dcsimg

New Dewalt T Stak Cart #DWS 17888

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

As far as I know they only have the 2 systems. The Tough boxxes – geared to heavy construction and exterior contractors, and T-Staks – geared to remodelers.

There is a 3rd stacking and locking together system for storing screws and smalls. Where’s the pic??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Attachments:
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That’s just too many systems.

RSG
    Pro
    Niles, OH

The tstak clear lid organizer is really nice and you can get more of a variety of fasteners in it. The yellow bins come out and there is a shallow bin under it. I use the shallow bins under for smaller fasteners and finish nails and such.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

As far as I know they only have the 2 systems. The Tough boxxes – geared to heavy construction and exterior contractors, and T-Staks – geared to remodelers.

There is a 3rd stacking and locking together system for storing screws and smalls. Where’s the pic??

You’re right that those boxes exist. I was just thinking of a system as a whole and unfortunately, those don’t integrate with the t-staks, so I didn’t list them because I just felt they were a 1 purpose item. Sorry. My bad!:-)))

Has anyone with the Tstak drawers noticed an issue with the bottom bowing up under weight, making the drawer catch on the bottom plastic lip?

I’ll try and upload a picture when I get a chance. Not a HUGE deal, as I don’t think I’ll use the drawers that much (I bought one of each from Amazon to get them in my hands. I will eventually buy more).

But otherwise it’s a good to great product line. Can’t be beat on price, and feels (to me, at least) sturdier than the L-Boxx’s. I still want more L-Boxxs though…

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@ReggieDied
    Welcome to the post. I don’t have any of the T-stack boxxes so….
    Hope you stay a while.
    Did you see this page??
    http://bethepro.com/pro-community-rewards-prize-list/

Dirty

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

reggiedied? interesting name, who are you now?

But otherwise it’s a good to great product line. Can’t be beat on price, and feels (to me, at least) sturdier than the L-Boxx’s. I still want more L-Boxxs though…

I can’t fully comment on the sturdiness of the tstaks vs. l-boxxes since I don’t own one, but from messing around with the tstaks in different stores I think it is pretty hard to tell which one is more sturdy. BUT glad you have found a modular system you like that works for you! Curious to see what the problem you are having looks like 🙂

John S

Just a new guy who stumbled upon this site after Googling for some tool storage tips. Been lurking for a little bit, came across a few great ideas so far. It’s a daunting task tbh, but I’ll get there.

Got banned from another forum under the name “Reggie Lives!”, which was a throw back to a band I used to listen to. Since then I’ve gone by Reggie Died.

I can’t fully comment on the sturdiness of the tstaks vs. l-boxxes since I don’t own one, but from messing around with the tstaks in different stores I think it is pretty hard to tell which one is more sturdy. BUT glad you have found a modular system you like that works for you! Curious to see what the problem you are having looks like :)

Not to downplay the awesomeness of the L-Boxx. I own 4; I got two 1’s with a 12v + radio kit. Bought the tools to replace my buddies stolen set, but kept the boxes for myself. Then got a 2 and a 3 when they were deeply discounted at Summit.

I use the L-Boxx’s for my “nicer” finishing tools. The ones I know I’ll be using inside, at a designated “work” table.

I *do* feel that, with the stiffer plastic, the Bosch box’s might be more prone to cracking if dropped from a descent height. With the T-Staks, I’m not sure if they *wouldn’t* crack, but for the price I kind of feel I wouldn’t care.

I’ll try and get some pictures up of my shed/truck storage solutions over the weekend.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like the handle!
    I’ve looked at the T-Task boxes but went with the Tough boxxes because of the bigger foot print.
    I have not ruled out the T-Task boxxes for smaller stuff.

Dirty

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’ll try and get some pictures up of my shed/truck storage solutions over the weekend.

I’m sure that this is something that we would like to see.

Just a new guy who stumbled upon this site after Googling for some tool storage tips. Been lurking for a little bit, came across a few great ideas so far. It’s a daunting task tbh, but I’ll get there.

Well, it is good to have you here – and there are tons of threads on interesting tool storage here worth checking out, so you came to the right place!

John S

For those interested in the tstak line, this has a pretty good display of the newest offerings in the stake lineup – and include some things i hope eventually get converted/mimicked in the l-boxx system

http://toolskool.com/dewalt-trolley-tstak-preview/

John S

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I was literally just reading that and was going to post a link. It’s a nice setup. I really wish Bosch would integrate clips or a different retention system on their cart.

Resident Sign Guy

That’s just too many systems.

This so true . Especially for the guy who doesn’t have any or the systems . Buy one brand or go with two or even three different types .

Then all you old box’s are junk . Cause you payed out so much in new box’s.

Always willing to learn .

It would be nice to see the L-Boxx have more options.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Don’t get JohnS started. There are a whole crap ton of options. Just not available here. Check out Sortimo.

http://www.sortimo.us/

Don’t get JohnS started. There are a whole crap ton of options. Just not available here. Check out Sortimo.

http://www.sortimo.us/

haha – check out these threads on more l-boxx options:
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/more-sortimo-please
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/give-me-sortimo-or-give-me-death/

John S

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

I really wish Bosch would integrate clips or a different retention system on their cart.

this is good feedback for Bosch.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.885 seconds