dcsimg

New Bosch Colt Router Model

Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 812 total)
  • Author

All this talk about switching over to Makita makes me feel good that I made the switch over 10 years ago. That said, I still use my 12V Bosch’s in my shop, as I have no 12V Makita tools.

Every Bosch 18v tool I have is great. Every recent 12v Bosch tool is great (the old stuff was hit and miss)

Every 18v Makita tool I own is also great

No bad choices

But Bosch is slow to market on a lot of great cordless stuff. So if I were choosing a platform now, Bosch 12v or Milwaukee Fuel 12v would win at the 12v level and Makita would get the nod at 18v

That said, my 500 series Bosch barrel grip jigsaw, my new colt router, my MRC23 and 1617 full size routers, my vac090s extractor vac, and my big bad sanders are all astonishingly good tools. From all accounts, the new track saw is close to a twin to the Mafell, which in turn is probably the best one on the market, riding on the best designed track.

Maybe Bosch is gambling that they can dominate the smaller corded model and let everyone else fight it out for corded

Maybe they want to have really really good corded stuff.

redwood
    Pro

So if I were choosing a platform now, Bosch 12v or Milwaukee Fuel 12v would win at the 12v level and Makita would get the nod at 18v

That’s exactly where I’m at.

That said, my 500 series Bosch barrel grip jigsaw, my new colt router, my MRC23 and 1617 full size routers, my vac090s extractor vac, and my big bad sanders are all astonishingly good tools.

And other then I have the old Colt, I use all those tools pretty regularly.
    I easily own more Bosch corded tools then any other manufacturer.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

All this talk about switching over to Makita makes me feel good that I made the switch over 10 years ago. That said, I still use my 12V Bosch’s in my shop, as I have no 12V Makita tools.

Every Bosch 18v tool I have is great. Every recent 12v Bosch tool is great (the old stuff was hit and miss)

No bad choices

But Bosch is slow to market on a lot of great cordless stuff. So if I were choosing a platform now, Bosch 12v or Milwaukee Fuel 12v would win at the 12v level and Makita would get the nod at 18v

That said, my 500 series Bosch barrel grip jigsaw, my new colt router, my MRC23 and 1617 full size routers, my vac090s extractor vac, and my big bad sanders are all astonishingly good tools. From all accounts, the new track saw is close to a twin to the Mafell, which in turn is probably the best one on the market, riding on the best designed track.

Maybe Bosch is gambling that they can dominate the smaller corded model and let everyone else fight it out for corded

Really, I have had the Bosch ni-cad cordless from way back in 2004 plus numerous corded tools , and the 12 volt tools I bought around 2007 never had any issues.

No bad choices

Really, I have had the Bosch ni-cad cordless from way back in 2004 plus numerous corded tools , and the 12 volt tools I bought around 2007 never had any issues.

Maybe issues isn’t the way I’d describe it. More limitations

The old OMT in 12v Li-ion had a battery life in seconds and choked on metal. Great for tight spaces and quick cuts, but limited. The PS31 drill and PS41 impact are ok, the 30 and 40 were much less powerful. The brushless 22, 32,and 42 leave them in the dust. The older mini recip saw is great for cutting up small branches and wood for the scrap bin, but it isn’t a replacement for a “real” reciprocating. They were a sacrifice between capability and size. The newer ones are much less of a compromise

Doobie

@madman_us

Alex, did you finally get and try out the 8mm collet you were importing from Europe?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I finally got to pick one up and play with it a bit the other day. Our Lowes is slow to get new Bosch tools and same with the local hardware store.

I really like the adjustment features – the locking mechanism seems pretty solid, although I am a little worried the spring inside will get clogged really easily and stop holding the little locking door open as well, making it harder to slide the housing along the motor body. Otherwise, it seems like a really nice piece of equipment. I wouldn’t mind one myself, lol.

I purchased the new colt for less than 100 bucks. guess I got lucky haha

I got my Ridgid 18 volt free when I bought a 179$ drill-impact kit. I sold the drill and impact for 150$ and kept the router.

😮 that’s a good deal, especially since you already have the platform.

I just sold that router for 50$ to a coworker..

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

plunge base is coming for the GKF125CE

Who is stocking the plunge base?

retailers will stock it when it comes available

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

plunge base is coming for the GKF125CE

Who is stocking the plunge base?

Nobody. It’s not yet released. Just promised

Oh makita has a very good plunge base. I have 2 small Makita routers now,and the plunge base that’s why I sold the Ridgid.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Alex, did you finally get and try out the 8mm collet you were importing from Europe?

@Doobie

sorry no
    Still sitting in Germany. Had to deal with a ton of other personal stuff.
    all other tool related things are on a big hold.

did steve (dadgineer) mentioned anything about it, yes or no fit?

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

No bad choices

The old OMT in 12v Li-ion had a battery life in seconds and choked on metal. Great for tight spaces and quick cuts, but limited. The PS31 drill and PS41 impact are ok, the 30 and 40 were much less powerful. The brushless 22, 32,and 42 leave them in the dust. The older mini recip saw is great for cutting up small branches and wood for the scrap bin, but it isn’t a replacement for a “real” reciprocating. They were a sacrifice between capability and size. The newer ones are much less of a compromise

Yeah I agree with that 12 volt omt, that’s why I bought my corded Bosch omt,
    I’m still using the PS30 and PS40, they are definitely not as powerful as the newer ones, but still working okay much better with the 2.0Ah battery packs.
    And you are right, that’s another reason I never bought the 12 volt recip, I just use the 18 volt.

Did you get the PS42, it’s a nice impact

No bad choices

Yeah I agree with that 12 volt omt, that’s why I bought my corded Bosch omt,
    I’m still using the PS30 and PS40, they are definitely not as powerful as the newer ones, but still working okay much better with the 2.0Ah battery packs.
    And you are right, that’s another reason I never bought the 12 volt recip, I just use the 18 volt.

Did you get the PS42, it’s a nice impact

Nope. I have the PS22 and the Flexiclic but am still rocking the PS31 and PS41. I’ve tried the 32 and 42 though

Anyone have the new plunge base for the new Colt or have an ETA on availability?

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Anyone have the new plunge base for the new Colt or have an ETA on availability?

It doesn’t come with the plunger base? My Makita came with a plunger base.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Nope. Last I heard it was coming in the near future. Not sure if it’s out by now or not.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

Nope. Last I heard it was coming in the near future. Not sure if it’s out by now or not.

Sadly, ‘near future’ with Bosch NA can mean years in some cases.

Thanks. I saw it on the Bosch website so it looked like it was out or would be soon.

Orange County, CA

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks. I saw it on the Bosch website so it looked like it was out or would be soon.

It’s been a long time coming for sure. I’m looking forward to seeing the differences between the new and old versions.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yup mine came in the Box with the fixed and plunge base as the kit. Oh and with 2- 5.0ah batteries.

The cordless trimmer would be nice for many things. Not sure the 12v Bosch would have the oomph I need, but maybe they will have an 18v in the future.

Orange County, CA

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

ya it’s on there for quite some time, but not available to order yet.
    I want one too

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 812 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.553 seconds