dcsimg

New Bosch Vacs vol 2

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 174 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Austin 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 175 total)
  • Author

woodman_412

Do you guys use a cyclone bucket attachment with the Bosch vac?

I haven’t yet but I might try it. I know that Brad does. So far I need the compact foot print and portability of the vac by itself more than the benefit of the Dust Duputy. The other thing is I find its a cleaner operation emptying the fleece bag in the vac than the DD bucket.

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Do you guys use a cyclone bucket attachment with the Bosch vac?

I haven’t yet but I might try it. I know that Brad does. So far I need the compact foot print and portability of the vac by itself more than the benefit of the Dust Duputy. The other thing is I find its a cleaner operation emptying the fleece bag in the vac than the DD bucket.

I use the dust deputy with my ridged 5hp one and boy has it saved me from washing filters.

woodman_412

I use the dust deputy with my ridged 5hp one and boy has it saved me from washing filters.

I use my Dust Deputy with my shop vac too and you’re right, they do a great job of keeping dust out of the vac filter. I had to clean my shop vac filter out today but it had been a long time since I had.

So far I’ve been finding that the fleece bag in the Bosch vac keeps pretty much all of the dust inside and it doesn’t make it to the filter. The filter cleaning feature doesn’t really seem to be needed when you use the fleece bag.

Dan

danpattison.com

ZACK
    Pro

Due to the lack of accessories for the Bosch Vac, I’m looking for sub for the fleece bag. Does anybody know if these shopvac bags will fit the Vac140 or Vac090?

http://www.lowes.ca/wet-dry-vacuums/shop-vac-56-83-l-disposable-filter-
    bag_g1196161.html?ProductSlot=39

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

@zack

I have found the best place for the bags in canada is through Amazon.ca

this is for 5 bags

http://www.amazon.ca/Bosch-VB090F-Fleece-Extractor-9-Gallon/dp/B00HUCUL82/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hi_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1JAQR4T6QNPMAR8A00ZK

there is also the reusable bag

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00HUCUL8C

No idea if those other bags would work.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Doobie
    Pro

For me, I must say I do prefer using disposable bags.

Open vac, remove bag, throw bag in trash, insert new bag, close vac, back to work. All the while, clean and tidy and all for the price of a sandwhich.

woodman_412

Well I was very pleased with my new Bosch vac working in the shop but after finishing this latest small kitchen reno job and working on site it is now an essential piece of equipment! I was able to set up right in the kitchen I was working in and do all my cutting, sanding and scribing right there rather than making trips back and forth outside like I used to. It saved so much time having dust extraction that is efficient and powerful enough to work right in someone’s home. Any dust that didn’t get extracted or was created drilling was quickly and easily cleaned up with the floor attachment for the vac. The clients were super impressed with the extraction system and they told me before I left that the kitchen was cleaner when I was done then when I started. Here are a couple pics of the setup I had with it on site. It has really transformed how I’m able to work on site.

Dan

danpattison.com

Welcome @zack to Bethepro .

For me, I must say I do prefer using disposable bags.

Open vac, remove bag, throw bag in trash, insert new bag, close vac, back to work. All the while, clean and tidy and all for the price of a sandwhich.

I believe in them to since my CT Midi . Such a big improvement over the dam dump in bag or bucket vacs .

Always willing to learn .

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Well I was very pleased with my new Bosch vac working in the shop but after finishing this latest small kitchen reno job and working on site it is now an essential piece of equipment! I was able to set up right in the kitchen I was working in and do all my cutting, sanding and scribing right there rather than making trips back and forth outside like I used to. It saved so much time having dust extraction that is efficient and powerful enough to work right in someone’s home. Any dust that didn’t get extracted or was created drilling was quickly and easily cleaned up with the floor attachment for the vac. The clients were super impressed with the extraction system and they told me before I left that the kitchen was cleaner when I was done then when I started. Here are a couple pics of the setup I had with it on site. It has really transformed how I’m able to work on site.

Nice set up

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@zack, welcome to BTP. You will find we are friendly bunch.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Dan so nice to hear that your client was happy with in house set up and it allowed you to get the job done faster and cleaner. Looks really nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Jummul
    Pro

This looks great. Attached to the jigsaw it almost looks like a festool set up.

ZACK
    Pro

Thanks for the link.

woodman_412

This looks great. Attached to the jigsaw it almost looks like a festool set up.

Yeah it’s sort of like a Bosch version of a Festool setup. With the l-boxx integration on the vac and all of my tools hooking up to the same connector on the end of the hose it makes a very nice system.

I think I might get some of the paper bags for the vac for working on site next time. I really like the fleece bag but it would be nice to have disposable for working on site since you end up sucking up random dirt and junk from peoples homes along with the wood dust. It would be nice to be able to just take the bag out and chuck it when I get home.

Dan

danpattison.com

The setup looks super versatile Dan! Whenever a client notices your work station and dust collection you know you have a winner!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

woodman_412

The setup looks super versatile Dan! Whenever a client notices your work station and dust collection you know you have a winner!

That’s exactly it Andrew. I figure that if I can impress clients with both the quality of my work and the clean and efficient setup I use then all the better chances of getting referrals. I think the vac will pay for itself both in time saved being able to work inside and people being impressed with the setup and telling other people.

I might get the HEPA filter at some point though. The client was asking me if it was a HEPA filter in the vac, probably because it says “HEPA Ready” on the side of it. Might be another selling feature to have a HEPA filter installed.

Dan

danpattison.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Great set up Dan and great feedback from your client. That’s always nice to here.

The bags switch out easily enough, so it’s not like you would have to throw away a 1/2 full paper bag. It’s a really nice step up with bags over just dumping a shop vac.

Probably a good call with the HEPA working in a clients house. I can’t hurt. I would swap it out as well if I was working outside or in my shop.

Brad T

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s exactly it Andrew. I figure that if I can impress clients with both the quality of my work and the clean and efficient setup I use then all the better chances of getting referrals. I think the vac will pay for itself both in time saved being able to work inside and people being impressed with the setup and telling other people.

Sounds like sound marketing Dan.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

I called Bosch today to register my two new FL12’s and while I was talking to the guy I asked if he knew what the filtration rating was on the standard filter that comes with the Bosch extractors. He put me on hold for about 10 min and went and checked into it for me and it turns out there is no rating. I knew there wasn’t one published in the specs but I was curious if Bosch knew what it was rated for. I appreciated him checking into it for me. I’m just curious to know how close to a HEPA rating the standard filter comes and is the difference in price worth it.

Dan

danpattison.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Dan, I think for you being in peoples homes, it would be worth it to NOT have to say it isn’t a HEPA filter. If you know what I mean, or peal the HEPA ready sticker off.

But I think it’s a good thing to have.

Brad T

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 175 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.749 seconds