dcsimg

New Bosch Vacs vol 2

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 161 through 175 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

What kind of material are the wet bags made of?

Are those the plastic bags I see on amazon?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

the paper bags I bought for my ridgid shop vac rip easy or sometimes just blow open.

I have not had that problem with mine. Been using them in it sense new. Might just be lucky.

I’ll have to look for theses Ridgid vac bags… I bet MadMad is sucking up some wet stuff and it messes with the Integrity of the bag.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

the paper bags I bought for my ridgid shop vac rip easy or sometimes just blow open.

I have not had that problem with mine. Been using them in it sense new. Might just be lucky.

Well I might grabbed the off-brand bags which HD has in the store and not the ridgid bags. that might explain why. not sure which ones I bought because since over 1y I use a dust cyclone with it.

I’ll have to look for theses Ridgid vac bags… I bet MadMad is sucking up some wet stuff and it messes with the Integrity of the bag.

I don’t think thats what happened…

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

How do these vacs do with metal from cutting /grinding?

I wouldn’t think it would be a problem at all. The only thing I would worry about is the bag catching on fire from the hot metal. Maybe get a wet bag and put a little water in the bottom of the vac.

What kind of material are the wet bags made of?

I don’t trust using my expensive vacs for that. One of the uses of keeping my old shop vacs. They catch fire, I wouldn’t be cryin the blues.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Having a problem with my boss 9 gallon semi auto vac. I went to turn it on this morning and when I switched it to tool activation mode it came on and stayed on just like switching it to non tool activation. It does this with or with out any thing plugged in and does not go off. It did this last week briefly. I was using it to clean up some stuff. Had it in non tool activation mode and then turned it all the way over to tool activation mode and it did the same thing where it stayed on. Played with it for a little bit but after letting it sit for 15 min or so it was fine. Now it’s doing the same thing again. Bad switch maybe?

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Bad switch maybe?

That’s no good, hopefully you still have some warranty on it.

Having a problem with my boss 9 gallon semi auto vac. I went to turn it on this morning and when I switched it to tool activation mode it came on and stayed on just like switching it to non tool activation. It does this with or with out any thing plugged in and does not go off. It did this last week briefly. I was using it to clean up some stuff. Had it in non tool activation mode and then turned it all the way over to tool activation mode and it did the same thing where it stayed on. Played with it for a little bit but after letting it sit for 15 min or so it was fine. Now it’s doing the same thing again. Bad switch maybe?

Can’t remember if another member here had that similar problem, I think it was Brad @thedude306, hopefully you can get it fixed quickly.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Nope, wasn’t me. I had different issues. Not sure how the semi vacs work. Must be a switch or is your hose restricted? I thought I read you could cover the end and restrict flow and it would pulse?? Could be wrong though.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Doobie

I thought I read you could cover the end and restrict flow and it would pulse?? Could be wrong though.

That’s what I recall also when I read up extensively on them also last fall when there was a lot of discusion about the two types of units on this forum.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

It has nothing do do with the self cleaning feature that I can tell. On the semi it’s all mechanical

Doobie

It has nothing do do with the self cleaning feature that I can tell. On the semi it’s all mechanical

Have you called Bosch service/support? Probably get your best answer there Austin.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Have you called Bosch service/support? Probably get your best answer there Austin.

I thought I read you could cover the end and restrict flow and it would pulse?? Could be wrong though.

That’s what I recall also when I read up extensively on them also last fall when there was a lot of discusion about the two types of units on this forum.

I will, I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same issues.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Bought some wands from home depot and drilled a couple holes to have it lock into the bosch hose

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Bought some wands from home depot and drilled a couple holes to have it lock into the bosch hose

nice little hack austin 😀
    are those the ridgid extensions wands or do they have more variety at your homedepot?!

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

They are ridgid. Haven’t seen anything other than that.

Viewing 15 posts - 161 through 175 (of 175 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.776 seconds