dcsimg

New Bosch Vacs vol 2

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 174 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Austin 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 175 total)
  • Author

woodman_412

Now with the paper bag do I still need to put the filter back in? I’ve been using the filter and dust deputy with out any bag liners.

Yeah you still need to have the filter installed no matter which bag you use in the vac. I’ve never found the need for the filter cleaning feature since the bags do a great job of filtering out pretty much all the dust.

Even with like drywall dust, or have you sucked much of that up.

I haven’t sucked up much drywall dust with my Bosch vac yet. I clean up small drywall messes when I’m doing trim work and have to shave some drywall out but that’s been it. Last year when I worked on a job where I had to clean up a lot of drywall dust I ended up using my shop vac and dust deputy since I was using my Bosch for my other tools. I hate drywall dust and I didn’t really want to have it all over my Bosch vac either.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I find that when I use the fleece bags(reusable or disposable) my filter never gets dirty.

The vacs that are used with bead blasters all use a fleece bag to trap any beads that get sucked up. The beads and the dust created are pretty fine and would ruin a vac in a short amount of time.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I think my vac isn’t working properly. I plugged a saw into it and it doesn’t turn off when the saw turns off it just keeps running until you either unplug the saw or turn the switch off. I tried a couple other tools and they all do the same. Also when I turn it to the tool setting the vac comes on for a second then turns off

Edit. It does turn off but it takes like 15 seconds. Is that what it’s supposed to do

Doobie
    Pro

I think my vac isn’t working properly. I plugged a saw into it and it doesn’t turn off when the saw turns off it just keeps running until you either unplug the saw or turn the switch off. I tried a couple other tools and they all do the same. Also when I turn it to the tool setting the vac comes on for a second then turns off

Edit. It does turn off but it takes like 15 seconds. Is that what it’s supposed to do

Is it the auto model you have? I recall how tricky it is set up when it was being discussed in detail in anotjer thread last fall in that regard.

woodman_412

That’s normal Austin. I’m not sure why it turns on for a second when you switch it to power tool mode but it is normal. It does stay on for longer than I expected it to after you turn the tool off. A lot of times I use my iVac switch with it now so I can turn it on and off anytime I want with just a press of a button on the pocket of my pants.

Dan

danpattison.com

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

OK good to hear, i am used to the festoon which stays on for like 2 seconds. I am just impatient. Thanks Dan

Doobie
    Pro

I recall from a long time ago Brad mentioning how he preferred the shut down stay on time that is longer on the Bosch over his experience with a Festool vac.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yah that is normal, as there is still dust in the air so it stays on a little longer to suck all of it up.

Now with the paper bag do I still need to put the filter back in? I’ve been using the filter and dust deputy with out any bag liners.

Yeah you still need to have the filter installed no matter which bag you use in the vac. I’ve never found the need for the filter cleaning feature since the bags do a great job of filtering out pretty much all the dust.

I haven’t sucked up much drywall dust with my Bosch vac yet. I clean up small drywall messes when I’m doing trim work and have to shave some drywall out but that’s been it. Last year when I worked on a job where I had to clean up a lot of drywall dust I ended up using my shop vac and dust deputy since I was using my Bosch for my other tools. I hate drywall dust and I didn’t really want to have it all over my Bosch vac either.

so let me get this right, the air comes in through the filter then hits the bag or does it come in through the bag area into the filter. I am just trying to wrap my head around it.

woodman_412

yah that is normal, as there is still dust in the air so it stays on a little longer to suck all of it up.

so let me get this right, the air comes in through the filter then hits the bag or does it come in through the bag area into the filter. I am just trying to wrap my head around it.

The air comes into the bag, passes through the bag (leaving the dust in the bag) and then passes through the filter to get any really fine dust and then exhausted back out of the vac.

Dan

danpattison.com

Thanks for bringing it up Austin. Like Doobie said this was on a thread, to be honest I forgot about it till he mentioned it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The air comes into the bag, passes through the bag (leaving the dust in the bag) and then passes through the filter to get any really fine dust and then exhausted back out of the vac.

Yep makes for a very good filtering system.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

So this is the setup that I had mentioned before about making to empty the disposable fleece bags. Just a piece of PVC pipe with a ring of weather stripping. The end with the weather stripping plugs into the hole in the fleece bag and a clear garbage bag gets tied to the other end. It let me empty out the bag without making a mess doing it. It’s still a fairly slow process and you can never get it completely empty since dust always collects in the corners of the bag but it does work for the most part. If I can get the bags for a good price I’ll probably just charge them into the job and chuck them but they are such nice quality bags that it seems a shame to throw them out after one use too. I’ll try this a couple times and see how it goes.

Dan

danpattison.com

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

So what makes the fleece bag so much better than the paper bags. At 3 times the cost I am interested.

Doobie
    Pro

So this is the setup that I had mentioned before about making to empty the disposable fleece bags. Just a piece of PVC pipe with a ring of weather stripping. The end with the weather stripping plugs into the hole in the fleece bag and a clear garbage bag gets tied to the other end. It let me empty out the bag without making a mess doing it. It’s still a fairly slow process and you can never get it completely empty since dust always collects in the corners of the bag but it does work for the most part. If I can get the bags for a good price I’ll probably just charge them into the job and chuck them but they are such nice quality bags that it seems a shame to throw them out after one use too. I’ll try this a couple times and see how it goes.

When I did empty my paper bags, I used to just use a nozzle and suck them into my main central dust collector in the shop.

So what makes the fleece bag so much better than the paper bags. At 3 times the cost I am interested.

What I’ll be saying isn’t specific to the Bosch bags but a generalization:

Airflow and resistance to blockage. The synthetic material used for those bags (And generally vacuum bags of that category) basically has some self cleaning characteristics where the crud that collects on the inner most layer can “fall off” time to time. They’re also less restrictive on the airflow pathway of the vacuum. Paper bags can be either straight up paper or something like paper with some layers of an earlier version of the synthetic material used on synthetic bags. The latter with multiple layers before the paper lasts longer.

woodman_412

I ordered up a pack of the paper bags on amazon last night to give them a try. I want to see first hand how the bags are different with what I typically vacuum up.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I ordered up a pack of the paper bags on amazon last night to give them a try. I want to see first hand how the bags are different with what I typically vacuum up.

Good deal Dan, waiting to see how you like them.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro

Paper bags can be either straight up paper or something like paper with some layers of an earlier version of the synthetic material used on synthetic bags. The latter with multiple layers before the paper lasts longer.

I never knew that sort of multi layer paper bag existed. I wonder if my Festool paper bags for my older CT22 have that kind of multi layer. I’ve never busted one open.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Dan, I’m interested in hearing how you like them compared to the fleece bags. I’ve never used the fleece bags..the paper bags have always been sufficient for my uses, but perhaps the fleece bags have some merit.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

@doobie
    Sebo uses the multilayer synthetic material for their paper bags. Karcher offers them as well and I believe the Bosch vacuums are based off one of the Karcher vacuum designs. I attached an image of what these bags would look like if you sectioned one apart. You would be able to see the white synthetic material if you look right through the hole in the bag, usually there’s nothing blocking you from seeing the inner most layer.

@woodman_412
    If you receive your bags can you check if they have the white synthetic material in them like the picture?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 175 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.640 seconds