dcsimg

New Bosch ProCore 18V batteries

This topic contains 90 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Author

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

I can understand the attraction to FlexVolt as I now own a few and some 20V DeWalt. I got started with he 7 ¼ 20v miter saw and the 20v vac. Then flexvolt sidewinder and the track saw. I love my core batteries and can’t wait to get some of the ProCore some day. I have a use for the mid and small ProCore right now but would need different tools to go with that massive one. I wonder what tools they’ll be making for that largest one? I’d love to see cordless dust collection. I doubt I’ll be replacing my DeWalt saws anytime soon but would love to see some updated Bosch options.

j

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I can understand the attraction to FlexVolt as I now own a few and some 20V DeWalt. I got started with he 7 ¼ 20v miter saw and the 20v vac. Then flexvolt sidewinder and the track saw. I love my core batteries and can’t wait to get some of the ProCore some day. I have a use for the mid and small ProCore right now but would need different tools to go with that massive one. I wonder what tools they’ll be making for that largest one? I’d love to see cordless dust collection. I doubt I’ll be replacing my DeWalt saws anytime soon but would love to see some updated Bosch options.

We will see a table saw, rotary hammer, track saw, miter saw

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

A cordless table saw?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

A cordless table saw?

That’s what I thought, I have been seeing metabo coming out with some of those, the table saw looks nice.
    A cordless track saw and the miter saw will be great.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

That would be nice. But I doubt it will be anytime soon.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Rovik
    Pro

I’m sure there will be a Bosch 18v track saw soon. Then i don’t need my corded one anymore.

Norway

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

The possibilities for tools for the new batteries are really exciting. Saws, grinders, drills, routers could all use the power and the run time.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Track saw and miter saw I would be quite interested in, table saw – not so much.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

A cordless table saw?

yup that’s right Bill
    about time that they do that haha, but it will still take some patience until we see it on the market.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

A cordless table saw?

yup that’s right Bill
    about time that they do that haha, but it will still take some patience until we see it on the market.

Your probably right about that, another tool I would like to see hit the market from Bosch, a cordless chainsaw, plus maybe some of the garden tools to hit north America.

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Awesome! It is kind of a bummer that other brands have already had these types of tools on the market in North America and bosch still hasn’t released them yet. At least if I ever wear mine out I’ll be able to replace them with Bosch in the future.

j

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i wouldnt say dewalt has everything in a cordless model.. they have a bunch of stuff yes spread out amongst 4 of their 18v and 60v platform…. makita is the leader when it comes to having the most 18v tools..

bosch stated that they do have a cordless mitre saw and table saw in develepment over in europe.. very early stages i believe.. as for a tracksaw as far as i know there are no plans for one as of yet.. maybe thats why the corded one is coming out to see what kind of response it gets

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

bosch stated that they do have a cordless mitre saw and table saw in develepment over in europe.

That would be cool. I also think to myself “Seriously?, how hard can it be to put a different motor and a couple of slots for batteries? There can’t be that much engineering to take an existing product and re-power it.”

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

as for a tracksaw as far as i know there are no plans for one as of yet.. maybe thats why the corded one is coming out to see what kind of response it gets

The corded track saw is coming to NA, that’s right.
    Bosch has a cordless track saw in development, it will hit europe first 😛

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

bosch stated that they do have a cordless mitre saw and table saw in develepment over in europe.

That would be cool. I also think to myself “Seriously?, how hard can it be to put a different motor and a couple of slots for batteries? There can’t be that much engineering to take an existing product and re-power it.”

You are right JDO.
    On the other hand, back in the day Bosch already had a cordless miter saw on the market (Ni-Cad version), so they basic is already there.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

In this day and age I don’t see this as a smart marketing decision. There are already cordless track saws on the market, why would I buy a corded one?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

In this day and age I don’t see this as a smart marketing decision. There are already cordless track saws on the market, why would I buy a corded one?

Agreed. Not sure it will do all that well in today’s market?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

You are right JDO.
    On the other hand, back in the day Bosch already had a cordless miter saw on the market (Ni-Cad version), so they basic is already there.

I remember that one, I think it was the 24 volt Ni-Cad,
    If I can get the tools in cordless, that’s my first option,

I have to say, that while the Core 6.3ah battery is a huge upgrade over the older series, Bosch didnt really DO anything with it. No new 18v tools to really take advantage.

Now, the ProCore look to be even better. Maybe they will have some new stuff to launch – a Track saw would be nice, as would the new cordless Vacuums (I ordered the GAS18v10L from the UK recently)

The big question I have is: Why did they bother to release the 6.3ah Core at all? That was a big marketing push that sort of fizzled since there was nothing else to use that momentum.

DeWalt came out with the FlexVolt – then they launched a bunch of really cool tools that use it, including some that normally would not be battery powered. Makita did the same with their LXT X2 setup. Festool with their Hybrid Cordless/Corded. But Bosch had a battery that lets us get another couple of years of decent use from the existing tools. It just bumped obsolescence down the road a bit

I really dont get it.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@montreal_woodworks
    True, good point, but I can honestly say that bosch have some of the better batteries in the cordless industry,
    We recycled plenty of cordless tool batteries, and by far, Bosch battery packs seems to outlast the competition,
    I think they want to put out a solid reliable battery, then put out the tools to use with them? Don’t know, that’s just my thoughts
    And from what I have seen over the years at the shop.
    After seeing the new core batteries,
    I’m hoping that they can release newer tools that will benefit from the core packs.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.535 seconds