dcsimg

New Bosch Heated Jacket Product Reviews

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

I don’t think it’s a womens.?! I thought maybe a Canuck thing as I have a CCM zip up hoodie with a left zip.

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

Love the large side pockets!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmmm, Is it reversible? Maybe you have it on inside out LOL…. I’m interested to hear what you think of it after you load test it.

Normal zipper that I recall. Not at the coat to verify but my memory says normal right side zipper.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Brendan
    I would be willing to take that woman’s jacket off your hands. I’ll even pay for shipping 🙂

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Lon, I’ll bet you would remember cuz it would have felt really awkward

Anonymous
    Inactive

Brendan<br>
    I would be willing to take that woman’s jacket off your hands. I’ll even pay for shipping :)

Lmao 🙂

I am interested in learning more about this and hearing more impressions. I really like the look of this jacket.

Orange County, CA

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

I can not believe how well this jacket holds heat in. I wore it this morning with just a t-shirt and no heating. It was 43F and I had to unzip it half way after about a half hour of just sitting. Very well constructed and comfortable! It is a hellofa sharp looking jacket too!
    Looking forward to wearing it on cold WISCO mornings!

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

Brendan<br>
    I would be willing to take that woman’s jacket off your hands. I’ll even pay for shipping :)

Not a chance Jim. I don’t mind the left zip at all, just found it interesting. Other guys who have it find the same thing?

Attachments:

That is odd with the left/right zipper. Not sure why that happens. I have a running jacket that is opposite most of my other jackets. I wonder if it is just a mistake or intentional. I suppose it really does not matter as long as the jacket zips.

I agree that it is a sharp looking garment.

Orange County, CA

Interesting to know it is a left zipper. Strange/curious/interesting.

But Brendan – that is really impressive that it worked as well as it did at 43. That definitely gives me some hope that it would genuinely be worthwhile here in the Twin Cities as well

John S

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

John, I am super impressed with how well it keeps heat in. Also, you can not feel the elements and their heat from the outside. ALL of the heat stays in the jacket. Being from Minnesnowta, I know what cold is:-) and I think this jacket will be replacing my heavier less sleek looking jackets. Only problem is that it is so nice I am worried about wearing it as a work jacket. I suppose once i get the “first dent” out of the way I will wear it ALL the time.

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

Picture from Bosch site shows a left zipper too. See Jim, it’s not a womens:-)

Attachments:
    FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

A heated collar could be worked into the next model? Keeping the back of your neck warm is key. I wear a hoodie from oct-march 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I guess it doesn’t matter about the zipper as long as the jacket keeps you warm, Thanks for the update so far Brendan. It is a very neat jacket. Enjoy!

A heated collar could be worked into the next model? Keeping the back of your neck warm is key. I wear a hoodie from oct-march :-)

A heated collar could be interesting for sure. But why not just do the whole hoodie thing? I guess that it looks less professional… but there comes a point at which being warm > looking a certain way.

John S

Attachments:

Checking in with my initial thoughts about the jacket. Thanks BeThePro for giving me the opportunity to test it out!

I had been eyeing the Milwaukee heated jackets for about a year, but hadn’t pulled the trigger. I was afraid the novelty of a heated jacket would quickly fade. Just as the temps were dropping I gott the good word that I would have the opportunity to test one of the new Bosch heated jacket. Needless to say I have been bending a lot of ears at work, a shop with a lot of Milwaukee tool fans.

Out of the box: It doesn’t look like a heated jacket! It looks like a high end sporty coat. The built in reflectors give the otherwise all black jacket some visual interest. You might not see it in the pictures, but the stitching is done in light gray giving the jacket a subtle outline. The logo is understated and unobtrusive. I really like the heat setting push button just above the Bosch logo that changes color depending on the heat setting. Only complaint here is that it is hard to see what setting in mid-day direct light without cupping my hand over it.

The jacket is too nice to wear while doing dirty work. I could see myself wearing this while meeting with customers and then afterwards out for dinner. I say this not because I don’t think it would hold up to the abuse – I think it would hold up just fine – it’s just that it one of the nicest jackets I have worn. It gives the wearer a clean and professional appearance. The design, material selection and assembly are top notch. No lose threads or loose stitches anywhere – believe me I looked!

I would call this a medium weight jacket, reserving heavy weight for a full on down parka. It was 45F when I first tried the heat. The jacket is warm to begin with, but with the added heat on the back and each side of the chest it was toasty. As soon as I sat down and leaned back, I realized how hot the heating pad could get. I can’t wait to try it below freezing.

As others have already noted, the heating elements are thin and flexible. If you aren’t feeling around for them you won’t notice them. The definitely are not visible when someone is wearing the jacket.

The guys at work couldn’t believe it was a heated jacket. Several commented it looked higher end than the Milwaukee. That’s saying a lot coming from die hard Milwaukee fans!

So far I really like this jacket . . . more to come.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man it was hott here today

In the mid-80’s here…starting to feel a little chilly…

Orange County, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘New Bosch Heated Jacket Product Reviews’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.882 seconds