dcsimg

New Bosch ProCore 18V batteries

This topic contains 64 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  smallerstick 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 65 total)
  • Author

Rovik
    Pro

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Any bets that these will be released at the WOC this year?

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it muffles the sound.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

BINGO. Man I am just getting ready to get some CORE batteries and something new comes out. Of course that biggest one looks to be the size of a car battery and not sure I’d want that thing hanging off my tool all day.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

BINGO. Man I am just getting ready to get some CORE batteries and something new comes out. Of course that biggest one looks to be the size of a car battery and not sure I’d want that thing hanging off my tool all day.

Figures. lol
    They got to do something to keep up with the comp.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Right on good thread @rovik

Bill I think the biggest one is probably going to be specific for hopefully table, miter, track saw and the like of more cordless tools getting released, fingers crossed.
    And me to, I’m hoping to start adding some core battery packs to my line up.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

What’s the difference between this battery and the Core they released last year?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

What’s the difference between this battery and the Core they released last year?

the current core has 20700 cells and the new ProCore has 21700 cells. We might see new tools like cordless table saw, mitersaw, tracksaw, demohammer, rotary hammer?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Hangman
    Pro

With 4 of the 6.3ah Core batteries I’m holding out for these even larger capacity beauts! Can’t wait to see what they power, that 12ah is what my eyes are set upon!

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

Wow that packs some serious power, and in some cases weight but it does allow for a lot more cordless tool options, so I for one hope to see some more Bosch tools come out. Here’s hoping that they all end up in the North American market as well.

Will

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Wow that packs some serious power, and in some cases weight but it does allow for a lot more cordless tool options, so I for one hope to see some more Bosch tools come out. Here’s hoping that they all end up in the North American market as well.

those batteries are coming to NA and we will see a bunch of new tools for those larger batteries 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

those batteries are coming to NA and we will see a bunch of new tools for those larger batteries 😛

Looks like it will be an exciting year.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@smallerstick I think you are right about a exciting year Peter,

@hangman yeah I’m lol forward to seeing what they can power, must be some pretty good tools coming out this year.

I haven’t yet tried those core battery packs yet, but am impressed with the 4ah Bosch battery packs, So I can just imagine the possibility with the new battery packs.

Hangman
    Pro

Indeed @boschmanbrian the 4ah batteries are great, also the 5-6ah versions. The core batteries outshine what was already a good thing. Most of the tools know they have a bigger reservoir of power to draw from, they are eager to engage. Really can hear and feel the difference in performance, everything is smoother.

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Indeed @boschmanbrian the 4ah batteries are great, also the 5-6ah versions. The core batteries outshine what was already a good thing. Most of the tools know they have a bigger reservoir of power to draw from, they are eager to engage. Really can hear and feel the difference in performance, everything is smoother.

Thanks, I know you have been using the core in the IDH182 and jigsaw, how do you find the balance with the core in the jigsaw,

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It seems like everyone scrambling to catch DeWalt and their FlexVolt battery.. It looks like they have a lock on the market.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It seems like everyone scrambling to catch DeWalt and their FlexVolt battery.. It looks like they have a lock on the market.

Good point. Most guys when selecting just one platform are choosing DeWalt for 2 reasons, the Flex-Volt and tool availability. Seems like they have a cordless tool for everything.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Good point. Most guys when selecting just one platform are choosing DeWalt for 2 reasons, the Flex-Volt and tool availability. Seems like they have a cordless tool for everything.

Looking at trade shows and other sales events, DeWalt has a huge presence everywhere you go.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Looking at trade shows and other sales events, DeWalt has a huge presence everywhere you go.

Very true, you even see them often on HGTV renovation shows, they definitely do have a wide range of tools

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

I was surprised to see Bosch 6ah batteries marked down at a place today. Maybe this is why.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

DeWalt has a huge presence everywhere you go.

DeWalt is huge here also, One big reason is the on island service center and for big companies they will bring out replacement tools and pick up repair tools.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.431 seconds