dcsimg

New Dewalt Mini Vac

This topic contains 24 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author

http://toolguyd.com/dewalt-dwv010-hepa-dust-extractor-vacuum/

8 Gallon capacity and a small footprint. Not sure how it will compare to the Festool offerings, but it is an interesting option. Also, it is a little disappointing it doesnt work with either of their modular storage systems, but that is just my personal bias towards those systems coming through 🙂

John S

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

8 Gallon capacity and a small footprint. Not sure how it will compare to the Festool offerings, but it is an interesting option. Also, it is a little disappointing it doesnt work with either of their modular storage systems, but that is just my personal bias towards those systems coming through :)

I don’t have either for Dewalt’s storage systems, but I would have been a bonus to make this vac compatible.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Two filter system eh. Wonder if this makes a huge difference?

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

8 Gallon capacity and a small footprint. Not sure how it will compare to the Festool offerings, but it is an interesting option. Also, it is a little disappointing it doesnt work with either of their modular storage systems, but that is just my personal bias towards those systems coming through :)

Not to mention less expensive than Festool.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yep missed the mark agin . Should be able stack there units on top . And should be desgined with a tool for dustless free work .

Always willing to learn .

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

Integrating it in some way with their storage system would have been nice.

Bert

Seem like decent specs but I too wonder why they missed the opportunity to have T-staks or ToughBoxes attach to the top. The price is decent for a unit with autoclean, tool start, and HEPA.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

The price is decent for a unit with autoclean, tool start, and HEPA.

That is definitely one thing that is going for it (price), although I would still want to wait to get some reviews of it before I threw that kind of money into a vac.

I’d love to see visually how it sizes up against other similar models (festool midi, etc)

John S

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

IM not digging it.

IM not digging it.

I’m sure there’s many people thinking same .

I have a couple of smaller DeWalt vacs and have not been impressed by them. Simply adequate but not great. I would be wary.

I believe the past DeWALT vacs have been outsourced with the exception of the previous release (DWV012). The DWV010 and DWV012 were both designed in house and have shown a great deal of improvement over the older versions. The dual filters system with automatic filter cleaning makes this vac world-class in my book.

As for the integration with the DeWALT T-Stak storage system; there is an optional accessory that flush mounts to the top of both the DWV010 and DWV012 vacs to facilitate use with the T-Stak boxes. Currently I’ve only seen them sold in the UK, however if you’re so inclined, I’m sure you could inquire about receiving one.

As for the integration with the DeWALT T-Stak storage system; there is an optional accessory that flush mounts to the top of both the DWV010 and DWV012 vacs to facilitate use with the T-Stak boxes. Currently I’ve only seen them sold in the UK, however if you’re so inclined, I’m sure you could inquire about receiving one.

That is really nice to know – thanks for this insight @demoguy04! Looks like you are new here. Welcome! Do you own a dewalt vac?

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I do like the automatic filter-cleaning mechanism and the power tool actuation where use of a power tool can toggle the vac’s on/off controls. Those seem to be positives. The filter cleaning alone would be worth it in my view. I hate how the suction dies long before you fill the canister.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am new on this site, @supimeister coworker suggested I register recently. I personally own the DWV012 and have several of the new DWV010s already.

Well, welcome @demoguy04!! Glad you are here! You can always start a new thread with a sort of “intro” of yourself here:
    http://bethepro.com/forums/forum/talk-around-the-job-site/introduce/

I personally own the DWV012 and have several of the new DWV010s already.

Oh wow – that is great! Did you consider any other vacs besides the Dewalt? What made you go with the yellow? Would you buy the DWV012 again?

John S

I am new on this site, @supimeister coworker suggested I register recently. I personally own the DWV012 and have several of the new DWV010s already.

Welcome aboard @demoguy04 . It’s a nice forum .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@demoguy04 Welcome aboard. You’ll find we a re friendly bunch. Hang out, post often, have fun.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thanks everyone, looking forward to it.

I originally saw the 012 on other jobsites and was impressed so I picked one up. @supimeister I would definitely buy again.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

As far as Mini goes here comes DeWalt with a mini Dust Extractor Vacuum and it runs of the 60volt FlexVolt battery!!!!! It meet OSHA Table 1 compliance for crystalline silica dust containment. Tstak tool box stacking compatibility, HEPA filtration efficiency, and can be used for wet or dry pickup. Wow!!!

https://toolguyd.com/dewalt-flexvolt-cordless-dust-extractor-vacuum/

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘New Dewalt Mini Vac’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 0.477 seconds