dcsimg

New Bosch ProCore 18V batteries

This topic contains 90 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 10 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 91 total)
  • Author

Rovik
    Pro

@montreal_woodworks
    True, good point, but I can honestly say that bosch have some of the better batteries in the cordless industry,
    We recycled plenty of cordless tool batteries, and by far, Bosch battery packs seems to outlast the competition,
    I think they want to put out a solid reliable battery, then put out the tools to use with them? Don’t know, that’s just my thoughts
    And from what I have seen over the years at the shop.
    After seeing the new core batteries,
    I’m hoping that they can release newer tools that will benefit from the core packs.

Even better than milwaukee batteries?

Norway

@montreal_woodworks
    True, good point, but I can honestly say that bosch have some of the better batteries in the cordless industry,
    We recycled plenty of cordless tool batteries, and by far, Bosch battery packs seems to outlast the competition,
    I think they want to put out a solid reliable battery, then put out the tools to use with them? Don’t know, that’s just my thoughts
    I’m hoping that they can release newer tools that will benefit from the core packs.

Right now, yes. Bosch use the current best compact cell type (20700 li-ion cells) instead of the more common 18650 cells. Some others are starting to use 20700 as well (dewalt’s 9.0ah Flexvolt does as do the new Festools) and Bosch is already moving to the 21700 which is (as far as I know) only being used in high end robotics and in newer Tesla products

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Right now, yes.

Good to know Bosch is on the cutting edge with battery tech.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

@montreal_woodworks

Right now, yes. Bosch use the current best compact cell type (20700 li-ion cells) instead of the more common 18650 cells. Some others are starting to use 20700 as well (dewalt’s 9.0ah Flexvolt does as do the new Festools) and Bosch is already moving to the 21700 which is (as far as I know) only being used in high end robotics and in newer Tesla products

That gives us a good feeling that our loyalty to the brand is justified. It makes sense that battery technology goes ahead of tool development.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@montreal_woodworks

That gives us a good feeling that our loyalty to the brand is justified. It makes sense that battery technology goes ahead of tool development.

that’s pretty much how i feel about Bosch , that is one of the reasons i got into the Bosch cordless line up way back with the ni-cads ,

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Right now, yes. Bosch use the current best compact cell type (20700 li-ion cells) instead of the more common 18650 cells.

Does bosch use the Panasonic cells?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Right now, yes. Bosch use the current best compact cell type (20700 li-ion cells) instead of the more common 18650 cells.

CORE18V 6.3Ah is 20700 from Panasonic
    CORE 2gen – 4.0ah and 8.0Ah are 21700 from various mfg

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Nice to know.

Will

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Nice to know.

I assume the 12ah battery will also have cells from various mfg.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Isn’t there like only 3or4 cell manufactures? Panasonic, Samsung and LG, BYD.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@montreal_woodworks

I haven’t seen this thread before – and I had no idea about the new 21700’s…that’s awesome! Do we know yet when the new higher Ah Core batteries will be available here?

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie
    Pro

Speaking of battery tech….I saw this show on TV about a month ago, think it was on Nova or something, where they were showing how flamable and dangerous lithium can be. They also showed how some guy, all on his own initially, had developed a plastic medium for the insides of lithium batteries and guess what…..you can pierce and mash them a whole lot and no fire or explosive reaction and they still continue to work.

https://www.sciencefriday.com/articles/the-plastic-battery-that-doesnt-explode/

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@montreal_woodworks

I haven’t seen this thread before – and I had no idea about the new 21700’s…that’s awesome! Do we know yet when the new higher Ah Core batteries will be available here?

That would be awesome, hopefully we see them here soon,

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Speaking of battery tech….I saw this show on TV about a month ago, think it was on Nova or something, where they were showing how flamable and dangerous lithium can be. They also showed how some guy, all on his own initially, had developed a plastic medium for the insides of lithium batteries and guess what…..you can pierce and mash them a whole lot and no fire or explosive reaction and they still continue to work.

https://www.sciencefriday.com/articles/the-plastic-battery-that-doesnt-explode/

That’s supposed to be the next technology, solid state battery technology, extremely safe, and super fast charge time.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

.you can pierce and mash them a whole lot and no fire or explosive reaction and they still continue to work.

Interesting technology, hope it lives up t the claim.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I don’t want to give any hopes, so I will just throw this stuff into the room
    In germany the new core generation should hit the market sometimes this year, actually september. I assume NA will see this 3 to 4 month later.
    Perhaps for world of concrete?

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

the new core generation should hit the market sometimes this year, actually september.

Nice the upgrade to the CORE will be great.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Nice, those should be a great addition, along with the 12 ah one you mentioned here also, looking forward to hearing and seeing more about the new generation core battery packs.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Nice, those should be a great addition, along with the 12 ah one you mentioned here also, looking forward to hearing and seeing more about the new generation core battery packs.

I am more anxious about the tools dedicated for these bats 😛

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I don’t want to give any hopes, so I will just throw this stuff into the room
    In germany the new core generation should hit the market sometimes this year, actually september. I assume NA will see this 3 to 4 month later.
    Perhaps for world of concrete?

That sounds about right. Or Christmas…I’d like that better, lol!

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.520 seconds