dcsimg

New Bosch Colt Router Model

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 812 total)
  • Author

@smallerstick..
    Which aspect of it do you not find user friendly? Thanks.

If I could speak up for myself, I find by colt and my 1617 both a pain to line up to the pin when changing bases, especially compared to the Makitas in my shop.

How about how the GKF125 motor comes in and out of the new fixed base?

Much much smoother. It is much easier to find the sweet spot. You guys got it right with this one

@smallerstick..

If I could speak up for myself, I find by colt and my 1617 both a pain to line up to the pin when changing bases, especially compared to the Makitas in my shop.

Much much smoother. It is much easier to find the sweet spot. You guys got it right with this one

Then the plunge base will be now problem!

Dadgineer
    Project Leader - Bosch Power Tools North America

@smallerstick..

Then the plunge base will be now problem!

What head screw will be on the plunge base plate? I find some are a PITA to swap out, and I seem to have to change plates constantly

Not sure of the exact screw as I am not in the office at the moment, but it is the same screw as the existing PR011.

Dadgineer

Not sure of the exact screw as I am not in the office at the moment, but it is the same screw as the existing PR011.

I really wish someone would put out a quick change of some sort….

Doobie

did you get that 8mm collet from Europe yet?

I have a 8mm collet from my Makita that I’m not using. I wonder if it would fit the bosch??

I doubt it. Collets and the retainers nuts are pretty brand/model specific. Not to say it’s not possible, but I’ve never read online of intercompatibilty between brands in someone doing that.

I can confirm it does not. I would not have trusted it anyways, and I have no 8mm router bits, but the threading does not match (I have the new colt router, and my Makita cordless came with their 8mm collet)

Thanks. At least I know now that that is not an option.

madman_us, did you get that 8mm collet from Europe yet?

I ordered it, but I had not chance yet to take care of the shipping into the US.
    Next weekend I’ll take care of that.

Thanks Alex. I’ve been close to ordering the new Colt but the whole 8mm issue is still holding me off for now.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

@smallerstick..

As others seem to have agreed, lining up the pin on the body with the slot in the base and teasing the two parts together is a challenge at times.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Site doesn’t like me.

Jim has the info, he will share it…

Dadgineer

Ok, now that things are straightened out….

Enjoy…..
    …..And no I was never in radio.

Dadgineer

Enjoy…..

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/S3dDKVQuMVo?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ gesture=”media” allow=”encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

It does exist!!!!

Nice to see progress on the plunge base. Hope that the improved DC will also be improved in dust collection capabilities for it too aside from the improved ability to use the template adapter with it.

I attached photos of the GKF125CE that I got as an open box unit since I didn’t see any photos of it outside of the marketing materials.

The fixed base has a really nifty locking system, 3 position dial. Locked, unlocked for fine height adjustment and rough adjustment. It seems to be a pretty clever mechanism that has the height adjustment screw be part of the locking plate that is cammed by the dial.

Shame there’s no dust collection (yet?) for the fixed base.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Enjoy…..

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/S3dDKVQuMVo?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ gesture=”media” allow=”encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Cool, thanks.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

@Dadgineer, thanks for the preview of things to come.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Enjoy…..

great to see the plunge base. hopefully dust collection will be an option as well haha

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

@dadgineer, anything further on an 8mm collet for the NA version of the new Colt yet?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Enjoy…..

Thanks for sharing that. It feels good to be kept in the loop on developments like that.

Depth adjustment on the standard base really seems to be an improvement, too.

@dadgineer, anything further on an 8mm collet for the NA version of the new Colt yet?

Didn’t someone order a 8mm collet from Europe? Wonder how that is going…

Dadgineer

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Didn’t someone order a 8mm collet from Europe? Wonder how that is going…

yup – order is placed

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

MMWW
    Pro

Just got the GKF125CEK and noticed the collet nut gets very hot when router is running for couple minutes not routing have 2 different routers they don’t get hot like that

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Just got the GKF125CEK and noticed the collet nut gets very hot when router is running for couple minutes not routing have 2 different routers they don’t get hot like that

Welcome to BTP, Steve. Is it just the nut or is the lower bearing area warm as well?

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 812 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.851 seconds