dcsimg

new Milwaukee M18 fuel surge hydraulic impact driver

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

here were a few tool testers on instagram this weekend posting videos of the surge impact going head to head with teh makita.

Maybe Makita will come out with a new more powerful one. Ridgid has a new hydraulic impact too?

Yes the Ridgid came out just after the Makita.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

the whole reasoning behind the surge and the like impacts are for indoor applications where noise is a factor.. and thats usually at day time when finish work is going on..

I have used the Makita soft impact a lot for putting cabinets and it has all the ballz it needs for that application. The big screws I use are 2½ to 3″ and it has no problems. I know my friend @jjp has put in about 150 kitchens last year with it and he’s a believer too.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hey Dirty here is a review of the Makita vs the Ridgid

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/cordless/drills-drivers-cordless/makita-oil-impulse-vs-ridgid-stealth-force/21421/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I haven’t looked at this tool in particular but I have to say Milwaukee has been producing products that were considerably better than the Dewalt stuff I had yet I do have one problem with them. I bought a M18 Sawzall at HD the manager cut me a deal as I was spending a lot so I had a line item for $100. Damn thing pretty much got hot and turned into a solid. I called Milwaukee and was told without a receipt I was out of luck on the warranty. First year I didn’t buy up the HD black Friday Milwaukee offerings for employee gifts. Any of you have similar experiences with Milwaukee and warranty coverage?

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

@bobluciano that’s one of the first times i have heard bad things about Milwaukee’s warranty. I haven’t had to have any of my Milwaukee tools serviced but ones that I know of they have always been taken care off good. My dads m18 nail gun went out on him and he took it back to the place he bought it and they jut replaced it with a new one. Although I would never buy any of the tools from home depot I always go through either local retailers or online.

I was surprised myself when I bought a dozen Stilettos I had one with a bad handle I made the call and the sent a new handle out no problem. As for the HD purchase I was there buying materials and the manager was showing appreciation.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hey Dirty here is a review of the Makita vs the Ridgid

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/cordless/drills-drivers-cordless/makita-oil-impulse-vs-ridgid-stealth-force/21421/

Thanks,, I hadn’t seen that before.

I haven’t looked at this tool in particular but I have to say Milwaukee has been producing products that were considerably better than the Dewalt stuff I had yet I do have one problem with them. I bought a M18 Sawzall at HD the manager cut me a deal as I was spending a lot so I had a line item for $100. Damn thing pretty much got hot and turned into a solid. I called Milwaukee and was told without a receipt I was out of luck on the warranty. First year I didn’t buy up the HD black Friday Milwaukee offerings for employee gifts. Any of you have similar experiences with Milwaukee and warranty coverage?

Welcome to BTP, that’s not a good thing about your sawzall. To bad that HD could not help out either after spending lots of cash at their stores also,

I know another member here had a problem with his sawzall, but I believe Milwaukee took care of it under warranty @kswiss

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I did get them to replace my sawzall without a receipt. I think I contacted them through facebook or instagram

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.378 seconds