dcsimg

New Bosch Vacs vol 2

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 174 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Austin 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 175 total)
  • Author

woodman_412

Dan, I think for you being in peoples homes, it would be worth it to NOT have to say it isn’t a HEPA filter. If you know what I mean, or peal the HEPA ready sticker off.

But I think it’s a good thing to have.

Yeah I agree Brad. Some people wouldn’t care but others like my last clients were curious about it. I think I’ll probably pick up a HEPA filter and some paper bags for the next job. I just put a post on my facebook page about having the dust extraction and the benefits of it. Hoping that it will be a good selling point and work as marketing.

https://www.facebook.com/foxhollowwoodworking

Dan

danpattison.com

woodman_412

@thedude306 I noticed that you mentioned in the what are you saving up for thread that you’re planning to do an L4 for your Dust Deputy. Have you figured out how you’re going to go about grounding it? I’m really interested to see what you come up with for the whole setup.

Dan

danpattison.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I am just going to use foil tape on the plastic and then go with a wire from the L4 boxx to the vac. If you notice on the hose there is a grounding contact point inside the vac. I think that is the best place to go.

The DD kit I got from LV had the tape.

My only concern is getting and electrostatic hose to go from the DD to the vac. I haven’t found that important piece yet and I don’t think just wrapping the supplied hose with a wire is a good idea…

I won’t get on this project for a while as my dust collection needs on the house build are minimal at this point. 🙂

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Does having the HEPA filter really make the whole unit HEPA certified?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

yup. it’s all ready to go with the HEPA filter.

Brad T

woodman_412

I am just going to use foil tape on the plastic and then go with a wire from the L4 boxx to the vac. If you notice on the hose there is a grounding contact point inside the vac. I think that is the best place to go.

I was wondering if that’s what that metal pin was for. Sounds like you have a good plan for your L4 setup with the DD. Do you think using the DD standing alone and not on top of the vac would be a static concern at all? I’ve thought about just putting them separated side by side but haven’t yet.

Does having the HEPA filter really make the whole unit HEPA certified?

Yes if you install the HEPA filter the whole vac is certified. I was very impressed by all the seals that are installed on the vac even where the hose plugs into the front. Everything is well sealed up so that there is no leakage.

Dan

danpattison.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Do you think using the DD standing alone and not on top of the vac would be a static concern at all? I’ve thought about just putting them separated side by side but haven’t yet.

I think you would still need to ground the DD like they show in the manual to the vac. It zapped a lot with my rigid shop vac, I would assume the same using the Bosch. Just too many electronics in the Bosch to risk it. It shouldn’t be hard to ground out, it just won’t look as pretty.

Brad T

woodman_412

I still have the grounding kit that came with my DD that I’ve never used. It couldn’t really hurt much with my little shop vac so I never bothered. I’ll have to get the grounding kit rigged up if I’m going to use it with my Bosch vac then. Right now the DD is still hooked up to my shop vac and I use it mostly to connect to my portable table saw.

Dan

danpattison.com

Anytime you can tell a client you are using HEPA equipment inside their home I think they feel better about remodeling. Every little bit helps. Plastic, air filters, dust doors…they all show professionalism.

Edit:meant to quote the Hepa topic on the previous page.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

woodman_412

Anytime you can tell a client you are using HEPA equipment inside their home I think they feel better about remodeling. Every little bit helps. Plastic, air filters, dust doors…they all show professionalism.

Edit:meant to quote the Hepa topic on the previous page.

That’s true Andrew, I think I’ll pick up the HEPA before the next job. I wish it wasn’t so expensive though. Even the HEPA filter for the Festool vac is cheaper which surprises me. $132 in Canada for the Bosch HEPA.

Dan

danpattison.com

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

How often you change the filter ? I am wondering how you know it is the time to change the filter, would any error light pop up ?

woodman_412

How often you change the filter ? I am wondering how you know it is the time to change the filter, would any error light pop up ?

So far I’ve found that when you use the fleece bag the filter doesn’t really get dirty at all so filter cleaning/changing isn’t really much of an issue.

I did have a bit of an issue this week with my reusable fleece bag in my Bosch dust extractor. I don’t think I put the end clamp back on properly last time I emptied the bag and when I opened up the vac to empty the bag again the vac was full of dust inside when usually it’s nice and clean. The clamp had let go and the dust just flowed right out of the bag which also clogged the filter. I got everything cleaned up and the bag put back together properly and no issues since. It did make me appreciate just how big of a difference the fleece bags make to keep things tidy and the filter clean.

Dan

danpattison.com

So far I’ve found that when you use the fleece bag the filter doesn’t really get dirty at all so filter cleaning/changing isn’t really much of an issue.

I did have a bit of an issue this week with my reusable fleece bag in my Bosch dust extractor. I don’t think I put the end clamp back on properly last time I emptied the bag and when I opened up the vac to empty the bag again the vac was full of dust inside when usually it’s nice and clean. The clamp had let go and the dust just flowed right out of the bag which also clogged the filter. I got everything cleaned up and the bag put back together properly and no issues since. It did make me appreciate just how big of a difference the fleece bags make to keep things tidy and the filter clean.

Been there and done that before…it is a mess.

Orange County, CA

woodman_412

I bought one of the dust collector ivac switches recently along with the remote control and thought I would give it a try with my Bosch dust extractor today. I REALLY like using it with the dust extractor since I have control of it anywhere in the room and I can decide whether I want it shut off or stay running for the next cut. Also any issues with higher amp draws from bigger power tools running through the vac are avoided. I clipped the remote on the outer pocket of my Blaklader pants so it was super convenient to use. I had my extractor parked behind my MPT today when I was working which made the remote all the more useful since I didn’t have to walk around the table to turn it on or off.

Dan

danpattison.com

woodman_412

I picked up this brush at my local vacuum store yesterday to use with my Bosch dust extractor. I thought it would be a perfect size for vacuuming out cabinets when I finish up installation or vacuuming off my bench top or assembly table in my shop. There are a lot of times I find the round brush too small and the floor brush too big so this is right in the middle. Added it to my L1 of vac accessories that lives on top of the extractor. Has nice quality bristles on it and it’s made of quality plastic. The whole bristle unit slides off of it too if you want to use it for carpet or upholstery.

Dan

danpattison.com

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I picked up this brush at my local vacuum store yesterday to use with my Bosch dust extractor. I thought it would be a perfect size for vacuuming out cabinets when I finish up installation or vacuuming off my bench top or assembly table in my shop. There are a lot of times I find the round brush too small and the floor brush too big so this is right in the middle. Added it to my L1 of vac accessories that lives on top of the extractor. Has nice quality bristles on it and it’s made of quality plastic. The whole bristle unit slides off of it too if you want to use it for carpet or upholstery.

great idea Dan.
    Does it fit on the bosch hose or do you need an adapter?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

woodman_412

great idea Dan.

I use a metal adapter Alex that I bought at the same store last year. It lets me use standard 1 1/4″ accessories.

Dan

danpattison.com

great idea Dan.

I use a metal adapter Alex that I bought at the same store last year. It lets me use standard 1 1/4″ accessories.

Just needs a quick coat of paint to make it Bosch . How many different attachments you carry in the L-boxx .

Always willing to learn .

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Those bristle brushes are invaluable for cabinets or other finished surfaces. Just dont lend those brushes out. Some people dont car and will sweep up any thing with them, then you have a nasty brush that ends up scratching your finished surfaces.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Those bristle brushes are invaluable for cabinets or other finished surfaces. Just dont lend those brushes out. Some people dont car and will sweep up any thing with them, then you have a nasty brush that ends up scratching your finished surfaces.

Agreed…they are great. I bought the Bosch “plastic” kit that came with at round brush. It doesn’t leave marks on finished surfaces like the crevice tool can, so it gets used quite a bit.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 175 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.399 seconds