dcsimg

New Bosch Vacs vol 2

Tagged: ,

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

@doobie
    Sebo uses the multilayer synthetic material for their paper bags. Karcher offers them as well and I believe the Bosch vacuums are based off one of the Karcher vacuum designs. I attached an image of what these bags would look like if you sectioned one apart. You would be able to see the white synthetic material if you look right through the hole in the bag, usually there’s nothing blocking you from seeing the inner most layer.

@woodman_412
    If you receive your bags can you check if they have the white synthetic material in them like the picture?

I have some out in my car, I will go and check them tonight.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So this is the setup that I had mentioned before about making to empty the disposable fleece bags

Dan great idea. Sure it may be slow but it works and prevents a mess.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

Sebo uses the multilayer synthetic material for their paper bags.

@Reflector

Does Sebo make shop style vacs? We actually bought a Sebo D4 cannister vac for our house, and while the bag wasn’t an issue, we traded it out for a Miele instead.

@Doobie

They don’t as far as I know, they’re the exception to most of the commercial vacuum manufacturers where they don’t have an industrial line.

@Austin

Photos of the inside of the bag through the inlet hole would be helpful in identifying if Bosch uses plain paper bags or a multi layer approach. The latter would indicate they’re probably the same as the Karcher bags.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Sorry I was to lazy to get the pic the other night yes it does have a lining in it

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@austin, Thank you for posting the picture. It helps figure out what to use.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

Sebo uses the multilayer synthetic material for their paper bags.

@reflector

Does Sebo make shop style vacs? We actually bought a Sebo D4 cannister vac for our house, and while the bag wasn’t an issue, we traded it out for a Miele instead.

They don’t as far as I know, they’re the exception to most of the commercial vacuum manufacturers where they don’t have an industrial line.

Their uprights are highly regarded. I read they use them in The White House when I was doing my research on house vacs. But their cannisters need work imo.

woodman_412

Sorry I was to lazy to get the pic the other night yes it does have a lining in it

Thanks for the pic Austin. That makes me feel better about the bags knowing that it’s not just a brown paper lunch bag to put in your extractor. I have a package of them arriving tomorrow, I’m looking forward to putting one to the test to see how I like them compared to the fleece.

Dan

danpattison.com

woodman_412

My paper bags arrived today and I’m impressed with the quality. The paper isn’t just a brown lunch bag type paper and the liner seems to add some heft to it too. I noticed that like the fleece bags they are made in Germany as well. Looking forward to giving them a try on the next job but from looking them over I am pretty confident that they’ll work well for me.

Dan

danpattison.com

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Definitely let me know what you think of them now that you can compare them to the fleece ones. I am interested in seeing if the filter gets dirtier quicker and if there is a difference in suction as well.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

My paper bags arrived today and I’m impressed with the quality. The paper isn’t just a brown lunch bag type paper and the liner seems to add some heft to it too. I noticed that like the fleece bags they are made in Germany as well. Looking forward to giving them a try on the next job but from looking them over I am pretty confident that they’ll work well for me.

great to hear that bosch even puts quality into their dust extractor bags.
    the paper bags I bought for my ridgid shop vac rip easy or sometimes just blow open.
    looking foward to your experience after trying them out on a few jobs.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

the paper bags I bought for my ridgid shop vac rip easy or sometimes just blow open.

That doesn’t surprise me. Chevy vs Cadillac brands.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

true true kevin.
    If I remember correct, the shop vac paper bags are even more expensive than the bosch dust extractor bags

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

true true kevin.
    If I remember correct, the shop vac paper bags are even more expensive than the bosch dust extractor bags

Yikes! Didn’t know that.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have never used a bag in a Ridgid vac and didn’t know a bag went in them.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

I have never used a bag in a Ridgid vac and didn’t know a bag went in them.

Neither have I. Is this for a newer model offered by Ridgid?

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

How do these vacs do with metal from cutting /grinding?

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I have not had that problem with mine. Been using them in it sense new. Might just be lucky.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I wouldn’t think it would be a problem at all. The only thing I would worry about is the bag catching on fire from the hot metal. Maybe get a wet bag and put a little water in the bottom of the vac.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I wouldn’t think it would be a problem at all. The only thing I would worry about is the bag catching on fire from the hot metal. Maybe get a wet bag and put a little water in the bottom of the vac.

What kind of material are the wet bags made of?

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 175 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.795 seconds