t weigh very much.

j

Hangman
    Pro

The folks at Bosch told me they weren’t able to release the 12V Circular Saw in the States. The reason was some sort of safety standard, guess Americans cut their fingers off more easily and lawsuits thereafter. Haven’t ever seen the difference Milwaukee 12V Circular saw , though I suspect that Bosch wants to sell the Dremel Versa-Saw which is a horrible clunky tool to grip.

@dirtywhiteboy
    right there with you the Ridgid 18V nailer is a great tool, zero issues with mine.

@bbernardesjr87
    @theamcguy with you guys on that it’s silly to be devoted to any one tool company, viva the tool rainbow!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The folks at Bosch told me they weren’t able to release the 12V Circular Saw in the States. The reason was some sort of safety standard,

Probably would take a major re-engineer to comply and that would be too expensive.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

staker
    Pro

I have the bosch finish nailer and am very happy with it.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

The folks at Bosch told me they weren’t able to release the 12V Circular Saw in the States. The reason was some sort of safety standard,

Probably would take a major re-engineer to comply and that would be too expensive.

Even a minor change to a single part would involve many changes; an additional part number, more inventory, new literature printing, parts diagrams, possibly different parts for different markets. Better to wait for a complete redesign at the appropriate time.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.367 seconds