dcsimg

New Milwaukee Tools 2017

This topic contains 217 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 40 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 218 total)
  • Author

Clev08
    Pro

Has anyone seen the new Milwaukee hammers, socket set, or laser distance measurers on Instagram today?

Attachments:

Yup looks like a bunch of IG guys received a Milwaukee welcome package 😃
    Curious how well the hammers are in quality etc

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Has anyone seen the new Milwaukee hammers, socket set, or laser distance measurers on Instagram today?

I saw all those items people were recieving on Instagram, the ratchet and sockets are cool, also those laser measure
    The hammer is pretty cool

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Can’t let Dewalt have all the fun lol

Some of it looks nice, but I think it’s more aimed towards fooling the homeowner into thinking they are getting a superior product because of the name, or the overly loyal brand fanboys who want everything to be one colour.

Clev08
    Pro

Can’t let Dewalt have all the fun lol

Some of it looks nice, but I think it’s more aimed towards fooling the homeowner into thinking they are getting a superior product because of the name, or the overly loyal brand fanboys who want everything to be one colour.

I feel like they are making improvements on each tool they release though. like the hammer, the claw isn’t symmetrical to keep it from ringing (my dad’s Kobalt hammer rings) and it has a unique shaft and claw. To me dewalt is more likely to slap their name on a Stanley hammer and sell it.

I really like the socket set, but for the price, i’ll pass for now.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I saw those tools come up, I think a lot of the new tools coming out from the manufacturers will not see as much acceptance as they have in the past. there are getting to be to many choices. for me, tho only new hand tools I buy are replacements or when I find a great deal such as black Friday.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

my ig was blowing up with them today…

toolbag/kart- looks decent but id have to see the pocket setup to justify $200

laser measures- not really new news.. a few guys had them back in decemeber but cool to see

ratchet set- looks like a good idea bundling the common size sockets as opposed to a full run of sizes

tape measure- i knew about the compact tape 7 weeks ago as im actually expecting some any day now… good idea to cut down weight and size for guys carrying a lot of tools in their belt

hammers- hmmm hard to say, the heads look massive and very flat.. how they handle toe nailing could be a issue. i still prefer titanium though

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I saw those tools come up, I think a lot of the new tools coming out from the manufacturers will not see as much acceptance as they have in the past. there are getting to be to many choices. for me, tho only new hand tools I buy are replacements or when I find a great deal such as black Friday.

I agree, way to many choices. Heck doesn’t Milwaukee own stiletto and Hart . I know the Milwaukee hammers and stiletto aren’t in the same price range but it seems these hammers may just be competing with there own Hart brand.

Clev08
    Pro

I agree, way to many choices. Heck doesn’t Milwaukee own stiletto and Hart . I know the Milwaukee hammers and stiletto aren’t in the same price range but it seems these hammers may just be competing with there own Hart brand.

I was surprised to see the hammer too because they have 2 other brands that make hammers. I also was surprised it is not a premium hammer. The Milwaukee levels are better than the Empire levels, so I was expecting a Milwaukee hammer to be better than a Stiletto (If that’s possible).

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I was surprised to see the hammer too because they have 2 other brands that make hammers. I also was surprised it is not a premium hammer. The Milwaukee levels are better than the Empire levels, so I was expecting a Milwaukee hammer to be better than a Stiletto (If that’s possible).

I had no idea they owned stiletto. Did that happen in the past 2 years or so? I remember my first tbi2 was almost $400 and I got one last year when HD started carrying them for 249.

Clev08
    Pro

I had no idea they owned stiletto. Did that happen in the past 2 years or so? I remember my first tbi2 was almost $400 and I got one last year when HD started carrying them for 249.

I’m pretty sure they bought stiletto in 2007

I’m pretty sure they bought stiletto in 2007

You are correct:

Baker & Hamilton / Stiletto Company History:

1849 – Baker and Hamilton began selling tools to gold miners in a tent store in “Mormon Island” gold camp (now under water in Folsom Dam near Sacramento)
    1851 – Baker and Hamilton opened first permanent location at 2nd and J St., in what is now “Old Town” Sacramento.
    1867 – Baker and Hamilton opened 1st San Francisco office and warehouse at “Portsmouth Square”
    1887 – Baker and Hamilton expanded Sacramento store and warehouse to a full city block
    1882 – Baker and Hamilton opens new “state of the art” main office and warehouse in San Francisco at the corner of Pine and Bush streets
    1906 – Baker and Hamilton’s brand new building was completely destroyed in the Big San Francisco Earthquake
    1930 – Baker and Hamilton move their new offices and warehouse to 1905 building at 7th and Townsend in SF
    1974 – Baker and Hamilton closed their doors permanently and all inventory was sold to California Hardware
    1995 – Renegade Hammer Co. owner Mark Martinez introduces the first production framing hammer with a magnetic nail slot in the head.
    1997 – Martinez acquires the Stiletto Trademark and Production Rights
    1998 – Martinez invents worlds first solid Titanium framing hammer
    1999 – First “Stiletto” branded Titanium hammer is manufactured and sold out of Atwater Ca.
    2004 – Stiletto Tools, Inc. buys 10,000 sq. ft facility in Winton, CA
    2007 – Stiletto is purchased by Milwaukee Electric Tools in Brookfield WI

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i cant see milwaukee making the step to go above the stilleto name in hammers… no point messing with something that isnt really broken… only way i might do that is if martinez tools starts making some serious headway compaeting with stiletto… shouldnt be hard though… mark martinez created the titnaium hammer for stiletto

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I seen them go as low as 100$ over here.

mark martinez created the titnaium hammer for stiletto

I see he is still working on hammers.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow those hammers are nice. I’m going to have get one of those.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Clev08
    Pro

yeah, they have some cool features. I’ve seen videos of them on Instagram and how you to replace the handle.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

yah.. martinez really took a look at the design flaws within the stilleto and he upgraded his design for his own brand of hammer.. really well done too

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

yeah, they have some cool features. I’ve seen videos of them on Instagram and how you to replace the handle.

I would love to support American made hammers again.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

yah.. martinez really took a look at the design flaws within the stilleto and he upgraded his design for his own brand of hammer.. really well done too

I was curious about this hammer and did some research, found this informative article and video. http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/hand-tools/hammers-and-prybars/the-hammer-just-got-way-better_o

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I would love to support American made hammers again.

I am going to give the new Milwaukee ones a try. They have a nice design and not overly expensive.

Here’s a question I hope somebody can answer the new Milwaukee framing hammers come with either a smooth or milled face. What is the difference? I mean what is the advantage of the milled vs the smooth face?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 218 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.379 seconds