dcsimg

New Milwaukee Tools 2017

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 437 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

The company has been buying into the Milwaukee platform for over a year now,
    The good thing about them is, they have the cordless ratchet, plus the multi Bay chargers.
    This is a picture from the charging stations on test site.

those multi bay chargers are nice, metabo has a nice one too. too bad Bosch does not come forward with one.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have the Rapid Charge Station. I never charge batteries on the job. It’ll charge 6 even fully-drained batteries like within an hour and a half or so, so I just throw some in it in the evening, or even while I’m getting ready in the morning. ‘Course, I have like 36 M18 batteries, so I don’t worry about it too much. My new giant lights really suck the juice down, but I just bring more along with me.

The good thing about them is, they have the cordless ratchet, plus the multi Bay chargers.

those multi bay chargers are nice, metabo has a nice one too. too bad Bosch does not come forward with one.

I know, I definitely know that they can make them, I used to have 3 of the ni-cad dual bay chargers, they were very nice, I know that last time I was working at the stables, I had wished they had one of those multiple Bay chargers, we had the jigsaw and both hammer drills and impacts going, plus the circular saw, was swapping those 4ah battery packs often.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I know, I definitely know that they can make them, I used to have 3 of the ni-cad dual bay chargers, they were very nice, I know that last time I was working at the stables, I had wished they had one of those multiple Bay chargers, we had the jigsaw and both hammer drills and impacts going, plus the circular saw, was swapping those 4ah battery packs often.

That’s right Brian.
    I saw today the 4x bay 12V charger from milwaukee at HD on clearance. I would have purchased it, if I would be big in that line, but I’m not lol

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My new giant lights really suck the juice down, but I just bring more along with me.

What lights are those Sparky?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

What lights are those Sparky?

M18 Radius Site Light, and the M18 Rocket Dual Pack Tower Light, both One-Key – 9000 and 5400 lumens, respectively. Both go through batteries pretty quickly on high, but that’s too be expected with that kind of output. The Rocket I’ve especially been using a ton, where it folds up so compactly. The Radius doesn’t come with me unless I have a need for it that day, but is just as awesome.

@Sparky603 nice lights man, looks like a sure winner

I saw those toilet snakes when Milwaukee introduced them earlier last year, I recommended them to my friends in the plumbing department, his boss picked up two or three of them, I saw him yesterday, he said he loves the tool, makes easy work of un clogging

Hangman
    Pro

Multi-chargers seem great though I only have a dual 12V-18V charger and a single 12V charger.
    Is the Milwaukee multi-charger good or does it take a long time? THe DeWalt power station takes 3hrs to charge four of 6.0 batteries which is dismal downtime.

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

Anonymous
    Inactive

I saw those toilet snakes when Milwaukee introduced them earlier last year, I recommended them to my friends in the plumbing department, his boss picked up two or three of them, I saw him yesterday, he said he loves the tool, makes easy work of un clogging

Good to know, Brian. My plumber buddy has recently picked up the service work on like 7 schools in the region, so I’ll pass that recommendation along, for sure. They also have that new m12 Airsnake, which looks pretty interesting.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is the Milwaukee multi-charger good or does it take a long time?

Mine is the newer rapid charging one. Haven’t timed it, but charges 3 of my 5.0 m18 batteries simultaneously in usually an hour at most.

Is the Milwaukee multi-charger good or does it take a long time?

Mine is the newer rapid charging one. Haven’t timed it, but charges 3 of my 5.0 m18 batteries simultaneously in usually an hour at most.

That’s great, sounds like decent numbers for those battery packs, and simultaneously to boot.

Hangman
    Pro

Oh that’s great, I do have enough of the 18V batteries to ultimately make that worthwhile! Need another Milwaukee charger because one certainly isn’t enough. The charge times sound similar to the new Bosch quick charger which is absolutely amazing!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Like I said, I never pay attention to exactly how long it takes. Not the type that’s into stats, at all – all I care about in a tool is that it makes my workday easier, and/or ups my game. This charger certainly does that, and has for me for at least 2 years.

I just did a little test, for those who might be interested. Took a fairly new (only probably like 25 charge cycles on it) 5.0 battery and fully discharged it in my 9000-lumen light, which doesn’t take long. Went to 4 bars in 25 mins, 80% charge (flashing green light) at 34 mins, and from fully-discharged to full charge in 55 mins.

Hangman
    Pro

Had my eye on one of those for a good while, still wish Bosch would develop a multi charger. Still I do need one for my Milwaukee Bats! Thanks for the accurate info on that.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I really like my Milwaukee charger that does both 12V & 18V batteries. Helps keep clutter down in the shop.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hangman
    Pro

@theamcguy It is really good it came with my 18V Driver drill I purchased years ago. Only recently did I purchase a Milwaukee 12V Stapler Kit so I never got use out of the dual charger.
    Also the stapler came with it’s own charger, guess eventually if I expand that line it will be useful. Mosty of my 12V tools are Bosch but if they don’t make a particular tool I’m happy to expand.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

New Milwaukee M12 Fuel Brushless Hammer Drill vs. Original Fuel Drill/Driver

http://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-m12-fuel-brushless-hammer-drill-vs-original-drill-driver/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

I was discussing with a friend about 12v tools, he says he wants a M12 Fuel right angle impact driver(brushless), using it with those small 3.0Ah batteries he would get lots of runtime.

At the same time he complains about that 12v battery style, he prefers a slimmer tool, just like those new 12v cxt tools from Makita, cause that pod style makes the tool kinda uncomfortable sometimes.

I do like those new 12v CXT tools from Makita over Milwaukee’s M12, it does have a good grip and its comfortable, however it’s impossible to deny they do have an awesome and complete 12v line up.

Who is going to be the next manufacturer to change 12v batteries’ style?

Hangman
    Pro

Bosch is expanding their 12V line with an amazing new router and planer. They don’t have as many 12V tools as Milwaukee, fortunately I don’t feel limited to owning only one brand. Also I still love the ridgid 12V Palm Driver still one of the handiest tools…LoL!

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

New Milwaukee M12 Fuel Brushless Hammer Drill vs. Original Fuel Drill/Driver

http://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-m12-fuel-brushless-hammer-drill-vs-original-drill-driver/

I woldn’t mind upgrading to the new designs even with the mode selector being only one ring. The gen1 m12 drill is larger than most of my 18v drills. I really don’t like hammer drills compared to rotary hammers but for mobility a 12v can make sense to me if it’s smaller than an 18v drill even if it has a hammer function. There are certain times a hammer drill is easier to use than a rotary hammer like for making small holes in in cinder block walls, grout lines or for a mobile kit when traveling.

j

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.043 seconds