dcsimg

New Bosch tools with bluetooth

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  58Chev 1 year ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Pro Tool Reviews has a video of them. Looks like the light comes out in January and the rest come in June, including the new (brushless?) grinder. The drills seem like they’re just connected versions of what the HDS183/HDH183.

Oh here we go with the bluetooth models. I wonder whatelse they gonna come out with bluetooth.is thenew grinder brushless. I hope it is

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Pro Tool Reviews has a video of them.

Looks like some new tools on the horizon. Can’t wait for more info.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

After watching This Old House the other day. I can see were some of this Blue Tooth stuff will have it’s advantages. (I have always been skeptical of the value of it to some point) They showed some of the features on the Bosch Relaxx saw. And how with the bluetooth you could limit who uses the saw. This could be a great way to keep only the people you want to use your saw or tools able to do so.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I think some of the Bluetooth connected stuff is a little gimmicky but some of it has its uses. This is only the beginning of this kind of tech. I am sure as time goes on we will find more and more uses for it.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Aside from modifying the LED light and soft start, where is the practicality in this? IMHO, it just seems like another feature to jack the price up,

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Aside from modifying the LED light and soft start, where is the practicality in this? IMHO, it just seems like another feature to jack the price up,

Disabling it so the wrong people can’t use it, tracking, adjusting the kickback sensitivity, setting for things like using a tap or not worring about overtighting fasteners. I am sure they will find even more uses.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

After watching This Old House the other day. I can see were some of this Blue Tooth stuff will have it’s advantages. (I have always been skeptical of the value of it to some point) They showed some of the features on the Bosch Relaxx saw. And how with the bluetooth you could limit who uses the saw. This could be a great way to keep only the people you want to use your saw or tools able to do so.

Limiting access to a tool like the Reaxx is a huge step in the right direction. Training is necessary for all power tools and the ability to allow only those with training to use those tools completes the circle.

Kudos to Bosch for this development.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without loss of enthusiasm.
    ...... Winston Churchill

Man I am glad I don’t work on some of your jobsites. I haven’t ever felt the need to limit the use of my tools on site. We work with the same subs and they are pros who respect other peoples stuff. Still haven’t seen a valid reason for the gimmicky features of this or OneKey.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Disabling it so the wrong people can’t use it, tracking, adjusting the kickback sensitivity, setting for things like using a tap or not worring about overtighting fasteners. I am sure they will find even more uses.

Yeah maybe, but haven’t we been getting along just fine without Bluetooth tools?

Still haven’t seen a valid reason for the gimmicky features of this or OneKey.

My thoughts exactly. I have no desire to lock tools.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Maybe we can have this thread and the following one amalgamated?

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/the-official-2017-new-bosch-tool-thread/

@dabbs
    @jponto07
    @jkirk

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New Bosch tools with bluetooth’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 0.552 seconds