dcsimg

New Bosch Vacs vol 2

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 174 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Austin 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 175 total)
  • Author

The old thread broke:
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/new-bosch-vacs/

I am sure there is lots more to be said about the Bosch vacs – 090a/s and 140a/s

John S

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Thanks John for catching that and opening the new thread. I am sure there will be more discussion on vacuums as OSHA starts to tighten up on air quality/dust issues.

From the ivinc.com website:

Crystalline Silica Standard

OSHA is looking to cut in half the permissible exposure limit (PEL) for crystalline silica. It contends that around 2.2 million workers are exposed to respirable crystalline silica while doing their jobs. These workers are mainly in the construction industry, but they also work in brick, concrete and pottery manufacturing, as well as operations using sand products, such as foundry work and oil and gas fracking.

OSHA wants to see the acceptable exposures reduced from around 100 micrograms of respirable crystalline silica per cubic meter of air (μg/m3), averaged over an eight-hour day, to a new PEL of 50 μg/m3. The same new PEL would apply to all industries it covers.

Read more about OSHA’s proposed rule.

At the end of the day, crystalline silica (a biproduct of sawing and drilling in concrete) is dangerous to the health of the workers on the site and the general public. If you work in concrete, make sure to follow all guidelines and wear protective gear as well as install proper dust removal apparatus to ensure a safe work environment.

For more on the new rules, click here.

Image courtesy of http://enr.construction.com

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Nice link Jim. It was only a matter of time before OSHA started cracking down on silica PEL in the workplace. In my opinion, it probably will not be long before we see stricter PEL’s on drywall dust and sawdust.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I think the OSHA reality is also coming north of the border. It’s will cause some pain but I think it will benefit all. Dust of all kinds can be such an issue.

Speaking of which, I ordered up another HEPA for the vac last week.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Question not sure if it was said . Had the Bosch vacuum ever been on the list . Not sure if was taken off list .,

Always willing to learn .

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That was an interesting read on the proposed guidlines. It makes sence, but I’m sure there will be friction with some that don’t want to spend the money on good dust collection.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

The silica dust rule will make a lot of changes and sell a lot of HEPA vacuum’s. It will add a lot of respirator certifications and dust control. I just ordered the Bosch dust collector for my rotary hammer to use on a project to control dust.

woodman_412

I think the OSHA reality is also coming north of the border. It’s will cause some pain but I think it will benefit all. Dust of all kinds can be such an issue.

Was that to replace the one that you lost with your old vac Brad? I’ve never been able to find the filter specs for the regular filter. I would really like to know what the micron rating is.

Dan

danpattison.com

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I might not mind some more restrictions. Some times when the masons run their gas saws to cut block inside the rest of us choke on it

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I might not mind some more restrictions. Some times when the masons run their gas saws to cut block inside the rest of us choke on it

Yeah that’s more than a bit annoying. It’s exponentially worse indoors. I wouldn’t be surprised to see encouragement to cut with water also. The dust level is much more tolerable when cutting wet.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Gwe use water whenever practicle when cutting concrete. Second choice is a vac and las is open dry cutting. I use a good mask when doing that.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Was that to replace the one that you lost with your old vac Brad? I’ve never been able to find the filter specs for the regular filter. I would really like to know what the micron rating is.

Yup, to replace mine that got “lost”

I’ve never found out either. I am using the DD with mine when I use the hepa. Up next is a L4 to put it on so I can attach it to the top of the vac.

Brad T

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yep VOCs and now dust. It will be expensive to comply once dust collection becomes mandatory and will include outdoors as well as indoors.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Jummul
    Pro

Is mandatory outdoor DC coming? Are you talking about concrete or other fields as well?

woodman_412

Yup, to replace mine that got “lost”

I’ve never found out either. I am using the DD with mine when I use the hepa. Up next is a L4 to put it on so I can attach it to the top of the vac.

Did you get compensated for the lost hepa filter Brad?

Do you always use the hepa or just for certain applications? Do you find any noticeable difference between it and the regular filter? I’ve been trying to decide if it’s worth it for me to get a hepa.

Dan

danpattison.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

nope. And I just got a call from Bosch and I forgot to mention it…I’ll have to call him back.

I only use it when routering/cutting MDF and for concrete. I would use it on tile/grout as well or any time I am in a house cutting (which isn’t very often).

I am using it with the fleece bag.

I can’t tell any difference, it’s just that one’s a true HEPA and I have no idea what the other one is. The inside of my vac with the fleece or paper bag always looks clean. Like brand new clean.

Brad T

woodman_412

I’m finding that the fleece bag seems to contain all the dust as well. There still isn’t any dust on the filter yet or inside the vac like you said. I’m really enjoying having the vac, it’s a game changer.

Dan

danpattison.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Is mandatory outdoor DC coming? Are you talking about concrete or other fields as well?

Man I hope so!!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I can see it at some point. They are regulating everything else, I wonder why they have not gotten to this.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Do you guys use a cyclone bucket attachment with the Bosch vac?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 175 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.099 seconds