dcsimg

New Bosch Colt Router Model

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 812 total)
  • Author

It sure looks sweet. I have been using the current model and quite happy with it. I would expect it will be added to the list. Soon I hope. Expect to see the older models go on sale during the holidays.

Doobie

Expect to see the older models go on sale during the holidays.

I would like that as well, but the old one has been off the list for quite some time. Don’t hold your breath!

I am definitely glad to see the addition of an LED light, and I am curious just how revolutionary the depth stop really is.

John S

Did the old one have DC capabilities?

Only with the additional bases (i.e. the plunge base).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BD5G93S

John S

I had been holding off for a while, since a lot of reviews showed the competitors having built on and improved over the old Bosch Colt. I figured an updated model had to be in the works. Glad I didnt break down and buy the DeWalt

Still hoping for an 18v brushless though.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

The bigger motor is also a draw. I hope it also includes a 8mm collet like the EU version of the colt. I wonder if they will go with a 1/2″ collet as well.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

I was looking at a small trim style router to compliment my Bosch 1617, and as soon as I can source it in Canada, I just may have to buy it 🙂

Will

Doobie

The bigger motor is also a draw. I hope it also includes a 8mm collet like the EU version of the colt. I wonder if they will go with a 1/2″ collet as well.

Good point I keep forgetting about with these smaller routers. I have very few quarter inch bits, but lots of half inch and a handful or 8mm bits. The 8mm ones are essentially for my only small router I own which is the MFK 700 which I almost exclusively use for edge band trimming.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Just looked to see if they are being sold in Canada, and I guess it hasn’t hit our shores just yet. I wonder if it will bring down the price of the older one.

im pretty sure it will. check out your local store. they might gonna get rid of their colt router before the new ones gonna hit the store

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Doubt it, consider the max bit size is 1 5/16″.

From my understanding the EU version of the Colt has a different motor than ours that can accomodate a 8mm collet, so you couldn’t fit one in regardless. The UK version supposedly doesn’t fit an 8mm collet because the motor is different from the EU version, but it has a similar thread and nut to the NA version.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

From my understanding the EU version of the Colt has a different motor than ours that can accomodate a 8mm collet, so you couldn’t fit one in regardless. The UK version supposedly doesn’t fit an 8mm collet because the motor is different from the EU version, but it has a similar thread and nut to the NA version.

Wonder if they could of made that any more complicated.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The motor is still small at 1.25hp, so I’m thinking the 1/2 collet won’t be included. My Makita router is a 1.25 and it won’t accept the 1/2″ bits.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Anonymous
    Inactive

@reflector where did you get the fsn router kit do they have it in canada ? I really wanna get it but german tool company still didn’t answer me thank you for your respond

@ozturkebrahem

If you just want the router plate that’ll let you use the rails to guide the router, you can order that from Amazon.de (But not the kit) with the 0.8m and 1.1m rails. The connector pieces are the same case too.

I got my FSN OFA 32 Kit from Dictum with the 1.6m holey rails because Amazon.de wouldn’t ship the kit.

It’d be nice if Bosch made these all available in the United States. Here’s to hoping that rumor about the track saw making it to the US is true. At least the rumor about a new Colt I read a few months back was true.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@reflector I got the track saw 110v from uk with lboxx it’s a premium saw I have bunch of others but this one you can tell it’s made in germany

yellaD
    Pro

@reflector I got the track saw 110v from uk with lboxx it’s a premium saw I have bunch of others but this one you can tell it’s made in germany

Good score on getting the saw! How can you tell it was made in Germany?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Over all quality stands out even plastic color is more vibrant. This saw doesn’t look like any other saw I had I have the worm drive c5 and ccs180 they are great saws to but precision on this saw is unmatched.I cut couple plywood just to see how saw works it’s great.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I am definitely glad to see the addition of an LED light, and I am curious just how revolutionary the depth stop really is.

Oh it’s revolutionary alright! I’m dieing to see it.

Doobie

The motor is still small at 1.25hp, so I’m thinking the 1/2 collet won’t be included. My Makita router is a 1.25 and it won’t accept the 1/2″ bits.

I’d be happy with just the 8mm size.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 812 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.925 seconds