dcsimg

New Bosch Tools Added Or Removed From The Redemption List Part 2

This topic contains 41 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Its a good list, and better that they decided to leave it as-is for now than to suspend everything while they figure it out

Most definitely, it’s amazing that we are able to get some quality tools from Bosch,

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Its a good list, and better that they decided to leave it as-is for now than to suspend everything while they figure it out

Oh, I can agree with that. It’s really a very good list and while we can wish for more to be added, there is lots to choose from for sure.

https://www.instagram.com/woodiworkshop/

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Oh, I can agree with that. It’s really a very good list and while we can wish for more to be added, there is lots to choose from for sure.

Oh it is a really good list,, it boggles my mind.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Hey….here’s a thread they can likely just outright delete. Sigh!

Maybe at least ‘un-sticky’ it.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Sad, but you’re probably right :/

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

This might be a good idea. It looks like there could be a few things done. Like adding the new email. Since the points one doesn’t work anymore.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Maybe one day it will get used again 😀

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

We can only hope. I’ve run out of things to get on the current list myself. Those new 18V vacs would be nice to see added.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

May be we can use this as a wish list of what to add.

Or a note to others what has been discontinued, or perpetually on back order.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I certainly hope so , great way for Bosch to get feedback from testers

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Maybe one day it will get used again

I don’t know, with the new ProInsiders forum it seems like they’re actively looking for tool insight there in ways they never did here. They have all these surveys they take and then discusssions that they initiate on tool topics, so I am wondering if they don’t feel the need to utilize BTP for that kind of thing anymore :/ That would be a bummer for sure – this seems like such a good resource for them. But it could be the format is too sprawling for them to be able to comb through for pertinent info. I can’t imagine trying to search for a good enough sample size in all the comments here if you were looking for information on just one tool or product.

Charlie

Instagram

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Maybe one day it will get used again

I don’t know, with the new ProInsiders forum it seems like they’re actively looking for tool insight there in ways they never did here. They have all these surveys they take and then discusssions that they initiate on tool topics, so I am wondering if they don’t feel the need to utilize BTP for that kind of thing anymore :/ That would be a bummer for sure – this seems like such a good resource for them. But it could be the format is too sprawling for them to be able to comb through for pertinent info. I can’t imagine trying to search for a good enough sample size in all the comments here if you were looking for information on just one tool or product.

You bring up a great point about the searching through the comments and threads.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

this seems like such a good resource for them. But it could be the format is too sprawling for them to be able to comb through for pertinent info.

This.

There are too much overlaps in forums. Many forums are going dormant because it’s much easier to post in the job site talk forum then say plumbing electrical concrete forums. So trade discussions are always intermixed with five gallon bucket full of other stuff.

Plus for whatever reasons this site has a set of core posters but only 20 or so that post on a regular basis. I think they want a bigger number. Why did people leave this site?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

We can only hope. I’ve run out of things to get on the current list myself. Those new 18V vacs would be nice to see added.

that sure would be a nice addition

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Why did people leave this site?

The whole points scheme change in Sep 2016 sent a lot of guys packin’.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

this seems like such a good resource for them. But it could be the format is too sprawling for them to be able to comb through for pertinent info.

This.

There are too much overlaps in forums. Many forums are going dormant because it’s much easier to post in the job site talk forum then say plumbing electrical concrete forums. So trade discussions are always intermixed with five gallon bucket full of other stuff.

Plus for whatever reasons this site has a set of core posters but only 20 or so that post on a regular basis. I think they want a bigger number. Why did people leave this site?

Just had a look at the intro page for Bosch Pro Insiders; available to US residents only.

https://www.instagram.com/woodiworkshop/

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I joined in 2016. I didn’t post alot in the beginning.

You believe they left due to the new point scheme?

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I joined in 2016. I didn’t post alot in the beginning.

You believe they left due to the new point scheme?

Absolutely. It was arguably implemented to deal with curtailing all the nonsense fluff being posted, but it also inadvertently purged a lot of members. Some were just non-contributing points grabbers anyways, but others are sorely missed pros who I’m sure was the last straw with many of them who didn’t care for all the non-pros that had been allowed on the forum over the years as well.

The points increases for what things cost to redeem for, of what was up to 50% more in some cases, was just too much all at once for some to digest. I myself believe that had they just lowered the max points per day amount one can earn and not touched or only marginally changed points/prize costs, there would be a lot more active members here today.

One thing that I’m sure also miffed a lot of members was to not warn of the impending points increase costs, or at least to just allow a window of time to request prizes under the old points redemption costs. Especially with such a huge increase, I was shocked, as I’m sure others were as well, of which many showed their displeasure via never posting again on BTP almost immediately.

I think the idea of doing it that way was to avoid a massive amount of work in dealing with a flood of redemption requests, but it also had an unintended undesired effect as well with pissing off a lot of members in return who just walked out the door. That, in my humble opinion, is likely the single biggest catalyst of members leaving back then.

Nobody would openly say anything about all this on the forum at that time when that bomb was dropped on us, but now with it so far removed, nothing wrong with letting anybody at Bosch who reads this forum know what we understood of what happened at this point and what we perceived of it.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

as one of the longest tenured members here as well as one of the moderators… i will attest that many people did actually leave when the points system changed. they didnt technically shut down their accounts that im aware of they simply went dorment

from what i understand the point system was changed because it was believed have changed do to be taken advantage of. many members were making extremely short posts that did nothing to contribute to any given thread.. they responded with nothing more than a single sentence and this was simply to attain points.. there was some bickering and fighting amongst members too , each post they again gained points..

either way these issues were dealt with by the previous administrator who did a hell of a job and tended to these forums daily if not every other day.. something which is sorely missed

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Thank you Kevin and jkirk for the history and back story.

Looking at the pinned thread up above celebrating BTP getting it’s 10000 members, around 2016, it’s clearly not the site it once was.

Perhaps it was a mis-calculation to abruptly change the point requirements, clearly they were struggling with having a popularly trafficed site with lots of fluff postings standing on the foundation of free stuff giveaways. Looking at the various attempts I read about like max daily points, higher redemption requirements, and all the heated exchanges, they were trying to get that under control and inevitably it came across as censorship and pulling the rug out from under some. You can also argue that if free tools are the main objective then those members are not needed, but it’s the execution of how you nuture the group of people that counts at the end.

Ultimately it is what Bosch wants from this site. To me the name BeThePro seems to suggest it wants a group of DIYers who wants to be like the pros, learn from the pros, work smarter like the pros, and use best practices and efficient tools like the pros. Which is different from CT which is exclusively pros. May be its Bosch attempt to attract DIYers and prosumers.

When I found this site I was confused as hell. I got most of my tools stolen and was searching for a new start and wanted in depth tool discussion. I saw dozens of youtube videos but something was missing. So the tool sub forum was the main reason I joined up. To me the other forums were more like space fillers, yet there are lots of good stuff in other forums once you dig in and drill deeper.

Now we know why many guys left. The question is why there isn’t a lot of new members joining up to keep the place hopping? Is it because this place is too intimidating because it does have a club or neighborhood bar feel to it?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.756 seconds