dcsimg

New Bosch Heated Jacket Product Reviews

This topic contains 1,002 replies, has 59 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Boyd Dabbs 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BeThePro Staff
    bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

As many of you are aware, Bosch just released a brand new heated jacket. We gave five forum members free jackets, and in return asked them to give an honest review of the jacket. Feel free to ask them any questions you may have about the heated jacket on this forum topic.

Bosch is one of the sponsors of BTP and periodically asks us to select BTP members to test new (and existing) products. If you haven’t joined the forum yet, register today and you may be selected as a future product tester for products from any of our sponsors.

Aaron

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

The heated jacket finally arrived today. I will go through some first impressions I have.

1.) Love the look and cut of the jacket. It is a performance cut so that there is nothing baggy hanging off the jacket. I am a stocky 6′ 1 1/2″ tall and the XL fits me slightly snug but just the way I would want it.

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

2.) The 12V battery system is as small as they could possible make it. Just larger than the battery itself.

I have tested the USB and it does charge an Iphone.

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

3.) The power button is really slick. You actually press the flame button/logo on the left chest. When you select the setting it glows that color.

Red – High
    Green – Medium
    Blue – Low

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I will get in to much more detail with the jacket once I am able to give it a run in the cold. As I promised I will also be taking temp readings at each level.

Jason — that is awesome!!! Really looking forward to your review. The power switch and lights are cool. This is a really nice looking jacket too.

Orange County, CA

Profile photo of BRENDAN
    FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

That glowing logo looks pretty sweet!

Great review so far Jason! I would love to know your thoughts on what temps you find the jacket ideal for…!

John S

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

John, my initial observation about the operating temp is that you would be plenty warm on a midwest fall day with no heat on. The jacket seems to have a good deal of insulation built right in.

That is good to know. Jason – can you elaborate a little on the wiring — is it well padded and does it just feel like a normal jacket or can you feel any wiring while wearing?

Orange County, CA

Profile photo of BRENDAN
    FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

Jason, I have a newer North Face fleece. Would you compare the shell of the Bosch to that at all?

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

The shell on the Bosch seems to be a solid material that would repel water and wind. It reminds me of a wind-stopper northface coat.

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

That is good to know. Jason – can you elaborate a little on the wiring — is it well padded and does it just feel like a normal jacket or can you feel any wiring while wearing?

The wiring is very discrete, it is in the upper chest and shoulders. When you have the coat on you can’t really tell that it has heating coils in it at all. I don’t think anyone else could tell either if it weren’t for the really sweet illuminated power button 🙂

The power supply goes in a pocket that is on the inside of the coat by the waist. The power cord is a bit longer so if you wanted to put the battery on your belt it would allow for that too.

Very cool…I do like that lighted switch…that is a pretty cool looking feature.

Orange County, CA

Profile photo of BRENDAN
    FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

Jason, It has a USB charger?

Brendan – I am pretty sure it does, which is sweet.

Jason – thanks for the comparison to a TNF wind-stopper. Very helpful

John S

Profile photo of Boyd
    Dabbs

Wow, Very cool jacket. I can’t wait to hear more. Like how long does the battery last and how warm is it. Love the on-off switch, I think I want one already

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Jason, It has a USB charger?

Why yes indeed it does Brendan. When you really look at all the features this baby packs in you wonder why anyone would wear a normal jacket.

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I will do some real life battery longevity tests as soon as it gets a bit colder out. I wish I would have wore it today since its raining. Have to test the waterproofness.

I am leaving for a trip this weekend and I am wondering if I should bring my charger? You just never know if a cold spell is approaching.

The USB charger is a great idea. Why not? You are already carying around a high capacity battery pack!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,003 total)

The topic ‘New Bosch Heated Jacket Product Reviews’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 5.302 seconds