dcsimg

New Festool Cordless Circular Saw

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

There is one Festool cordless AINA:
    http://www.leevalley.com/en/festool/page.aspx?p=73111&cat=55&ap=1

If you are in Canada, check your closest LVT store for one of their Festool demo days.

June 1st is when all the new cordless stuff is available. I have watched the videos of this saw and it looks nice – not sure about power, but I could see its usefulness in some applications. It will be interesting to see the reviews once it is out there and people have had a chance to put it to use.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Count me in as another TS75 owner, but I went primarily for depth of cut. I already had the Makita.

In inches how big is that blade and how deep does it cut?? Is the motor strong enough to cut all the way deep..

Doobie

Count me in as another TS75 owner, but I went primarily for depth of cut. I already had the Makita.

In inches how big is that blade and how deep does it cut?? Is the motor strong enough to cut all the way deep..

If I’m not mistaken it is just shy of 3in when not on a track. Basically the 75 in TS75 represents the max depth of cut of the saw.

It is pleanty powerful. Never had mine bog down at near max depth, but you could if you forcefully tried to I’m sure. Any direct drive portable circ saw that’s plugged into 120V can be bogged with proper effort.

My Unisaw is a different story. Hard to stop something with three belts turning it. Downright foolish.

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Just got an email from a US online dealer that the saws are in stock, shipping June 1. US$465 for the basic model, up to $825 for the top of the line model. Should be some reviews on the FOG by next weekend 😉

sergey061478
    Blocked

This may be old news for some of you, but it looks like a cordless version of something similar to the Mafell KSS400 kinda

http://toolguyd.com/festool-hkc55-cordless-circular-saw/

It would be really nice if they offered the track in a way that works with the TS55…

(edit- note it is NAINA for now)

Yes, it does look like a very nice saw. I was thinking about buying TS55, but the price is too steep for me. I just use a long and sturdy straight edge and a circular saw instead. Works ok.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

My question over here is should I get a plunge saw or circular saw ? What do you guys think about it ?

My question over here is should I get a plunge saw or circular saw ? What do you guys think about it ?

Depends on what you are doing. A plunge saw is great for sheet goods and woodworking where you can clamp a rail. I use mine to straight-line rough lumber and a host of other tasks. A circular saw is geared more to processing lumber — cutting 2x is much easier with a circular saw than trying to balance a track across the timber and if you use without a track, which you can, it is awkward or can be awkward and dangerous. I love my Mafell KSS80 for these types of things.

Orange County, CA

Just got an email from a US online dealer that the saws are in stock, shipping June 1. US$465 for the basic model, up to $825 for the top of the line model. Should be some reviews on the FOG by next weekend 😉

I am seriously considering adding a cordless tracksaw. At first I was thinking this is not for me and if I were to invest in another track saw, I really wanted a Mafell. But, this one seems like it has some real flexibility to enhance what I can do with other tools and so it has me really thinking about it. Not sure how powerful it will be and there have been reports with the 4.2 aH batteries that they drain quickly, but this would be really nice to cut anywhere with good DC and no mess of cords and hoses in the way. I have been cutting lots of plywood and the hose and cord on my TS75 are always getting tangled with the saw or on the end of the rail it seems. The TSC55 would not have that same issue.

Orange County, CA

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

The reason I want to get Festool saw is because of the track. But anyway, I would be using the saw on two different applications which you just mentioned.

By the way, currently I have a Makita circular saw with me but the Festool circular appeals to me.

I’m wondering where you got your Mafell KSS80 ? If I’m not mistaken, it is not even available in local market.

The reason I want to get Festool saw is because of the track. But anyway, I would be using the saw on two different applications which you just mentioned.

By the way, currently I have a Makita circular saw with me but the Festool circular appeals to me.

I’m wondering where you got your Mafell KSS80 ? If I’m not mistaken, it is not even available in local market.

Mafell tools are available from Timberwolf Tools in Maine. They are top notch and you can get a KSS400 if you want a smaller saw. If I were just getting a corded track saw I think that the Mafell MT55 is worth a look. Festool has more accessories, stronger warranty and is more convenient than Mafell, but I think that the Mafell is the best saw on the market. I think that Makita’s tracksaw is also worth a look – many of the same features of Mafell’s version, but for half the cost. I know several users of the TS55 REQ and no real complaints from it either, but to me it seems like it lacks a little power – might be my imagination, but I would like to see it have a slightly more powerful motor. I think Mafell tracks are the best on the market, easy to connect, disconnect and more rigid. You can also clamp things on the cut-edge, which is nice. I like Festool accessories and it has some glide strips on the rail that I think are nice and help reduce friction and wear to the shoe when pushing the saw. In the end you cannot really go wrong with any of the top choices. Festool has the 30 day return so that might be worth it to try one out if you are on the fence.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hong if you have no saw get a circular saw or worm drive first. These saws work best for general purpose work. The Plung-track saw is a specialty saw.

Doobie

Which applications? There have been a few mentioned.

To me, a track saw is largely not needed for general carpentry. If you are into woodworking/cabinetry or need to go dustless with sheet breakdown, then fine. Otherwise, get a circ/worm. Lot’s more versatile on a site.

The again, some people can’t cut a straight line without some sort of guide that is beyond a pencil or chalk mark no matter how many times they try.

Doobie

I have been cutting lots of plywood and the hose and cord on my TS75 are always getting tangled with the saw or on the end of the rail it seems.

Get a sock on your hoses. No more snagging on stuff.

I never really liked using their rail end piece hose cord slider attachment and went with a sock instead. Some guys even put a cord inside on them as well, I chose not to. The 1 1/2 inch sock does bothe the 27 and 36mm sized hoses. Don’t know if it can accomodate the 50mm as I do not have one.

The ends which fray like crazy when you cut them, can either be burnt from fraying with a heat gun, which I found a PITA to do, or instead taped on. I used the non residue leaving high friction self fusing silicone tape that LV carries. You can see both methods on the pic below.

Flexo Pet 1 1/2 inch Neon Green Braided Sleeving (comes in other colours and sizes of your liking):

https://www.wirecare.com/product.asp?pn=WC01921175

LV Silicone Tape (amazing stuff for loads of stuff in the shop and never wears out it seems):

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=67792&cat=1,110,43466

Personally I think as customers were getting played with its price and power from its battery’s . Most of the time when I have my TS 55 REQ its finish work cutting . Nothin that needs to be cordless since I have the rest of the power tools out .

Always willing to learn .

I was looking at this saw again because I was curious if it had been verified whether or not the TS55 would work with the cross cutting guide rail (FSK 250, etc) but I do not believe it does :\

Bummer.

John S

Different saw, John. The one you are looking at is the HKC saw – similar to Mafell’s KSS offering.

Orange County, CA

Different saw, John. The one you are looking at is the HKC saw – similar to Mafell’s KSS offering.

I’m confused… I guess I was just looking at my original post to this thread, haha

This may be old news for some of you, but it looks like a cordless version of something similar to the Mafell KSS400 kinda

http://toolguyd.com/festool-hkc55-cordless-circular-saw/

It would be really nice if they offered the track in a way that works with the TS55…

(edit- note it is NAINA for now)

John S

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.400 seconds