dcsimg

New Kreg Jig design

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Kamster
    Pro

Kreg just announced a new design for their pocket hole jig

It reminds me of the Porter Cable hole jig with how it auto adjusts but its all plastic

Very interesting design… Looking forward to seeing what the reviews have to say about it

https://toolguyd.com/kreg-pocket-hole-drilling-jigs-2021/

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

@kamster I changed the link in your post to a none sales link.

I do like the changes Kreg has made. Will have to look into one for myself.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

I like Kreg, but at the same time they have so often seemed to offer wares that are not yet quite perfected or thoroughly thought out in my experience with them over the decades since I started into their stuff. Just a general word of caution to others.

They don’t hold a hold candle compared to Jessem in being in the realm of ‘add-on’ accessories that really work right the first time around 99% of the time.

Yes, you guessed it….big Jessem fan here! Kreg, much lesser so. Kreg stuff always seems to have something lacking or that I need to adjust/modify on my end to make it work right.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I like the changes, the built in setting gauge for the stop collar and the on board storage for the accessories. I see it as a nice upgrade.

Kreg just announced a new design for their pocket hole jig

It reminds me of the Porter Cable hole jig with how it auto adjusts but its all plastic

Very interesting design… Looking forward to seeing what the reviews have to say about it

https://toolguyd.com/kreg-pocket-hole-drilling-jigs-2021/

Wow , nice upgrades , I like the one I bought last year , but the newer version is really nice , practical on board storage , much easier to adjust than the previous one , not that it was difficult , just making it faster , thanks for the info.

Armor Tool has had their Auto-Jig out for a sometime now. I had used Kreg but moved to their jig and love it.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I like the tool storage. I have one of the first ones kreg made and still love it and use it. Its all metal.

Kamster
    Pro

I like Kreg, but at the same time they have so often seemed to offer wares that are not yet quite perfected or thoroughly thought out in my experience with them over the decades since I started into their stuff. Just a general word of caution to others.

They don’t hold a hold candle compared to Jessem in being in the realm of ‘add-on’ accessories that really work right the first time around 99% of the time.

Yes, you guessed it….big Jessem fan here! Kreg, much lesser so. Kreg stuff always seems to have something lacking or that I need to adjust/modify on my end to make it work right.

I’m a huge fan of Jessem too. I remember the JessEm Zip Slot Mortise Mill – that was a tough product to love completely. Great idea but it needed some refinement

Jessem really isn’t in the same category of manufacturing or end user audience as Kreg. If Jessem made an auto-adjust pocket hole jig then I’d definitely be interested

Clev08
    Pro

I have been wanting to but a pocket hole jig for a while but haven’t pulled the trigger. I had been leaning towards the armory tool jig… now I’ll have to think about it and read reviews. I would love to support a company like Kreg that is 3 hours from my house so hopefully the new design works well.

Armor Tool has had their Auto-Jig out for a sometime now. I had used Kreg but moved to their jig and love it.

Looks pretty cool , what’s the pricing compared to the kreg ,

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I have been wanting to but a pocket hole jig for a while but haven’t pulled the trigger. I had been leaning towards the armory tool jig… now I’ll have to think about it and read reviews. I would love to support a company like Kreg that is 3 hours from my house so hopefully the new design works well.

It was so long ago that I bought my Kreg jig. I’m thinking about 30 yrs ago!
    I cringed at the $130 price but I got it. I think it was one of the best things I bought.

PI_Woodworker wrote:

The full jig, screws, and extra bit I believe is $139 US. They have sales with some great pricing at various times. Go to their website and signup for emails. The feature I really like is the drill stop is automatically adjusted to the right depth. Check it out.

PI_Woodworker wrote:

The full jig, screws, and extra bit I believe is $139 US. They have sales with some great pricing at various times. Go to their website and signup for emails. The feature I really like is the drill stop is automatically adjusted to the right depth. Check it out.

Okay nice , I bought the kreg kit #4 I believe I paid 190 ish last year , I also bought the case of screws ,
    I’ll definitely look into this , thanks Lon

Clev08
    Pro

I went to Menards fully intending on buying the new 720 Pro today only to be sorely disappointed. Every jig and accessory I have ever bought from them previously had been Made in the USA. The two new jigs are now made in china… so I left empty handed. They did have the Kreg K5 jig on the close out shelf and it is Made in the USA. I also tried to find out where Armor Tool’s Autojig is made and haven’t found anything yet.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The two new jigs are now made in china

More and more seems to be made in China. There is some stuff coming back to the US though. Craftsman has moved back to Texas to make all of their tools. They learned the “China” lesson.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Check out the Castle pocket hole jig.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

I went to Menards fully intending on buying the new 720 Pro today only to be sorely disappointed. Every jig and accessory I have ever bought from them previously had been Made in the USA. The two new jigs are now made in china… so I left empty handed. They did have the Kreg K5 jig on the close out shelf and it is Made in the USA. I also tried to find out where Armor Tool’s Autojig is made and haven’t found anything yet.

What really , I definitely thought it was still made in the USA 🤷‍♂️

Kamster
    Pro

That Castle 110 Pocket Hole Machine in the Stumpy Nubs video is pretty impressive. I like the fact that the hole that it makes is more centred on the board

Check out the Castle pocket hole jig.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe title=”7 Cool Tools I Have in my Woodworking Shop” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z9-jnLfsR50?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid0″></iframe>

</figure>

Wow , I never knew that about the pocket hole jigs , I thought they were all the same , definitely makes a difference in the finish on the holes , interesting info on the degrees of the hole ,
    Plus the fact that you can adjust the hole length so you don’t need a bunch of different screw lengths.
    But I really like the mask /faceshield good idea ,

Clev08
    Pro

My old boss had this pocket hole cutter similar to the one above. It had a router motor to cut the slot when you push the lever and then a drill bit to drill the hole when you pull the lever towards you. That way you don’t have to use a drill separately.
    Here is a quick video of one in action.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.286 seconds