dcsimg

New Bosch Heated Jacket Product Reviews

• This topic has 1,002 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author

PaulRoberts wrote:
    Voltage is what matters. Amp hours is a measure of capacity. In other words how long the battery can keep feeding power at nominal voltage.
    Thanks, that answers a lot for me. So would it be double the amount of time of a 2Ah?

This is a great explanation, I’ve always thought that was correct. It’s weird though cuz some tests we’ve had on here claim the 4.0 puts out more power, Like in a drill but I’ve never agreed with it. I guess it’s because the 4.0 produces 12v longer compared to a 2.0, But one of the tests were with two freshly charged batteries and the difference was immediate.

Either way it’s assuring me that rigging up a ciggy plug directly to the cord on the jacket should be fine.Do you concur? @PaulRoberts

Amp hours is a measure of capacity, but if the load needs to draw more amps (IE, driving long screws into hardwood), a higher rated amp hour battery will typically be able to supply higher number of amps. So this is where the discussion comes in that a 4Ah battery provides more “power” than a 2Ah battery. At a nominal load, a 2Ah battery will last half as long as a 4Ah battery.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I understand, kinda like my idea of plugging it into a ciggy lighter LOL. One thing with it that really worries me is it wouldn’t always be putting out 12v exactly, It could be a bit more. I need to put a meter on the Bosch battery and see what it does, Then decide if I need to incorporate a voltage regulator somehow

Haha, if you do anything like that it didn’t happen unless you took pictures lol. Also, don’t set yourself on fire please 😀

A Working Pro since 2004

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Hahaha nope not home yet but it’s getting close, Sometime next week I’ll close up camp. My jacket will be here tonight so I’ll get to test it out……IF it fits, If not I’ll just have to put it back in the box to exchange it..Or give it to Ron

It’s gonna fit I have faith. What size did you end up ordering Dabbs?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hahaha nope not home yet but it’s getting close, Sometime next week I’ll close up camp. My jacket will be here tonight so I’ll get to test it out……IF it fits, If not I’ll just have to put it back in the box to exchange it..Or give it to Ron

LOL Hi Ron, I’ll bet you’re very interested in what size I got 🙂 ……….I got the large, Hope it’ll fit ya. I’ll know tonight if it’s yours or not Haahahaha

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’m in the same boat. Hoping the Large size fits or is adaptable to the layers I may need.

A Working Pro since 2004

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m in the same boat. Hoping the Large size fits or is adaptable to the layers I may need.

If yours doesn’t fit send it to Ron too, Maybe he can make two of them work out for him 🙂 ……….I can’t wait to see it, It’ll show up any minute now WooHoo!!

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Congrats and enjoy Dabbs, you earned it for sure. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it when you get to try it out!

A Working Pro since 2004

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Congrats Dabbs, I hope it fits too. That’s always the thing with online garment ordering.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Dabbs hope it all works out and you get your heated jacket.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Congrats Dabbs, I hope it fits too. That’s always the thing with online garment ordering.

Yup, I think when I get one, I will go with the arm measurement guide. Did you get it yet @Dabbs?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I got it YIPPEE!! It’s very neat but a bit sloppy fitting in the chest for me, I’ve got it on right now and the back heater is great but I don’t feel the front ones very well because of the loose fit. I think I’ll ‘pay it forward’ with this one and order a medium for me, Sorry Ron but I gave it to a big chested woman 🙂 ….Maybe next time

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yup, I think when I get one, I will go with the arm measurement guide. Did you get it yet @Dabbs?

I also found a label on the plastic sack it came in that says a Large = a 41″ chest, I just measured me and it’s like 40″ so that should be about right but I want to try a medium and decide from there. Maybe I’m making a mistake but I think it should fit kinda tight, I can always exchange it for a large again if need be

Also the USB option on the adaptor won’t charge my phone, But it does charge my Blueteeth receiver. Weird but that’s ok too

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Thatwill wear a jacket wild is interesting Boyd. I guess I will just have to live with a loose chest in the jacket. It is either that or short arms. There is No way that I will wear a jacket with short arms.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thatwill wear a jacket wild is interesting Boyd. I guess I will just have to live with a loose chest in the jacket. It is either that or short arms. There is No way that I will wear a jacket with short arms.

I think you’ll be fine with the arm length, In fact they were a bit long for my likings. That’s another reason I’d like to try a smaller size

Congrats @Dabbs, you are one step closer to the proper jacket. Did you try on your coat with a sweater on?

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I got it YIPPEE!! It’s very neat but a bit sloppy fitting in the chest for me, I’ve got it on right now and the back heater is great but I don’t feel the front ones very well because of the loose fit. I think I’ll ‘pay it forward’ with this one and order a medium for me, Sorry Ron but I gave it to a big chested woman :) ….Maybe next time

I can’t say that I blame you. Got to be a good feeling making a big chested woman happy. lol

What size jacket do you normally wear Dabbs?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Congrats @Dabbs, you are one step closer to the proper jacket. Did you try on your coat with a sweater on?

No, All I had on was a T-shirt. That was probably stupid but I figured the more clothes ya have on under it the less you’d feel the heaters. I may be looking at it all wrong

Anonymous
    Inactive

I got it YIPPEE!! It’s very neat but a bit sloppy fitting in the chest for me, I’ve got it on right now and the back heater is great but I don’t feel the front ones very well because of the loose fit. I think I’ll ‘pay it forward’ with this one and order a medium for me, Sorry Ron but I gave it to a big chested woman :) ….Maybe next time

I can’t say that I blame you. Got to be a good feeling making a big chested woman happy. lol

What size jacket do you normally wear Dabbs?

Yeah warm is happy 🙂 ……. Good question LOL, I’m thinking Large to XLarge depending………I would prefer a short & round but they just don’t label them like that LOL

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Nothing worse than short arms lol. I have average arms so I’m pretty lucky with that normally.

I’m not sure either how I will be layering clothing with the jacket yet to make it suitable for extreme cold and average cold temps.

A Working Pro since 2004

I would love to have a heated jacket for the installs in the winter.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘New Bosch Heated Jacket Product Reviews’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.367 seconds