dcsimg

new Milwaukee M18 fuel surge hydraulic impact driver

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

dont get me wrong i love makita.. but what really sets milwaukee apart for me is the fact their high demand tools are running single batteries not dual batteries

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

dont get me wrong i love makita.. but what really sets milwaukee apart for me is the fact their high demand tools are running single batteries not dual batteries

Are you sure it’s just not the red&black colors???? I know how much you like that red color,,,,,
    Oh I predict that Milwaukee will catch up to Makita on the blower next! LOL!!

From all the videos I saw it doesn’t seem like it’s that much quieter. But that’s not the only advantage. It’s less vibration through the user and even though on paper it’s less torque the way it delivers that torque is more constant. Impacts have a quick hit but because the surge uses expanding hydrolics it has pressure on it for q longer duration.

Well said that’s what I got out of the videos and articles I have seen so far .

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I know 2 different guy after trying a hydraulic impact driver for the first time on a production cabinet job went out and bought one that evening because it was so much quieter. The hydraulic impact driver has been in use in heavy industrial work for years for a reason. It’s just now getting down to the small tool size. Thank gawd!!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I know 2 different guy after trying a hydraulic impact driver for the first time on a production cabinet job went out and bought one that evening because it was so much quieter.

I can believe it, the videos really show a difference when tested with the old metal anvils. Probably will upgrade to a hydraulic version at some point either the Milwaukee or Makita

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I know 2 different guy after trying a hydraulic impact driver for the first time on a production cabinet job went out and bought one that evening because it was so much quieter. The hydraulic impact driver has been in use in heavy industrial work for years for a reason. It’s just now getting down to the small tool size. Thank gawd!!

I don’t install cabinets. But that makes sense that being inside those things with a typical impact would have your ears ringing all day.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t install cabinets. But that makes sense that being inside those things with a typical impact would have your ears ringing all day.

I’ve always hated how loud impacts were and jumped on the soft impact as soon as they came out. Very glad I did.

I’ve always hated how loud impacts were and jumped on the soft impact as soon as they came out. Very glad I did.

Hated the impacts because of the noise, did the job but HATED them

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

The sound of an impact is very annoying to me. Love the drive but hate the noise.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The sound of an impact is very annoying to me. Love the drive but hate the noise.

LOL you are right there Ron. Really gets to you after a while. I will be looking to quiet things down now that the oil filled ones are out and readily available.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Do you all use ear protection when you used them? Or no? I always do, so the only complaint I have is that it’s a lot sweatier, but at least I don’t have the noise issue. Otherwise, I think I would hate them too.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Do you all use ear protection when you used them?

I do now especially if i will be using it for a long period of time. Didn’t used to but now it bothers me more than before.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Do you all use ear protection when you used them?

I do about half the time when using an impact driver. If it’s just for a couple screws No.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Do you all use ear protection when you used them? Or no? I always do, so the only complaint I have is that it’s a lot sweatier, but at least I don’t have the noise issue. Otherwise, I think I would hate them too.

Generally carpenters on site don’t use ear plugs with them.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

there were a few tool testers on instagram this weekend posting videos of the surge impact going head to head with teh makita. they were driving lag bolts which were a bit of overkill since its not really designed for driving lags however teh milwaukee was the clear winner.. the makita’s over load protection kicked in within seconds while the milwaukee kept going and set it.. i dont know if its because the milwaukee doesnt have the same level of protection or if its just flat out more powerful

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

there were a few tool testers on instagram this weekend posting videos of the surge impact going head to head with teh makita. they were driving lag bolts which were a bit of overkill since its not really designed for driving lags however teh milwaukee was the clear winner.. the makita’s over load protection kicked in within seconds while the milwaukee kept going and set it.. i dont know if its because the milwaukee doesnt have the same level of protection or if its just flat out more powerful

No it’s not designed for lag blots… Well at least Makita Gave them a bar to beat. Did they have the Ridgid in there?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

here were a few tool testers on instagram this weekend posting videos of the surge impact going head to head with teh makita.

Maybe Makita will come out with a new more powerful one. Ridgid has a new hydraulic impact too?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

here were a few tool testers on instagram this weekend posting videos of the surge impact going head to head with teh makita.

Maybe Makita will come out with a new more powerful one. Ridgid has a new hydraulic impact too?

I don’t see why you would need a more powerful one. Using one in a finish situation usually you are not driving more than a 3 inch screw.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

ridgid no.. its gotten bad reviews…. as for the lag bolt thing i dont see the point of the test really.. the whole reasoning behind the surge and the like impacts are for indoor applications where noise is a factor.. and thats usually at day time when finish work is going on..

but well see, it might be a while before these impacts land locally for me to take a look at

ridgid no.. its gotten bad reviews…. as for the lag bolt thing i dont see the point of the test really.. the whole reasoning behind the surge and the like impacts are for indoor applications where noise is a factor.. and thats usually at day time when finish work is going on..

but well see, it might be a while before these impacts land locally for me to take a look at

Yes, good point, first if anyone needs more power, they have the 1/2 inch drives
    I saw the reviews on the Makita Ridgid and Milwaukee, one thing that they said was the Milwaukee and the Makita are definitely smoother operating I noticed that the ridgid had much more side to side torque movement.

I wonder if any other manufacturers will get into the oil impact design.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.382 seconds