dcsimg

New Dewalt T Stak Cart #DWS 17888

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

but the TSTAK cart shouldn’t be expected to carry a ton of weight since it isn’t pretending to be part of the tough box line

Average Joe won’t care if it not a tough box like tool. They will buy the TSTAK because they are inexpensive and then fill that cart full. When it breaks because they overfilled it, they will complain.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

eh good point. lol

SamM
    Pro
    Halifax, NS

It’s kinda strange that the lboxxes don’t clip to the cart. I mean, why buy the Bosch cart in that case. I bet you could find a cheaper regular cart to haul boxxes.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

that tstak cart is overpriced, honesty i think all the carts are overpriced in general.. i highly doubt the production costs of any of them is can place such a high retail price on them

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

but the TSTAK cart shouldn’t be expected to carry a ton of weight since it isn’t pretending to be part of the tough box line

Average Joe won’t care if it not a tough box like tool. They will buy the TSTAK because they are inexpensive and then fill that cart full. When it breaks because they overfilled it, they will complain.

Actually the t-stak’s are pretty solid boxes and priced significantly lower than the l boxxes and sortainers. I have 15 or so of them and have been very happy. The tough boxes are geared toward exterior heavy duty contracting. The t-stak’s are like the rest of the companies and geared more towards an interior remodeling contractor. They don’t have all the sorting options that sortainers do, but you’re not paying the price either.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

So I actually called and talked to Adam in Dewalt customer service today. After being on hold for a while he “researched” things, I was finally informed that there is NO NEWS yet. There apparently is not even a launch date listed in their system internally, so the likelihood that it will be released anytime in the near future is slim I was told. I expressed to him that I really like the t-stak system, but am pretty disappointed that Dewalt is last to the game with a cart for the boxes. I started to thank him for his time and before I could even get it completely out, I heard – “click”. No goodbye, no thank you for being a t-stak customer, nothing. Just gone! And he took my number at the beginning of my call “just in case we got disconnected”, so I know it wasn’t an accident.

Overall, my impression is pretty poor in regard to my Customer “Service” experience today with Dewalt…. Seems like Adam could use a little retraining!

So, I made a few stops while out today. I picked up some materials and I’m going to attempt making my own. I’m going to adapt one of the trolley platforms i already have.

Sorry dewalt! I can’t wait for something that may or may not arrive sometime in the future. And I’d rather spend my bucks with someone who at least feigns appreciation…

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

unfortunately for dewalt, people like Adam stain their name. sorry to hear about your experience with them – customer service is a warzone anymore.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

unfortunately for dewalt, people like Adam stain their name. sorry to hear about your experience with them – customer service is a warzone anymore.

I think what’s interesting is the fact that I’ve offered a few companies some feedback on whatever product I was calling about. None wanted it or even pretended!

Humor me! Make me feel warm and fuzzy.

AFTER I hang up I’ll never know if you wrote anything down, but even faking it would go farther than rudeness. Why is that so hard for people to understand?!?

Well, I don’t mean to make things worse for this Adam guy… but the tstak cart IS available for purchase already:

http://www.powertoolsupercenter.com/DEWALT-DWST17888-TSTAK-Trolley-p/dwst17888.htm

(from the guys who run TheToolNut.com)

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I guess the extra casters justify it costing more than an l-cart? The weight limit falls a little short.

I guess the extra casters justify it costing more than an l-cart? The weight limit falls a little short.

I guess. I am not really sure what to think about the over-the-top price for their t-stak line – it doesn’t look like that tough of plastic, but perhaps it is a pretty nice setup. It might just be cheaper to buy the cart (http://www.toolbarn.com/dewalt-dwst17889.html) and then modify it with handles of sorts from an old hand truck or something

John S

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Well, I don’t mean to make things worse for this Adam guy… but the tstak cart IS available for purchase already:

http://www.powertoolsupercenter.com/DEWALT-DWST17888-TSTAK-Trolley-p/dwst17888.htm

(from the guys who run TheToolNut.com)

Wow. That’s very interesting. I searched and searched Google but did not come up with that link. Adam told me that when it came out initially it would be available at Home Depot and Lowes stores first as well as HomeDepot.com. Guess he messed that one up too!

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I guess. I am not really sure what to think about the over-the-top price for their t-stak line – it doesn’t look like that tough of plastic, but perhaps it is a pretty nice setup. It might just be cheaper to buy the cart (http://www.toolbarn.com/dewalt-dwst17889.html) and then modify it with handles of sorts from an old hand truck or something

Because I thought I wouldn’t see one for a long time (or maybe never), I decided to take one of my trolleys and modify it. Great minds, huh?!!

I’m upgrading my version of the cart with a heavier duty rear axle and really nice casters. It won’t be the factory cart, but I won’t have the $130 in it either. As far as durability, time will tell…
    But I’m having fun modding it.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

@supimeister, just out of curiosity, why do you think their t-stak line is priced over the top? (I realize your l-boxxes are coming from here @ no charge, but t-staks are cheaper than l-boxxes on the retail level. I’ve had both l-boxxes and t-staks in my hands to play with. My only concern with the l-boxxes was that the latch seemed more flimsy. That flimsiness coupled with the better pricing on t-staks was what steered me away from the Bosch last year.

Neither option is available locally in my area, so no matter what, I have to order everything online.

@supimeister, just out of curiosity, why do you think their t-stak line is priced over the top?

@hdpro
    Not the whole line… Just this one product. I think that tstaks are a great option! If I didn’t have all of the l-boxxes I would probably have considered tstaks first of all… I just think this new dolly cart is overpriced for what it is. Especially considering the average cost of everything else in the tstak line.

At least, it doesn’t look like it is worth $130.

John S

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

@supimeister, just out of curiosity, why do you think their t-stak line is priced over the top?

@hdpro Not the whole line… Just this one product. I think that tstaks are a great option! If I didn’t have all of the l-boxxes I would probably have considered tstaks first of all… I just think this new dolly cart is overpriced for what it is. Especially considering the average cost of everything else in the tstak line.

At least, it doesn’t look like it is worth $130.

Ahh, OK. Sorry. My misunderstanding. I agree, it’s a few bucks.

But perhaps a lot of the cost is due to the casters and extruded aluminum? I don’t know, it’s not my area of expertise!

How much is the Bosch cart?

I think the festool cart is around $160, isn’t it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I see it at $100 a lot

I think the festool cart is around $160, isn’t it?

I think Boyd is right – the bosch cart hovers around 100-110
    http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-L-CART-L-Boxx-Storage-System/dp/B00BD5G582

the 4 wheel L-dolly is at 80 (no handles, just base)
    http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-L-DOLLY-L-Boxx-Storage-System/dp/B00BD5G62W

But I just don’t see how that price fits the overall position of where dewalt has placed TSTAKs. Oh well, it would probably be a nice thing to add to one’s setup if committed to the TSTAK line.

I am curious to see what your mod looks like, @hdpro!

John S

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

OK, well here it is! Finished my initial design tonight and loaded some boxes on it. There are a couple things I am going to modify at some point. All in all, I ended up spending about $40 less than the retail suggested price. It looks similar, but is not the same.

Here is the pic of the Dewalt Cart.

Attachments:
    hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Here is MY cart that I made….

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.562 seconds