dcsimg

New Bosch Colt Router Model

This topic contains 770 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by  montreal_woodworks 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 771 total)
  • Author

http://toolguyd.com/bosch-colt-router-variable-speed-fixed-base-gkf125cek/

I can’t seem to find any more information about it. The model number seems like its vaguely like the rest of world Bosch nomenclature (GKF = Router) instead of the US nomenclature (Four numbers or leading with letters like “MR”/”PR” then numbers).

Now I’m curious if it’ll work with the old Colt plunge base… Especially after getting the FSN rails with the router plate.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Nice find. I do like that they added the LED light.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Cool! Thanks for sharing, I was about to buy the old model.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

It’s about time the Colt got an update. The last generation has been around for quite a while. As you said, this model appears to be the European model. Hopefully that doesn’t mean the new Colt won’t be available in North America.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Some of the newer tools seem to have something closer to the Bosch international nomenclature like the GTS1031 (“GTS 10 J” overseas, the 4100’s sliding table saw cousin is the “GTS 10 XC” and from my understanding the GTS 10 XC is a newer design)

It seems it’ll be available in the US since Lowes and Menards already has it in their systems…

Oh hell yeah!!! I have wanted a smaller router for awhile and like Bosch routers but wasn’t in love with the older Colt’s features. If they add a plunge base I am in!!! Great find @reflector!!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Awesome find reflector.
    I don’t have a small router yet. Definitely on my list.
    I’m pretty sure it will be available with a plunge base

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Nice to see it’s coming. Hope to see some better DC on it. The LED is a nice touch.

I REALLY hope it’s compatible with the old bases. If it is it’s a winner and I will have it on order as soon as it’s available. I already want two colts…

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Anonymous

I just noticed a couple days ago we don’t have the Colt on the list anymore, Maybe we can get the new version on it.

I just noticed a couple days ago we don’t have the Colt on the list anymore, Maybe we can get the new version on it.

That would be cool!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

yellaD
    Pro

I love that! When’s it coming to CAN? never?

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Really like the transparent base and LED, the old adjustment works fine for me though.

That is cool. It is a nice little router. It has been off the list for several months now – maybe in anticipation of the new model coming out. This one looks nice. The lights are a very nice addition.

Orange County, CA

Looks like it has lots more power than the older one too. Still not even on the Bosch website – I was hoping to get some more info on it. Very cool…

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Nice find. I do like that they added the LED light.

The LED light is nice and I love it on my Ridgid router but it’s the “Revolutionary” Depth Control is what I really like. I can’t wait to get one.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Anonymous

That is cool. It is a nice little router. It has been off the list for several months now – maybe in anticipation of the new model coming out. This one looks nice. The lights are a very nice addition.

Several months? Wow, I didn’t realize that. I’ve got another laminate job coming up and this time I was hoping to get that Colt, Shoulda woulda coulda got it last year

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

i did find some informations.
    at lowes for $139

http://www.lowes.com/pd_738825-353-GKF125CEK_0__?productId=999928328

1.25-HP Variable Speed Fixed Corded Router

Powerful 1.25-HP (max), 7.0-amp motor for compact versatility with 16,000-35,000 RPM provides a durable, solid, and precise palm router
    Revolutionary new depth adjustment system for easy and precise depth adjustment
    Wide-bit capacity – fixed base accepts bits up to 1-5/16-in wide
    Constant Response™ circuitry – monitors and maintains speed under load for consistent performance – provides overload protection and soft start for reduced start-up torque
    Round translucent polycarbonate sub-base – can be centered for worry-free guidance along templates
    LED lighting provides enhanced view of bit area
    Palm-grip design with soft grip and finger support pockets – provides exceptional comfort and control
    Angled cord exit – helps keep cord out of the way
    Variable-speed dial – for matching the speed to the work piece and task

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I’ve never owned a Colt, but I’ve always wanted one. This may now get me ‘off the pot’ , as in the one you sit on and not the one you smoke, and finally get one! 😉

I like that they addressed the issue with the opening around the collet on the old one being too open and being prone to an errant finger popping into.

Seems they made more of the base closed with transluscent plastic which also tells me that dust collection might be better as a result as well if they have an attachable accesory for it.

Did the old one have DC capabilities?

I have a feeling old acessories won’t be cross compatible all around.

“Revolutionary” plunge system eh! (hate it how companies overuse this word). We’ll see if that’s true. My 2 1/2 HP Triton has what they would have called the same, but I always thought it was so opposite of plunge designs I’m used to, I rarely ever use it because of that. I’ve only kept it because of all the templates and accessories that came with it and I got it at a good price. I actually should get rid of it as it has been largely replaced with other stuff over time.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

I have an old, shaky, noisy Millers Falls trim router that badly needs replacing. Thanks @reflector , this seems to be the one for me.

I noticed in the comments how easy it is to make a PC compatible sub base in order to use the PC template guides. That really clinches the deal for me.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it muffles the sound.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Just looked to see if they are being sold in Canada, and I guess it hasn’t hit our shores just yet. I wonder if it will bring down the price of the older one.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 771 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 8.107 seconds