dcsimg

New Bosch Tools Added Or Removed From The Redemption List Part 2

Viewing 7 posts - 101 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Author

So it’s just Bosch products that can be redeemed off the points list now . Was there any official response to the affect posted anywhere on site .

Always willing to learn .

Doobie

So it’s just Bosch products that can be redeemed off the points list now . Was there any official response to the affect posted anywhere on site .

For now, stick with the Bosch listed items.

There will be changes in the coming month or two, maybe a tad longer. Some of the existing other sponsors are gone, some are still potentially on board but likely with changes. I know that the Back Butter Buddy is no longer available for a few years now as I tried to redeem for a second one for myself and was told it was no longer available.

There’s a lot going on behind the scenes right now and yet to be decided that I will not discuss further beyond this post right now. Yes….we are no longer alone in the BTP universe. I’ve been working hard with new blood at Bosch on this. Confession over!

For anybody ‘thinking’ of redeeming for anything off the current list, I can’t say at this juncture whether to do so now for sure, but there will be changes coming. I still don’t know what direction they will take.

You have something you are already loaded up for now, think about pulling the trigger now or soon. Later, you may he SOL.

That’s all I can truly offer to you my friends. I just don’t want that discontent that happened in Sep of 2018 when the forum did a massive strategic points and rewards change without warning to roost again with what I saw as a mass exodus of members in short time, so here’s at least a semi-warning of changes to come.

My changing the points scheme a few months ago from 200/2000 daily to 300/3000 daily may be changed also. Enjoy it while it lasts, but curb the fluff, that’s heavily on the radar. I did that on my own to help offset the 2018 change, but nobody even recognized it anyways. It’s likely gone.

Members basically need to contribute actual content for the most part. Not in every post, but also not incessantly just post nothing but babble with no value or links to third party sources in excess just to garner points.

As Jim had it before, roughly 20-30% can be fluffish, but of the rest of your posts, they need to either really develop a conversation further with things beyond ‘At-A-Boy’, ‘ That’s cool!’, types of posts, or offer unique things you are dealing with and forget about telling the forum about your non-construction/reno/woodworking stuff in threads unless it is maybe on occasion something truly poingnant you want to vent/rant or simply show us, IF you deem yourself a valued contributor otherwise.

Think of the word ‘Reasonable’. If it doesn’t seem ‘reasonable’ to offer your ‘points grabber’ post with those guidelines in place as I described, then don’t do it.

I want to see this forum open to all ‘valued’ contributors. While this forum was originally designed to attract primarily only bonafide tradespersons, it morphed over the years to include proficient DIYers and also Woodworkers. As far as I’m concerned, Pro Trade members involved in construction and renovations are still by far the real nucleus of what should be the Captains of this forum and the DIYers/Woodworkers are welcome second lieutenants at best. Non-contributive members with little or nothing to show who incessantly abuse the system should be shown the door.

I actually put forward my status and membership telling Bosch I would gladly leave if they decided that the forum direction revert back to Pros only, which I recommended as a one of the courses of actions I suggested of revamp to this forum to bring back Pros. When it was Pros only, this forum flourished.

BTW, anybody capable of ‘Articles’ submissions, whether construction/DIY/Woodworking, please step forward. Those are most coveted than anything else for the future of the forum in conjunction with bringing back former and new pros into the mix. You’d be shocked at the numbers of ‘hits’ those ancient articles on the forum still attract online. They far surpass regular thread followings typically.

So there you have it. Act accordingly. The future is near!

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Sounds like something big is about to happen with BTP. Thanks for the heads up Doobie.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Sounds like something will change soon , thanks for the heads up and the work ,
    Speaking of those articles , I actually enjoyed reading through them , I also wondered how come they were never added to or updated ,

@Doobie Thank you for responding back with a detailed response . Hopefully the improvements are for the good of all members pro and non pro . Trying to Compete with other platforms in today’s social media for content and interaction is so hard with everything an app away .

Always willing to learn .

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Sounds like there are some changes on the horizon…Thanks @Doobie for keeping us all in the loop.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

For now, stick with the Bosch listed items.

There will be changes in the coming month or two, maybe a tad longer. Some of the existing other sponsors are gone, some are still potentially on board but likely with changes. I know that the Back Butter Buddy is no longer available for a few years now as I tried to redeem for a second one for myself and was told it was no longer available.

There’s a lot going on behind the scenes right now and yet to be decided that I will not discuss further beyond this post right now. Yes….we are no longer alone in the BTP universe. I’ve been working hard with new blood at Bosch on this. Confession over!

For anybody ‘thinking’ of redeeming for anything off the current list, I can’t say at this juncture whether to do so now for sure, but there will be changes coming. I still don’t know what direction they will take.

You have something you are already loaded up for now, think about pulling the trigger now or soon. Later, you may he SOL.

That’s all I can truly offer to you my friends. I just don’t want that discontent that happened in Sep of 2018 when the forum did a massive strategic points and rewards change without warning to roost again with what I saw as a mass exodus of members in short time, so here’s at least a semi-warning of changes to come.

My changing the points scheme a few months ago from 200/2000 daily to 300/3000 daily may be changed also. Enjoy it while it lasts, but curb the fluff, that’s heavily on the radar. I did that on my own to help offset the 2018 change, but nobody even recognized it anyways. It’s likely gone.

Members basically need to contribute actual content for the most part. Not in every post, but also not incessantly just post nothing but babble with no value or links to third party sources in excess just to garner points.

As Jim had it before, roughly 20-30% can be fluffish, but of the rest of your posts, they need to either really develop a conversation further with things beyond ‘At-A-Boy’, ‘ That’s cool!’, types of posts, or offer unique things you are dealing with and forget about telling the forum about your non-construction/reno/woodworking stuff in threads unless it is maybe on occasion something truly poingnant you want to vent/rant or simply show us, IF you deem yourself a valued contributor otherwise.

Think of the word ‘Reasonable’. If it doesn’t seem ‘reasonable’ to offer your ‘points grabber’ post with those guidelines in place as I described, then don’t do it.

I want to see this forum open to all ‘valued’ contributors. While this forum was originally designed to attract primarily only bonafide tradespersons, it morphed over the years to include proficient DIYers and also Woodworkers. As far as I’m concerned, Pro Trade members involved in construction and renovations are still by far the real nucleus of what should be the Captains of this forum and the DIYers/Woodworkers are welcome second lieutenants at best. Non-contributive members with little or nothing to show who incessantly abuse the system should be shown the door.

I actually put forward my status and membership telling Bosch I would gladly leave if they decided that the forum direction revert back to Pros only, which I recommended as a one of the courses of actions I suggested of revamp to this forum to bring back Pros. When it was Pros only, this forum flourished.

BTW, anybody capable of ‘Articles’ submissions, whether construction/DIY/Woodworking, please step forward. Those are most coveted than anything else for the future of the forum in conjunction with bringing back former and new pros into the mix. You’d be shocked at the numbers of ‘hits’ those ancient articles on the forum still attract online. They far surpass regular thread followings typically.

So there you have it. Act accordingly. The future is near!

Thanks Kevin for sharing this information. It is nice to hear you have been working behind the scenes with people from Bosch.

Hopefully the improvements are for the good of all members pro and non pro . Trying to Compete with other platforms in today’s social media for content and interaction is so hard with everything an app away .

I agree I hope the changes are good for all members. I guess we will find out in a few months.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Viewing 7 posts - 101 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.504 seconds